Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Also interesting that the mock you posted has us taking Booth over Gardner I don’t see us taking two CBs in round 1 so definitely will come down to who we prefer.

Hard to say what CB we would like with Gannon status still unknown with the Texans we could end up with an entirely new DC 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, We also have to consider how many QB's are drafted before 15. Even though we may think they are not worth a top 15 pick, many other teams may not pass up on the top three or four.

This could be a great draft to trade back with pick 16 and grab a 2023 #1 pick in addition to a later pick this year in round 1.....Allot of decent Defensive players in the top 32...

How about we trade with Detroit? This year's #32 pick and next year's #1 for our #16 pick?

3 minutes ago, stine said:

Well, We also have to consider how many QB's are drafted before 15. Even though we may think they are not worth a top 15 pick, many other teams may not pass up on the top three or four.

Mmmm I’m going to saying 1 QB maybe 2…. Though I wouldn’t rule out the Eagles considering a QB either can’t with Howie and the QB factory 

Malik Willis is seeming the most impressive QB early on through the process had a great day in the bad weather…. Plus arm and the athletic ability will making him appealing the teams. 

Would not shock me if he is the first and only QB taken in the top 15 

Desmond Ridder could be a climber as well young only 22 good athlete and he has all the tools to be a great QB. Be similar to Josh Allen doesn’t have the polish right now but clearly the physical talent 

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Pedey taking on the challenge that is Jax

WOW

2 hours ago, stine said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2022-chiefs-giants-browns-raiders/jncqhyxnoy7h1fyri334f51pk

This Mock has Gardener going 23rd. No way the Eagles pass on him should he be there at 16.

LOL no way he goes that late. Vikes take him at 12

1 hour ago, stine said:

How about we trade with Detroit? This year's #32 pick and next year's #1 for our #16 pick?

Question for you.... every team from pick 20 to 31 offers you their 1st rounder this year plus their 1st next year...  do you like that deal better than if it were Detroit or any of the other teams picking early 2nd round?

I guess for me, my ultimate goal would be securing a deal with one of those teams that I think will pick earlier in round 1 next year. 

39 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Question for you.... every team from pick 20 to 31 offers you their 1st rounder this year plus their 1st next year...  do you like that deal better than if it were Detroit or any of the other teams picking early 2nd round?

21 to say... 25 yes. Any later and I don't know it feels like its getting a little late. 

15 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

21 to say... 25 yes. Any later and I don't know it feels like its getting a little late. 

New England, Vegas, Arizona, Dallas and Buffalo.       Vs Detroit, Jax, Jets etc.     Idk, I guess for me, I'm not worried about the drop off of our pick, being we still have the other 2.  It's more about anticipation of next year's 1st rounder being better.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

I guess for me, my ultimate goal would be securing a deal with one of those teams that I think will pick earlier in round 1 next year. 

I am going by what the going rate is Joe. If anyone is stupid enough to trade from 20-31 plus next year's Number 1 I will jump on it. I was thinking Detroit may be the only one who needs to move up and might part with next year's Number 1...

1 hour ago, stine said:

I am going by what the going rate is Joe. If anyone is stupid enough to trade from 20-31 plus next year's Number 1 I will jump on it. I was thinking Detroit may be the only one who needs to move up and might part with next year's Number 1...

But. Let's say you could get Buffalo at 25,plus their #1 next year.   Vs Jax at 33 plus their #1 next year.   I would prefer the trade from Jax myself.

16 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

But. Let's say you could get Buffalo at 25,plus their #1 next year.   Vs Jax at 33 plus their #1 next year.   I would prefer the trade from Jax myself.

I can see your point. Basically you are thinking out loud about who’s first round pick will be worth more next draft. Moving down from 15 to 33 is a massive move though. Think they’d need to sweeten the pot more than just next years one.

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I can see your point. Basically you are thinking out loud about who’s first round pick will be worth more next draft. Moving down from 15 to 33 is a massive move though. Think they’d need to sweeten the pot more than just next years one.

You get both offers.  No other picks.  Which one are you taking.  For me, I take Jax all day.    They have a successful season, could be pick 10.    Buffalo could disappoint and still be pick 25 again.        For me, the difference between pick 25 to 33 isn't as big.

Go look in that draft chart and show me the values and difference between 25 and 33.... vs say 10 and 25.  Go do a mock draft... where we have 2 picks already made... then look at players from 25 to 33.       

We all know it's a crapshoot and any player is not certain.  But I'm looking at that potential high pick next year as the best asset. 

On 2/4/2022 at 10:28 AM, stine said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2022-chiefs-giants-browns-raiders/jncqhyxnoy7h1fyri334f51pk

This Mock has Gardener going 23rd. No way the Eagles pass on him should he be there at 16.

But we should pass on him at 15, too high there

On 2/4/2022 at 8:51 AM, stine said:

Why keep trading for another year. This team needs talent NOW! And LOTS of it.

2 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Why wouldn’t you??? If you can trade down to gain future assets in another year plus have a pick it’s a win win. 

If we are at 19 and can trade down to 35 and still pick a player plus have more picks in in 2023 we can help now and have future assets. Everything is a balancing act. 

I’d much rather trade back gain future assets over just drafting a guy with a pick we are meh on

3 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

My counter to that would be... If you can trade one of those first round picks for a first next year (and a little bit more) why not? You still get 2 first round picks this year and who knows maybe you end up getting an offer that gives you a late 2021 first and a 2022 first? Or a 2021 second and a 2022 first?

You know the more I think about it I truly think the Eagles should go for Russ. I was on the fence but realistically he probably plays a minimum of 5 years could easily play 7-10 more season especially behind our OL.

Eagles could likely get him for two 1sts and Hurts can opt to do a pick this year and a pick next year so still have two first this year. 

Cap wise Russ is on a super team friendly deal worst case we pay him 12th highest QB money at like 24m best case we could be paying him 19m be the 16th highest paid QB. 

10 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Why wouldn’t you??? If you can trade down to gain future assets in another year plus have a pick it’s a win win. 

If we are at 19 and can trade down to 35 and still pick a player plus have more picks in in 2023 we can help now and have future assets. Everything is a balancing act. 

I’d much rather trade back gain future assets over just drafting a guy with a pick we are meh on

IMO up down sideways year to year really has no bearing if you can't identify the players your need and we know that has been an issue for many years. About any top 15 player will do well for you,but you can't keep kicking a rebuild down the road. You are merely extending the amount of time it will take 

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

You know the more I think about it I truly think the Eagles should go for Russ. I was on the fence but realistically he probably plays a minimum of 5 years could easily play 7-10 more season especially behind our OL.

Eagles could likely get him for two 1sts and Hurts can opt to do a pick this year and a pick next year so still have two first this year. 

Cap wise Russ is on a super team friendly deal worst case we pay him 12th highest QB money at like 24m best case we could be paying him 19m be the 16th highest paid QB. 

He doesn't want to play here

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I always liked Wilson. But there are many troubling signs with his play. You could easily make a case he’s on the decline. I believe there are many contributing factors with that. I believe he can still play at a high level. I don’t see him remotely playing ten more years. I think he’s got three more years in him.

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IMO up down sideways year to year really has no bearing if you can't identify the players your need and we know that has been an issue for many years. About any top 15 player will do well for you,but you can't keep kicking a rebuild down the road. You are merely extending the amount of time it will take 

That’s the thing here. We need guys actually in the building. You can’t develop and grow the team if they aren’t here. I want to really get a strong push into the future with our young core. But we still can have a strong draft even if we trade back on 15(the obvious pick that’s up for sale).

Archived