Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Think it will be very telling how Siri adjusts his second season. That will tell us what he’s really trying to do.

The bigger question for me is will Howie get the players HE wants,or use his ego dart board

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still like the Wuss and the logo can be 2 crying vajaja's holding each other up

BTW beat death for the 4th time last week. I am still not out of the woods,but getting better slowly

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IF they had balls they would say "going back the redskins. They tried to get GB to change and GB told them to eff off

Washington fought it for a long time. Snyder got caught screwing up so bad he had to put his wife in charge. They’ve been getting investigated for a long time. Snyder has no power.

15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The bigger question for me is will Howie get the players HE wants,or use his ego dart board

I’m still not convinced on Siri. So the GM needs to not just get niche guys for Siri’s system. Definitely not for Gannon.

39 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s all about the changes they made on how they were playing it. First half Mahomes was on. Did Cincy just play better in the second half? I’m seeing a very different defensive setup. So it’s real hard for me to believe that wasn’t a big cause. Mahomes had troubles reading the D.

So you think strategy on Hill wasn't the key factor in the two halves?     

27 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What offense you think Pedey was running?

The offense that Reich put together the game plan for and he would then call the plays from.   How were we as a screen team with Chip? 

AR is decade ago....he isn't our identity...let it go man. 

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m still not convinced on Siri. So the GM needs to not just get niche guys for Siri’s system. Definitely not for Gannon.

I'm not convinced Siri is the guy either... how about we get him some players and we shall see.  For me, he gets atleast one year with the next QB. 

19 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I'm not convinced Siri is the guy either... how about we get him some players and we shall see.  For me, he gets atleast one year with the next QB. 

I'd agree with that. I think he showed some good things last year but he also made mistakes and ultimately as HC his team’s slow starts fall to a large extent on him. I think he's got real potential but time will tell. 

27 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Too much to guarantee I think. He has to improve and earn the job this year.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Pretty amazing what coaches can do with players… I mean I think the Bengals coaching staff is avg. nothing special on that bunch yet they are going to the SB.

Can do that when you have Burrow at QB and 3 legit weapons to throw to

Think Siri would look better with a legit QB under center like a Burrow or a Herbert.

right now we basically only have half an offense we can’t throw worth a damn as we have seen numerous times with Hurts 

51 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Think Siri would look better with a legit QB under center like a Burrow or a Herbert.

right now we basically only have half an offense we can’t throw worth a damn as we have seen numerous times with Hurts 

I think Burrow probably wouldn’t look as good

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Too much to guarantee I think. He has to improve and earn the job this year.

He'll get a 3rd year after they get a new QB.   Lurie doesn't like to make hasty moves. Obviously he likes Siri..  the QB is going to take the blame in year 3, can't continue to look like a college QB in year 3.

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Having Chase and Higgins would really help also.

If we had Burrow Smith and Geodart would look equally as good as Chase and Higgins would be my guess.

Smith 900 yards and Geodart 850 with below avg. QB play that pretty damn impressive 

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think Burrow probably wouldn’t look as good

I think Burrow looks equally as good if not better here… We have solid weapons 900 yards 850 yards and 650 yards from our top 3 guys with sub par QB play think Burrow gets way more from them. On top of that Burrow would have an elite OL to play behind something he definitely doesn’t have in Cincy 

This Flores lawsuit is huge. There are the racial aspects which are important. Then there are the tanking allegations. We obviously know FL and No Mas agree with tanking. But it really hurts the integrity of the game. Many were upset with us just for tanking only the final game.

The massive part that seems to be flying under the radar is: the owner was offering under the table money. Said he was offered 100,000 per loss. This area is really sketchy. Coaches aren’t a part of the salary cap. But it gives the feel that owners routinely use money under wraps to get their way. Does anyone think they won’t do it with players also? Use of the owners private jet, homes….who all knows what benefits their business companies can offer.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This Flores lawsuit is huge. There are the racial aspects which are important. Then there are the tanking allegations. We obviously know FL and No Mas agree with tanking. But it really hurts the integrity of the game. Many were upset with us just for tanking only the final game.

The massive part that seems to be flying under the radar is: the owner was offering under the table money. Said he was offered 100,000 per loss. This area is really sketchy. Coaches aren’t a part of the salary cap. But it gives the feel that owners routinely use money under wraps to get their way. Does anyone think they won’t do it with players also? Use of the owners private jet, homes….who all knows what benefits their business companies can offer.

The Eagles tanked the last game this year ....correct?  Do you feel it hurt the integrity of the game? 

That allegation would get the Miami owner in trouble...not sure it does anything to the league or benefit any minority in the future?   I think ultimately this could be the only aspect of the case that has any consequences 

The aggressiveness — absolutely — is going to carry over, but I think you’ve got to look through the lens [of], ‘What does aggressiveness actually mean?,'” Macdonald said, via the team’s website. "It’s about keeping the offense off-balance and where they’re not really believing what they’re seeing on a down-to-down basis. So, a lot of times, that will come with the schemed-up pressure – that’ll happen. A lot of times it could be a fake pressure, it could look like this coverage and play like another one. You’re changing the stress points of the zones and things like that and just trying to create doubt at all times. You want to be the one pushing the envelope, rather than the other way around.”

New DC in Baltimore what he’s trying to do.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

The Eagles tanked the last game this year ....correct?  Do you feel it hurt the integrity of the game? 

That allegation would get the Miami owner in trouble...not sure it does anything to the league or benefit any minority in the future?   I think ultimately this could be the only aspect of the case that has any consequences 

Obviously the Giants thought us tanking last year DID hurt the integrity of the game. Resting your guys a week before the playoffs is acceptable. Throwing a game week 9 is a big problem.

Now, if all QBs are readiNg D perfectly how could a guy get hired with this logic as the new DC in Baltimore?

Archived