Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But I want to make clear I appreciate Stine’s thoughts. You are really knowledgeable. I almost always can understand where you are coming from. I’ve felt the Niners were in a great position. Injuries have been brutal to them. Jimmy has felt like a bust to me. Terribly disappointing.

Idk about bust.  He's in the lower part of the middle for me.   I didn't have the huge expectations for him, doesn't seem like any aspect of his game is special?   He plays on the winning team often enough though. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think I could run with Jimmy G over Shew. So that’s my consideration. Money seems like a lost cause. The way I think it should be done never happens, even though he have a very tenured FO. I want to clear the cap and rebuild. But they instead shove money towards future seasons and max out each year just to be competitive. So what I want isn’t happening. So if we are going to spend anyway….then I’ll consider the options. G is much better as a backup. Then his intangibles and leadership aren’t holding us back. Same way I feel about Shew. I really see no real good reason to bring in Garrapolo. But my first thought was we could trade Shew for a fifth. So we could offset a fourth by switching. Really the only part of the deal that would work for me. Actually think a desperate team will pay more for Jimmy G anyway. So yes, I really shouldn’t have agreed to any of that. Wasn’t really accurate of my thoughts.

Why are we effing around trading BU QB's? Don't we have bigger issues?

Hurts getting surgery on his ankle. Not good news. I thought it was a high ankle sprain.

Got to wonder if playing on it caused the surgery. Seems like we’ve been left in the dark a fair amount here.

I’m surprised Kellen Moore hasn’t landed a HC job. I was figuring he would be one of the hottest names. I also know it will make Jerry Jones squirm. I was thinking when he gets an offer the Cowboys would boot McCarthy and be forced to bump him up.

26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Why are we effing around trading BU QB's? Don't we have bigger issues?

I think you’re right. Don’t think there is any moves to make at the position at this time.

Sounds like Jermaine Johnson really pushed himself into the conversation for us with a strong practice at the Senior Bowl.

No doubts we are looking into pass rushers. Wasn’t sure if I was high enough on him. Really like his multiple moves. At FL St I’d feel fairly confident in the technique he’s been working on each. Pretty rare to have a guy come in with his level of polish. Not sure how high his ceiling is. Do think he’d hit the rotation day one.

The first signs we are getting of how Siri keeps things under wraps. I do like how he handles himself concerning the prying media. He’s pretty straight forward. But he doesn’t give anything extra. Key part of the HC gig. He seems real in tune with these little detail things. He didn’t want to give anybody a glimpse of his approach until the season started. Now he has a season of film for people to study. Important for him to go over it and evaluate himself. I can’t see all the receivers each play. But his offense seemed real simple. Super RPO heavy to start the season. Lots of screen passing. Didn’t feel like his screens were up to our standards. We’ve been great at the screen game under AR. I like his idea of getting the ball in the playmakers hands to create YAC. But thought it would come more from short passes past the line of scrimmage. Quick slants and crossers with picks. Too much behind the line I thought. I like the idea of doing that stuff going forward. 

Think it will be very telling how Siri adjusts his second season. That will tell us what he’s really trying to do.

If we load up on defense is there any way we keep Gannon? Seems to me we’d be giving him his walking papers by giving him a strong defense. So how do you handle that? Feel like we are screwed either way. 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Washington Scummanders

I was thinking Commoders

Commanders is so lame. Has anybody come out and said they like the name yet? Really surprised with all the money they’ve spent researching this was the outcome.

Been checking out a nice breakdown of Mahomes struggles in the second half of that game. They caught and confused him. Mostly going with a light pass rush. Occasionally a Spy. Clearly Mahomes was struggling to read their defense. Probably go as far as saying their DC outcoached AR. That’s why I laugh when people freak about a 23 year old not being on top of everything yet. Think that’s mostly up to Siri to figure out. So they are seeing things the same way. Need to come up with more multiple plays from the same looks. Appeared we were too predictable. Had tells. Bucs were really dialed in on us. Absolutely crucial that you have throws and passes out of every look. Seemed like Siri was trying to catch up with that part.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We’ve been great at the screen game under AR. 

It's 2022...   AR was fired after 2012.   That's a decade of football in-between.   AR is and has not been anything to do with...." us, we,our" for a while.   Time you should move on too.

37 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Been checking out a nice breakdown of Mahomes struggles in the second half of that game. They caught and confused him. Mostly going with a light pass rush. Occasionally a Spy. Clearly Mahomes was struggling to read their defense. Probably go as far as saying their DC outcoached AR. That’s why I laugh when people freak about a 23 year old not being on top of everything yet. Think that’s mostly up to Siri to figure out. So they are seeing things the same way. Need to come up with more multiple plays from the same looks. Appeared we were too predictable. Had tells. Bucs were really dialed in on us. Absolutely crucial that you have throws and passes out of every look. Seemed like Siri was trying to catch up with that part.

How long has Burrow been in the league?  Seems like he didn't have a problem with KC complicated level defense in the 2nd half?    Maybe a part of the game is what the players do?   

16 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It's 2022...   AR was fired after 2012.   That's a decade of football in-between.   AR is and has not been anything to do with...." us, we,our" for a while.   Time you should move on too.

It’s about the quality of how he ran screens. Masterful. I think he’s the guy to study for that aspect.

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

How long has Burrow been in the league?  Seems like he didn't have a problem with KC complicated level defense in the 2nd half?    Maybe a part of the game is what the players do?   

They pretty clearly breakdown the defensive adjustments at half. I have to think that was very key in messing up Mahomes. KC had a good plan coming in on Burrow it seemed. Cincy made great halftime adjustments. Same players on the field for two half’s. Players gotta make it happen. But this is clear cut coaching adjustments that really worked.

22 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

How can you not think of how AR did it when you see us run screens. Just a big part of our history and culture.

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s about the quality of how he ran screens. Masterful. I think he’s the guy to study for that aspect.

It's about he has not been " we" for a decade.   Time to move on.

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They pretty clearly breakdown the defensive adjustments at half. I have to think that was very key in messing up Mahomes. KC had a good plan coming in on Burrow it seemed. Cincy made great halftime adjustments. Same players on the field for two half’s. Players gotta make it happen. But this is clear cut coaching adjustments that really worked.

Or...how about this one ( of course then you have to admit KC has top weapons... which was another genius take on your part when you were trying to dispute that and put all the credit on Mahomes and AR)...  how did Hill do 2nd half?    Maybe when they took him away Mahomes struggled?    

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Or...how about this one ( of course then you have to admit KC has top weapons... which was another genius take on your part when you were trying to dispute that and put all the credit on Mahomes and AR)...  how did Hill do 2nd half?    Maybe when they took him away Mahomes struggled?    

It’s all about the changes they made on how they were playing it. First half Mahomes was on. Did Cincy just play better in the second half? I’m seeing a very different defensive setup. So it’s real hard for me to believe that wasn’t a big cause. Mahomes had troubles reading the D.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

It's about he has not been " we" for a decade.   Time to move on.

What offense you think Pedey was running?

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No doubts we are looking into pass rushers. Wasn’t sure if I was high enough on him. Really like his multiple moves. At FL St I’d feel fairly confident in the technique he’s been working on each. Pretty rare to have a guy come in with his level of polish. Not sure how high his ceiling is. Do think he’d hit the rotation day one.

Like him alot

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Commanders is so lame. Has anybody come out and said they like the name yet? Really surprised with all the money they’ve spent researching this was the outcome.

IF they had balls they would say "going back the redskins. They tried to get GB to change and GB told them to eff off

Archived