Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

6 minutes ago, stine said:

Well, Based by what I hear, Steelers are looking into JG and I do not think it will cost more than a 4th round pick. Possibly a 5th or 6th. Reason being the 49ers are Cap Strapped and stand to get 25 mil relief by cutting or trading JG...

And on top of the draft pick, it will also cost his salary.   Both of those assets I would like to save and use elsewhere.  

But now you are discussing more reality... with the 4th round pick. If I recall, you were initially discussing giving up a 1st rounder plus???    That wasn't realistic.   

If we gave up a 4th and got a new cheap contract for Jimmy G, then it's possible and wouldn't be that bad, but it's not where the focus should be at the moment.  

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of course we are being linked to Russell Wilson but the crazy thing is if he goes to a new team he comes fairly cheap in terms of QB.

If he is traded for after his roster bonus new team would be on the hook for 19m which is 16th highest for a QB can anyone name 15 QBs better then Russ???

Even if you pay for the roster bonus Russ would cost 24m which would be 12th highest for a QB and again is there really 11 QB better then Russ??? 

34 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Just because I see something about Kenny Pickett not getting his hands measured 

Way to dig BG!

20 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Way to dig BG!

Lol was on a Jimmy K article on players we would keep an eye on during the senior bowl. Wouldn’t have even thought twice about it but read the comments on here about him not wanting his hand measured 

6 hours ago, stine said:

OK, How about we look at another QB that was famous for his dumb passes. My wife is a huge GB fan and has watched every game for 30+ years. She hated Brett Farve because he always threw that pass that shouldn't have been thrown. Heck I remember one at the top of my head when he did it in a play-off game. Threw it across his body to the other side of the field. A big no no.... Lost the game. But hey, he stinks. Just use the eye test!  Oh Wait, he is in the HOF!

Rumor is the Jimmy G may end up going to Pittsburgh. I guess Tomlin doesn't know as much as Joe, Ham and others on here, right? JG is not good enough for us, but Tomlin seems to think he is going to do fine in Pittsburgh....

Everybody that doesn’t have a QB is desperate. I’d think it’s more telling about the market. Pittsburgh clearly has no QB. I’m not feeling Randolph.

39 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Way to dig BG!

80 miles west of Philly eh? I have an ex EMB guy real close to you. Loves to use Grill and Smoker.

23 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lol was on a Jimmy K article on players we would keep an eye on during the senior bowl. Wouldn’t have even thought twice about it but read the comments on here about him not wanting his hand measured 

Well you found it. So take the compliment and be quiet :lol:

5 hours ago, stine said:

Look, I have no clue if JG is the answer or not. I was just pointing him out as an option. In limited action for NE he threw for 5 TD's with no INT's. Maybe it is the system? The players love him as Ham seems to think our players love Hurts. His won lost record indicates that he couldn't have lost too many games with Errant throws. His team seems to think he makes the plays when it counts, similar to what Farve did? It will be interesting to see how he fares under another HC in a different system. If he does go to Pittsburgh, Tomlin must feel he can win with him. I trust his eyes much more than any of ours.....

I don’t see it that their players believe in him. You see them getting frustrated. Usual they don’t go all out making a scene. But the subtle repeating things. Players and coaches. They have a brilliant O mind.

1 minute ago, stine said:

80 miles west of Philly eh? I have an ex EMB guy real close to you. Loves to use Grill and Smoker.

Yes, right around Lancaster. Grill and Smoker?

5 hours ago, stine said:

LMAO!  Oh it is OK to make dumb passes 15 years ago( Farve retired in 2010), but you can't make them now.....

Favre did throw interceptions. But more often than not he was threading impossible passes.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t see it that their players believe in him. You see them getting frustrated. Usual they don’t go all out making a scene. But the subtle repeating things. Players and coaches. They have a brilliant O mind.

His Team Mates love him as much as the Eagle Team Mates love Hurts. All comments coming from both clubs are the same..... Kittles is saying much more than subtle things....

But it matters little Ham...

1 minute ago, EaglesTD123 said:

8 Miles from Lancaster... I believe he is a school teacher TD

2 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I mean he loves to Grill all kinds of stuff. He also uses his Smoker often and does some decent dishes....

We always are comparing via Text lol  I make awesome Ribs and Pork Belly Appetizer...

4 hours ago, stine said:

You are right. I need to see more of JG to make any comparison. I have seen Farve do great things in the play-offs. I also saw him stink up the joint in the play-offs. Thus his 13-11 record. I will say it again. I do not know if JG is the answer or not. I just pointed him out as an option. H e sure has the potential, more so than Hurts. He actually has an arm that can make all of the throws where Hurts will never have that. So, we stick with a QB we know will never be able to do what others can in a passing league?

Hurts isn’t far behind on passing behind Jimmy G. Garrapolo is like 31. Hurts is 23. Garrapolo has better receiving options also. 

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

And on top of the draft pick, it will also cost his salary.   Both of those assets I would like to save and use elsewhere.  

But now you are discussing more reality... with the 4th round pick. If I recall, you were initially discussing giving up a 1st rounder plus???    That wasn't realistic.   

If we gave up a 4th and got a new cheap contract for Jimmy G, then it's possible and wouldn't be that bad, but it's not where the focus should be at the moment.  

We could arguably get a fifth….maybe even a fourth for Shew. I’d trade Shew for G….,if the money gets right.

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Interesting. Double jointed….he probably is working on stretching the measurement to its maximum.

22 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We could arguably get a fifth….maybe even a fourth for Shew. I’d trade Shew for G….,if the money gets right.

We have Hurts though... what does that do for his loyal fans?   You make that move and lose the cap space for a backup QB?   

30 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

We have Hurts though... what does that do for his loyal fans?   You make that move and lose the cap space for a backup QB?   

That’s why I liked Shew. Cheap backup QB. He stepped up and handled the Jets.

Garrapolo to me is a dangerous idea. I could see him coming in and having a couple good games then getting injured. Getting all these people on the hook thinking he’s better than he is. To me he’s a backup. Kittle, the guy relying the most on his QB, of coarse says good things publicly about his QB1. Pretty much anything less gets you into TO-Land. One thing I’ve never been impressed by Jimmy G are his intangibles. Seems to be lacking in this area on several fronts. Judgement on and off the field I question.

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Garrapolo to me is a dangerous idea. I could see him coming in and having a couple good games then getting injured. Getting all these people on the hook thinking he’s better than he is. To me he’s a backup. Kittle, the guy relying the most on his QB, of coarse says good things publicly about his QB1. Pretty much anything less gets you into TO-Land. One thing I’ve never been impressed by Jimmy G are his intangibles. Seems to be lacking in this area on several fronts. Judgement on and off the field I question.

I have a friend who's a SF fan, he's hoping and praying that Jimmy G goes. And he's always said Jimmy G is a pretty good QB but he can be a reason why his team lose games. 

26 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s why I liked Shew. Cheap backup QB. He stepped up and handled the Jets.

So then why did you say.... you would do it if the price is good.    

1. You like " Shew"

2.  We give up more for Jimmy G than we would get back for "Shew "  

3.  We would pay Jimmy G more than we would " Shew"

Why again would you post that you would do it in this scenario?

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So then why did you say.... you would do it if the price is good.    

1. You like " Shew"

2.  We give up more for Jimmy G than we would get back for "Shew "  

3.  We would pay Jimmy G more than we would " Shew"

Why again would you post that you would do it in this scenario?

I think I could run with Jimmy G over Shew. So that’s my consideration. Money seems like a lost cause. The way I think it should be done never happens, even though he have a very tenured FO. I want to clear the cap and rebuild. But they instead shove money towards future seasons and max out each year just to be competitive. So what I want isn’t happening. So if we are going to spend anyway….then I’ll consider the options. G is much better as a backup. Then his intangibles and leadership aren’t holding us back. Same way I feel about Shew. I really see no real good reason to bring in Garrapolo. But my first thought was we could trade Shew for a fifth. So we could offset a fourth by switching. Really the only part of the deal that would work for me. Actually think a desperate team will pay more for Jimmy G anyway. So yes, I really shouldn’t have agreed to any of that. Wasn’t really accurate of my thoughts.

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think I could run with Jimmy G over Shew. So that’s my consideration. Money seems like a lost cause. The way I think it should be done never happens. Wasn’t really accurate of my thoughts.

So.

1.  Jimmy over Shew... I'm ok either way.

2. Not really much complicated about the money in this situation is there? Shew is minimum.  Jimmy would cost more.   Doesn't matter if normal earth structure or a planet Ham contract... Jimmy will simply cost more than league minimum Shew. 

3.  I agree you weren't accurate with your thoughts... I think it happens more than you know.    

4.  Regarding #3.... If you are a Hurts guy, you shouldn't have given this a thought.  To me it shows that you don't really believe in him.   Just playing along for attention

58 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

To me he’s a backup.

You can see that Jimmy G isn’t a starter yet Hurts is???! And Hurts is far worse then Jimmy G???? Like honestly I don’t understand your grading scale like in all honesty Hurts is the worst QB of the trio of him Jimmy G and Shew really not close Hurts needs a massive offseason 

But I want to make clear I appreciate Stine’s thoughts. You are really knowledgeable. I almost always can understand where you are coming from. I’ve felt the Niners were in a great position. Injuries have been brutal to them. Jimmy has felt like a bust to me. Terribly disappointing.

Archived