Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

It’s like you think Rosie wouldn’t spend the money and clear the cap or something. Hahaha….Rosie clearing the cap for the future and him not meddling. Like you don’t even know who he is. He’s been here a long time.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

After Chipper Rosie made sure he had the upper hand on the coach. 

Well think about this...  it that it the case then he isn't looking to get a new coach that would command more respect.   Then he would be looking for more guys like you feel Siri is.  So this whole idea just doesn't make sense.

Either he wants to control the coach... or he wants the better one that will not want to be controlled.   Which is it?

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s like you think Rosie wouldn’t spend the money and clear the cap or something. Hahaha….Rosie clearing the cap for the future and him not meddling. Like you don’t even know who he is. He’s been here a long time.

Ham...  you aren't making sense.   I just pointed out how he could have cleared the cap by not spending on the one year deals.   What aren't you getting?? 

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

For what?   Because he was a good DB coach?    Let him go,he hasn't done crap yet in this league.   

I don't get you saying ..." I'm not impressed with Gannon, and then saying " he will be a head coach next year"

It doesn't make sense to worry about  guy leaving that you don't think is any good?     

He didn’t do a good job last season. The D was bad. Yet he was a finalist for the Texans job and had other good interviews according to rumors. Looks to me like Rosie is really doing a bunch for him. Trying to let him feel he has a good DC job. So he doesn’t just take any HC job offered. He can have options instead of just bailing. Think Gannon is part of why Siri got the job.

So before I go further today..entertaining the left field conspiracy theories...

I want an answer to which player after 16 was better than drafting Dean, and getting a 2023 1st and 2024 2nd.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He didn’t do a good job last season. The D was bad. Yet he was a finalist for the Texans job and had other good interviews according to rumors. Looks to me like Rosie is really doing a bunch for him. Trying to let him feel he has a good DC job. So he doesn’t just take any HC job offered. He can have options instead of just bailing. Think Gannon is part of why Siri got the job.

But why would we care if he left if he isn't good?    It doesn't make sense? 

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Ham...  you aren't making sense.   I just pointed out how he could have cleared the cap by not spending on the one year deals.   What aren't you getting?? 

Still laughing at the thought of Rosie clearing the cap. He’ll never do that. What I’ve always been saying….he’ll always spend. I think it is a good idea to clear cap to open up bigger windows for a contending team. But he spent all the way even in 2020 when the team had clearly gone really far down hill.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

So before I go further today..entertaining the left field conspiracy theories...

I want an answer to which player after 16 was better than drafting Dean, and getting a 2023 1st and 2024 2nd.

Got real lucky with Dean. Don’t see how that’s a factor. We took Jergens before him even.

Ok..  

1. Rosie wants to control the coach... but he wants a better coach to control?

2.  Rosie cleared cap space by spending $40 mil on players for one year deals?

Karlaftis or Johnson the stud pass rushers were an option. Lloyd was an option. Linderbaum was an option. Elam or Daxton Hill. Or just trade back and load up on more picks…in this draft.

Still laughing at the thought of Rosie clearing the cap. He’ll never do that. What I’ve always been saying….he’ll always spend. I think it is a good idea to clear cap to open up bigger windows for a contending team. But he spent all the way even in 2020 when the team had clearly gone really far down hill.

Got real lucky with Dean. Don’t see how that’s a factor. We took Jergens before him even.

1.  You said he wasn't all in this year.   Is spending that money for one year moves for the future?

2.  The results of the picks are what matters.  Because that pick used for Dean would have had to go in the AJ Brown trade if not for the Saints trade.   

So you want to clear cap for the future by not singing Kelce,  Cox, Barnett and Bradberry....  but you are saying one rookie drafted with pick 16 would be more all in for this year than signing those guys?  Doesn't make sense.  

You do a pass poor job of explaining yourself.

Karlaftis or Johnson the stud pass rushers were an option. Lloyd was an option. Linderbaum was an option. Elam or Daxton Hill. Or just trade back and load up on more picks…in this draft.

Better options than Dean and the other picks?   So we sign those guys, but clear cap by not signing Kelce, Cox, Barnett and Bradberry... and that shows you more all in for this year?

You would trade a 2023 1st and 2024 second for those rookies you just mentioned? 

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Ok..  

1. Rosie wants to control the coach... but he wants a better coach to control?

2.  Rosie cleared cap space by spending $40 mil on players for one year deals?

Rosie wouldn’t clear cap space. He always spends it all. Not just that….he backloads putting into the future also. Even with a team that so obviously had been declining since winning the SB he spent on the 2020 team.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Rosie wouldn’t clear cap space. He always spends it all. Not just that….he backloads putting into the future also. Even with a team that so obviously had been declining since winning the SB he spent on the 2020 team.

But you aren't answering why is he spending on older players on one year deals?   He could have gone the long term route and done those back end loaded deals.   He spent big money for THIS year.

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

1.  You said he wasn't all in this year.   Is spending that money for one year moves for the future?

2.  The results of the picks are what matters.  Because that pick used for Dean would have had to go in the AJ Brown trade if not for the Saints trade.   

So you want to clear cap for the future by not singing Kelce,  Cox, Barnett and Bradberry....  but you are saying one rookie drafted with pick 16 would be more all in for this year than signing those guys?  Doesn't make sense.  

You do a pass poor job of explaining yourself.

With Fletch? Yes. Think he got out from under the previous deal. So that was to straighten out the future, right? 
   The idea of instead of trading away this year’s picks but using future picks isn’t getting through to you as an option it seems.

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

But you aren't answering why is he spending on older players on one year deals?   He could have gone the long term route and done those back end loaded deals.   He spent big money for THIS year.

Nothing is over yet. Kelce is a HOF Eagle. Last season for him. That’s just what you do. Bradbury…probably would only sign one year at that rate. Extending is a possibility. But you don’t understand what Rosie is doing still it seems. He’s laying out the signing bonus for five years on a one year contract. All that money isn’t just on this years cap. This is what he does. He never clears the cap. Just spends and spends and backloads. Check those contracts. Tell me he isn’t backloading those one year contracts with using signing money towards future cap hits.

He is obviously looking to put the best possible team on the field this year.  Even for simply the $$$ motivation to see if they want to give Hurts the big deal..

You have such a hatred for the front office and the way they do contracts that you don't see why it's better than what Dallas did with Dak.   

Omg...dead money for Wentz .... yet you don't see its the same cap hit as Dak for the last 2 years.  " ohh but Dak played and Wentz didn't "  

Yeah...and we also got the picks that were used to get Smith, Brown,  Dean and the future picks from the Saints.   

Dallas can't sign any free agents , while also having to lose some.   And a nice $49 mil cap hit for Dak coming up next year.    

Ohh but Dak played.   Lol.  Did he play well enough to lose their free agents...did he play well enough to be worth Smith, Brown, Dean and the future picks from the Saints?    Did he play well enough for that $49 mil cap hit next year?

If Dallas did it the Eagles way... or really what every team tries to do... then they would have had more cap space to make moves.  

It's why Howie and Lurie don't want to tag Hurts or wait to sign him at not only higher prices but also be forced to have it count more vs the cap.  They need to know after this year if Hurts is the guy. 

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

With Fletch? Yes. Think he got out from under the previous deal. So that was to straighten out the future, right? 
   The idea of instead of trading away this year’s picks but using future picks isn’t getting through to you as an option it seems.

It .I'm just saying that you are putting all the argument about this year... into one rookie player.  

One rookie this year to you is the " all in " for this year.  To me it’s not. Rookies aren't for the current year....signing vets to one year deals are for that year.

Cox was released.... and resigned. That saved money.... would have saved $14 mil more by not reigning him.... just to play THIS YEAR. 

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Nothing is over yet. Kelce is a HOF Eagle. Last season for him. That’s just what you do. Bradbury…probably would only sign one year at that rate. Extending is a possibility. But you don’t understand what Rosie is doing still it seems. He’s laying out the signing bonus for five years on a one year contract. All that money isn’t just on this years cap. This is what he does. He never clears the cap. Just spends and spends and backloads. Check those contracts. Tell me he isn’t backloading those one year contracts with using signing money towards future cap hits.

Ham...  the vet players are for this year.   2022...which they are trying to win.  Stop trying to sell yourself the idea that not every other team would make that Saints trade. It's a no-brainer. 

We could have Lindebaum at G....superbowl baby.  That rookie safety ....Superbowl. 

Right there without those guys...Howie is setting up Hurts to fail.  But he is also trying to make the team more attractive to a future head coach...and also more attractive for a bad DC to stay? 

Howie is apparently a magician...because he can manipulate the roster to be bad for Hurts, but good enough for a new head coach and current bad DC.   It's not all in by spending money on old vets.... that's future moves.  Howie is magic.

The Eagles made moves to both win and to lose.  Because they win either way?   Or do they really lose if they win?

I'm not sure, but somehow it all comes down to week 1 vs the Lions.  

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

He is obviously looking to put the best possible team on the field this year.  Even for simply the $$$ motivation to see if they want to give Hurts the big deal..

You have such a hatred for the front office and the way they do contracts that you don't see why it's better than what Dallas did with Dak.   

Omg...dead money for Wentz .... yet you don't see its the same cap hit as Dak for the last 2 years.  " ohh but Dak played and Wentz didn't "  

Yeah...and we also got the picks that were used to get Smith, Brown,  Dean and the future picks from the Saints.   

Dallas can't sign any free agents , while also having to lose some.   And a nice $49 mil cap hit for Dak coming up next year.    

Ohh but Dak played.   Lol.  Did he play well enough to lose their free agents...did he play well enough to be worth Smith, Brown, Dean and the future picks from the Saints?    Did he play well enough for that $49 mil cap hit next year?

If Dallas did it the Eagles way... or really what every team tries to do... then they would have had more cap space to make moves.  

It's why Howie and Lurie don't want to tag Hurts or wait to sign him at not only higher prices but also be forced to have it count more vs the cap.  They need to know after this year if Hurts is the guy. 

Pretty obvious teams would prefer to know your guy is a stud and have his agent work with the team on working out an extension. Signing a guy for four more years that isn’t the right guy isn’t a good way to go though. So you have all the options. 

12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Ham...  the vet players are for this year.   2022...which they are trying to win.  Stop trying to sell yourself the idea that not every other team would make that Saints trade. It's a no-brainer. 

Seems like the Rams haven’t and wouldn’t.

53 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Could have used the third first rounder this year. For a team that’s really ‘all in’ for this year they could have used a pick or two from 2023 also, right? Isn’t that what contending teams do plenty of…use future picks to get it done.

You see this ONLY when you need that 1 player to put you over the top, not when you need10.......

1 minute ago, stine said:

You see this ONLY when you need that 1 player to put you over the top, not when you need10.......

That’s ‘all in’

Archived