Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yes we need to beat crap teams again with 5th string parking lot QB's LOL. Your bar is so low ants can't get under it

Pro football injuries and things happen. This isn’t Ohio St scheduling every Appalachian St game as home games outside of what the conference forces them to play. Professionals. Nobody cried for us over every injury we had over the years. I just don’t care. Beat the guy in front of you. Whatever it takes….get it done!

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Who was QB 3 and could he have led the team if called upon? Overall this is a better room and there are 2 QB's we can use as trade pieces if we want to. You don't feel Shew could step in and win with this team?(I still feel he is the better QB for THIS team and if Strong pans out he could be a the steal of the draft)

I'll take the room with the better QB.   Certainly I'll take the room with the 2 better QBs.

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We have zero control over the opponent. I want any victories we can achieve though. Number one priority is win the division. Get that home playoff game and a decent seeding. If you haven’t noticed each hand counts the same. No asterisks or anything. Just Win or Loss.

This is big boy football. I really don’t want to hear the excuses.

Yeah I would love a "fake" SB win where  the other teams players all get hurt in a freak accident the day before the game. Love those EZ wussy wins that prove we don't have what it takes. If you REALLY want "big boy football" you beat the BEST they have at their BEST(you know like we did before?) Yet I can understand your weak,  frail "beat up old ladies to take their $5.00" they have thought pattern because your bar is so low you'll accept anything

We have zero control over the opponent. I want any victories we can achieve though. Number one priority is win the division. Get that home playoff game and a decent seeding. If you haven’t noticed each hand counts the same. No asterisks or anything. Just Win or Loss.

This is big boy football. I really don’t want to hear the excuses.

You mean like how great we were last year because we played noone excuses?

But first things first. Respect division rivalry. It’s real. You been watching football too long to not understand this. No matter how down and out anybody is….they will come correct against their rivals.

Welp with all weak teams in this division, if I were you,based on that analysis expect to sweep all 3 teams. Can I count you in that group?

Reports are he is out of his depth. Sinnett isn’t anything special. He’s making him look like a real Qb. This is the area he is strong in. Going downhill from here. He’s got no mobility. Don’t even know if his body will hold up. Pass rush going to really hurt this kid I’m afraid. Stick a fork in him.

LMFAO, OH yeah out of his depth after 3 practices in the "welcome to NFL speed"-amazing stuff. Yeah we need to trade him tomorrow along with alot of the rooks we got because they aren't NFL ready after 3 weeks 🤣🙄. We should have traded Hurts after his first month because he wasn't ready to go. I mean after 2 months you should be ready to lead a SB team lol

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I'll take the room with the better QB.   Certainly I'll take the room with the 2 better QBs.

Wentz out,if Foles got hurt would we have won the SB with Suds? I think not,so overall this is a better room. Now we can argue about the top 2,but OVERALL this is a good QB room(despite Ham wanting to toss Strong after a whole 3 weeks lmao) Suds was here for YEARS,I guess according to Ham we should kept him

By now? So you are saying Siri and Rosie have things figured out better than Bill Walsh, Don Shula…….I think plenty of those old school coaches forgot more about football than these guys will ever know.

Would they still be here if our players were NOT in game shape by game day???? Could old school coaches coach todays players under todays rules? We will never know that answer. Would Dick Butkus be in the HOF if he had to avoid hitting under todays rules? Apples/Oranges,but whatever fits your agenda you roll with

Plenty of time to get injured trying to push through a full game you aren’t ready for. That’s why I thought these guys practiced like they did all these years.I understand walkthroughs being ideal teaching for the whole season. But can’t replace getting your body in game shape. Think we will suffer from this cupcake practice schedule Siri is running. Maybe won’t get as many soft tissue injuries in walk throughs. But we’ll see if it doesn’t bite us early on in the real games where guys gotta be ready to go four quarters. Playing football isn’t like running track or lifting weights.

Used to be in summer players actually took time off,now they basically have to work all year to keep their jobs(which is how it should be). if  player doesn't stay in game shape without a baby sitter, do we want him around anyhow??? Why does the coach need to babysit million dollar babies??? That should NOT be a part of a coaches job description. If it IS,then you should sell the team because you are clueless. A coach COACHES what is THERE. If a player is out of shape, it's the FO's job to get rid of them. AND BTW practices have been REDUCED by the NFLPA for safety reasons,so the staying in shape task has fallen on the players where it belongs. Now,I complained(and always will) when the team comes out of the tunnel FLAT,that IS on the coach. That is a mental prep fail,not a "game shape" fail

Plenty of time to get injured trying to push through a full game you aren’t ready for.

Yes "bubble ball" helmets really help the illusion of grandeur and "getting tough" perfect prep if you are planning a tough game of Horseshoes. Talk about not being PREPARED for REAL hits on GAME day because you wore wussy helmets for all practices. This is like training for a boxing heavyweight title with a blow up opponent and being SHOCKED when your opponent hits back

4 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

There is a difference in having zero control over opponents and realizing we didn’t beat anyone worth talking about last season.

We beat zero winning teams last season and were completely outclassed by an injury riddled Bucs team in the playoffs.

So wanting to get wins be quality teams this season seems like a reasonable request and the logical progression we should want to see. We should expect to beat the bad teams now we have to show we can beat good ones 

Well,you are guilty once again if using logic on Ham. We both need to break this habit

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly…intangible. You can’t put a measuring tape on that! Special special guy!

So now "intelligence" is an intangible??? You aren't smart early on and get smarter? That just comes with being an Eagle? learning your craft is also an intagible? We don't tend to draft/acquire people that are smarter than"average" guys at their positions? We don't look at intelligence or the ability to learn before we get someone?. You know who DOESN'T do that,your contractually perfect buddies over in Texas

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah, let’s think specifically about Stafford. Thrown a ton….but never accomplished anything. Is he the reason they won it all? I don’t really think so. Think they’ve been stacked and Goff was just too terrible to get anything done. They almost even got him there. I watch thise games of the Rams. He missed tons of stuff. But they were just so good O and D.

Always liked Staff. Good QB always,with a crap team. Once the trade was made, he shined. Wonder how may rings the Rams would have if they traded for him 6 years earlier(of course this is contractual timing so you don't get sued-see Miami- for tampering)

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I call straight BS! Outclassed by a vet Brady lead team can’t be construed like you are making it. We were raw. Not talented enough. Exposed in every way. But hanging those two World Beaters at DT in the middle screwed us. Our Oline should be strength. But we got owned on every level. ST. d.O.coaching.experience. We only had like two thirds of money to play with last season. Should have been the worst team in the league. Guys overachieved. Had the will and fortitude to fight after 2-5. Those are the guys I can ride with. Whatever fair weather players….give me the guys that stand up when everything looks lost. We got something there!

IDK where to begin with this post,so I will just let it lay there HAHAHAHAHA OMG!!! HAHAHAHAHA

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Pro football injuries and things happen. This isn’t Ohio St scheduling every Appalachian St game as home games outside of what the conference forces them to play. Professionals. Nobody cried for us over every injury we had over the years. I just don’t care. Beat the guy in front of you. Whatever it takes….get it done!

Didn't say anyone cried for us did I??? Yet those teams knew they beat us when we were down, they didn't deny it like YOU do when we beat trash with your multiple excuses. ANOTHER easy schedule this year and I would like to play them ALL at full strength. If we can beat bad teams at full strength that would be a "next step" up for me. A division won playing 17 Appalachian states doesn't tell me a damn thing(see last year). So my hope is we can win vs everyones best and despite your slams I want ONE MORE TD per game

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah, let’s think specifically about Stafford. Thrown a ton….but never accomplished anything

Yea because the Lions have always been this powerhouse team. No way the Lions wasted talented players. Barry Sanders, Megatron those guys won nothing clearly they were at fault for the terrible teams around them. 

call straight BS! Outclassed by a vet Brady lead team can’t be construed like you are making it. We were raw

So why were we outclassed by an injury riddled Bucs D???? Was Brady out there playing D and I didn’t see him. I’m perfectly fine with you using Brady as a reason for our D getting torched he deserves that respect. But the offense does not have that luxury. Bucs had like 3/4 of there secondary dealing with injuries pretty sure one starter even missed the game. 

Im calling BS on your excuses and it wasn’t just the Bucs it was every winning team last season that outclassed us 

watch thise games of the Rams. He missed tons of stuff.

You watch these Rams games and see what Stafford missed but don’t see all the stuff Hurts missed which by the way was far more then Stafford.

No QB is perfect they all miss plays but Stafford missed far less and made plenty of throws not many guys are going to make.

I don’t see how you see all these faults in other QBs but are oblivious to Hurts 

We only had like two thirds of money to play with last season. Should have been the worst team in the league. Guys overachieved.

Wow this is such a BS take.

Do you even look at roster even without spending a dime last year we didn’t have close to the worst roster in the NFL. Did you look at the Giants roster, Jets, Lions, Texans, Bears, Vikings, Washington, Falcons, Panthers 

So many bad teams last season that had roster in WAY WAY WAY worse shape then ours and that not spending a dime in FA. 

We were right around where I thought we should be last season middle of the pack which yes I did say well before the season even started. So no I don’t see this as a team that overachievers see it as a team that met expectations 

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Wentz out,if Foles got hurt would we have won the SB with Suds? I think not,so overall this is a better room. Now we can argue about the top 2,but OVERALL this is a good QB room(despite Ham wanting to toss Strong after a whole 3 weeks lmao) Suds was here for YEARS,I guess according to Ham we should kept him

How do you like the QB situations in Tampa, Green Bay, Buffalo and Kansas City...  you would rather have our QBs?

14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

C’mon…..Kelce isn’t that special of an athlete. Any pro player is. But amongst the NFL guys he was labeled as not having any real special traits. That’s why he fell to the end of the draft.

???   You see Cs with his quickness and speed often?   I haven't.  

14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He underrated wise. But sure list off all the elite traits Kelce had over other Oline like Lane and Mailata. What do you say they are?

Lane, Kelce, Mailata and Peters could run a relay race vs LBs...  and probably beat a few groups.   That's not the norm for OL.   That's a very TANGIBLE thing. 

I do not disagree at all about Kelce's intangibles, through the roof,but dude is a freak with the way he moves at his size, to ignore that ...  well it's ignorant. 

16 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

???   You see Cs with his quickness and speed often?   I haven't.  

Come on Joe you know any pro bowl C is praised for there abilities to get out in space get out to the 2nd level in block that just super common. Lmao.

But seriously Kelce is a top tier athlete at his position definitely not many guys come close to what he is capable of with his speed and quickness 

14 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Come on Joe you know any pro bowl C is praised for there abilities to get out in space get out to the 2nd level in block that just super common. Lmao.

But seriously Kelce is a top tier athlete at his position definitely not many guys come close to what he is capable of with his speed and quickness 

I'll go one further.... which C that you have watched, gets out in space better than Kelce?

It's not against the law to be athletic and have intangibles.

Archived