Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

43 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

How do you like the QB situations in Tampa, Green Bay, Buffalo and Kansas City...  you would rather have our QBs?

Don't know until I see Hurts perform at those levels

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Don't know until I see Hurts perform at those levels

Right... the other situations look better, and nobody cares about their 3rd string.  It's hilarious the question if Suds would have won the SB....you ever ask that of any other SB winning team?    🤣     I mean the 3rd string QBs behind Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger were really the factor in " liking the room"  for those 11 SB wins? 

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Right... the other situations look better, and nobody cares about their 3rd string.  It's hilarious the question if Suds would have won the SB....you ever ask that of any other SB winning team?    🤣     I mean the 3rd string QBs behind Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger were really the factor in " liking the room"  for those 11 SB wins? 

SO having 3 QB's who could step in and run the team is "hilarious"? Wentz got us most of the way to the SB,Foles took us home,but what if he got hurt his first game in? Once again would Suds have won the Lombardi for us? If that is  "Hilarious" to you, I feel sorry for you. Every team hopes they don't get to their 3rd stringer,but I don't find it "hilarious" that our 3rd could run this team and win(assuming he will pan out which is too early to know). If Brady got hurt and their 2nd got hurt would their 3rd have won them a SB? IDK what's so hilarious about Howie having 3 capable QB's on the roster. I merely stated I liked the QB room,you can disagree all day if you want,it won't change the fact I like the QB room

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO having 3 QB's who could step in and run the team is "hilarious"? Wentz got us most of the way to the SB,Foles took us home,but what if he got hurt his first game in? Once again would Suds have won the Lombardi for us? If that is  "Hilarious" to you, I feel sorry for you. Every team hopes they don't get to their 3rd stringer,but I don't find it "hilarious" that our 3rd could run this team and win(assuming he will pan out which is too early to know). If Brady got hurt and their 2nd got hurt would their 3rd have won them a SB? IDK what's so hilarious about Howie having 3 capable QB's on the roster. I merely stated I liked the QB room,you can disagree all day if you want,it won't change the fact I like the QB room

Dude... which team is in good position to win a SB with their 3rd string QB. 2017 we were better at QB, it's not close. 

On 6/24/2022 at 10:21 PM, EaglesTD123 said:

GL on your Spartan race! I hope you kick arse lol.  image.gif.baddf92c8e624f89321e63d47f513957.gif

*Punter - GO FOR IT lol

*Sanders and RB position - Agreed

*Tarrt - Agreed

Thank you! I finished 8th. Brutal race! Top 50 qualifiers from last year and 12 did not finish or were disqualified. Started at 6,000 ft above sea level and climbed to 9,000 ft in the first three miles of the race. 30 obstacles and 6.5 miles….I just could not duplicate those conditions for training while carrying a management job. So I was pleased with my race. Unbelievably, the winner of the 50-54 age group had the fastest overall time as well. And the 2nd place guy in the age group had the 3rd fastest overall time. I was 2 minutes 23 seconds behind the winner.

I am really excited to watch AJ Brown and D Smith play together. Reading an NFL magazine and the only Eagles player in the top 50 overall is……Jordan Mailata. Whoa! I love the young man, but that one surprised me. Good for him! Keep improving young man!

Who do you think the best player on the team is? I am a big Jason Kelce fan. The team loses when Lane Johnson is out. Fletcher Cox dominated for years. New talent added is impressive…Reddick, Brown, and even Slay….last year.  RB is the weak link on offense now, right? DE doesn’t look so hot either. Barnett is not a bust, but he is a disappointment. BG is a stud, but after his injury, he is a question mark. Josh Sweat played well, so maybe he continues to flash.

10 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Dude... which team is in good position to win a SB with their 3rd string QB. 2017 we were better at QB, it's not close. 

The greatest show on turf when they had Kurt Warner come in fresh off bagging groceries. Lmao all jokes all jokes 

On 8/6/2022 at 6:45 AM, GreenbleedinNC said:

Welp with all weak teams in this division, if I were you,based on that analysis expect to sweep all 3 teams. Can I count you in that group?

You clearly didn’t comprehend anything I said in that statement.

On 8/6/2022 at 6:47 AM, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMFAO, OH yeah out of his depth after 3 practices in the "welcome to NFL speed"-amazing stuff. Yeah we need to trade him tomorrow along with alot of the rooks we got because they aren't NFL ready after 3 weeks 🤣🙄. We should have traded Hurts after his first month because he wasn't ready to go. I mean after 2 months you should be ready to lead a SB team lol

You are so lost you said "trade”….it’s just a CUT…..nobody would trade anything for that.

On 8/6/2022 at 6:54 AM, GreenbleedinNC said:

Would they still be here if our players were NOT in game shape by game day???? Could old school coaches coach todays players under todays rules? We will never know that answer. Would Dick Butkus be in the HOF if he had to avoid hitting under todays rules? Apples/Oranges,but whatever fits your agenda you roll with

They only coached one season here. Started 2-5….not a ringing endorsement of their strategy. Other factors involved also…

On 8/6/2022 at 7:01 AM, GreenbleedinNC said:

Used to be in summer players actually took time off,now they basically have to work all year to keep their jobs(which is how it should be). if  player doesn't stay in game shape without a baby sitter, do we want him around anyhow??? Why does the coach need to babysit million dollar babies??? That should NOT be a part of a coaches job description. If it IS,then you should sell the team because you are clueless. A coach COACHES what is THERE. If a player is out of shape, it's the FO's job to get rid of them. AND BTW practices have been REDUCED by the NFLPA for safety reasons,so the staying in shape task has fallen on the players where it belongs. Now,I complained(and always will) when the team comes out of the tunnel FLAT,that IS on the coach. That is a mental prep fail,not a "game shape" fail

Game shape isn’t the same as just working out in the summer. You just aren’t understanding what I’m talking about. You can’t get into actual game shape without actually playing the game. You can run and lift weights…..but that is just the precursor for getting in Game Shape.

On 8/6/2022 at 7:05 AM, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yes "bubble ball" helmets really help the illusion of grandeur and "getting tough" perfect prep if you are planning a tough game of Horseshoes. Talk about not being PREPARED for REAL hits on GAME day because you wore wussy helmets for all practices. This is like training for a boxing heavyweight title with a blow up opponent and being SHOCKED when your opponent hits back

I actually see no problem with wearing padded helmets. Why not protect against concussions is practice as much as possible. Protecting against those hard helmets hitting your own players is wise also. I’m not just much of a fan of having the hard helmets. They do damage.

On 8/6/2022 at 7:11 AM, GreenbleedinNC said:

So now "intelligence" is an intangible??? You aren't smart early on and get smarter? That just comes with being an Eagle? learning your craft is also an intagible? We don't tend to draft/acquire people that are smarter than"average" guys at their positions? We don't look at intelligence or the ability to learn before we get someone?. You know who DOESN'T do that,your contractually perfect buddies over in Texas

We look for guys that aren’t thugs off the field so much. We look for guys that have a love for football. We pay attention to the guys possessing these intangibles.

On 8/6/2022 at 7:14 AM, GreenbleedinNC said:

Always liked Staff. Good QB always,with a crap team. Once the trade was made, he shined. Wonder how may rings the Rams would have if they traded for him 6 years earlier(of course this is contractual timing so you don't get sued-see Miami- for tampering)

He put up tons of stats and threw the ball plenty. Never got anywhere. Went to a completely stacked team and didn’t screw up too much to keep them from winning. In a nutshell…he didn’t suck. Wasn’t that great either though.

On 8/6/2022 at 7:20 AM, GreenbleedinNC said:

Didn't say anyone cried for us did I??? Yet those teams knew they beat us when we were down, they didn't deny it like YOU do when we beat trash with your multiple excuses. ANOTHER easy schedule this year and I would like to play them ALL at full strength. If we can beat bad teams at full strength that would be a "next step" up for me. A division won playing 17 Appalachian states doesn't tell me a damn thing(see last year). So my hope is we can win vs everyones best and despite your slams I want ONE MORE TD per game

We didn’t win the division. Your hope ….doesn’t really belong in football. This is big time football. We just need to find wins. Doesn’t have to be sexy. Just get it done. We aren’t the greatest most talented team of all time. So us beating everybody at their best is not remotely realistic. Be great if we had that team put together….but we don’t. So I’ll deal with reality while you live in the fantasy world.

On 8/6/2022 at 8:24 AM, Bleedinggreen93 said:

You watch these Rams games and see what Stafford missed but don’t see all the stuff Hurts missed which by the way was far more then Stafford.

No QB is perfect they all miss plays but Stafford missed far less and made plenty of throws not many guys are going to make.

I don’t see how you see all these faults in other QBs but are oblivious to Hurts 

I saw a completely loaded WR room get wide open plenty for the Rams. Much much more than our WR room delivered. Stafford wasn’t great though. He screwed up quite a bit. His team carried him. Hurts definitely was far from perfect passing. I’ve never stated otherwise.

23 hours ago, joemas6 said:

???   You see Cs with his quickness and speed often?   I haven't.  

You don’t go after speedy C. Otherwise you’d have 200 pound guys playing the position. Need guys big enough to anchor in the middle. So Kelce being undersized obviously has more speed than the bigger ordinary C. 

22 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I'll go one further.... which C that you have watched, gets out in space better than Kelce?

It's not against the law to be athletic and have intangibles.

How often you see Kelce blow a guy like Vea off the line to get that one yard on fourth down?

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Much much more than our WR room delivered.

Really because I was watching Smith open quite a bit, same with Geodart and Watkins. We don’t have the Rams WR room but there QB also didn’t miss as many opportunities when guys where open that the difference I seen at least 

9 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Thank you! I finished 8th. Brutal race! Top 50 qualifiers from last year and 12 did not finish or were disqualified. Started at 6,000 ft above sea level and climbed to 9,000 ft in the first three miles of the race. 30 obstacles and 6.5 miles….I just could not duplicate those conditions for training while carrying a management job. So I was pleased with my race. Unbelievably, the winner of the 50-54 age group had the fastest overall time as well. And the 2nd place guy in the age group had the 3rd fastest overall time. I was 2 minutes 23 seconds behind the winner.

I am really excited to watch AJ Brown and D Smith play together. Reading an NFL magazine and the only Eagles player in the top 50 overall is……Jordan Mailata. Whoa! I love the young man, but that one surprised me. Good for him! Keep improving young man!

Who do you think the best player on the team is? I am a big Jason Kelce fan. The team loses when Lane Johnson is out. Fletcher Cox dominated for years. New talent added is impressive…Reddick, Brown, and even Slay….last year.  RB is the weak link on offense now, right? DE doesn’t look so hot either. Barnett is not a bust, but he is a disappointment. BG is a stud, but after his injury, he is a question mark. Josh Sweat played well, so maybe he continues to flash.

Elliott might be our best player. 
Sweat will have to learn dual roles as OLB and DE this season.

Impressive in your race. I could have also been only two minutes behind the leader….of the next day.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

How often you see Kelce blow a guy like Vea off the line to get that one yard on fourth down?

Quite a bit over the years we were a damn good QB sneak team from 1 yard out. Says a ton when everyone knows what’s coming to pickup that yard.

But ultimately it’s playing to a guys strengths yes Kelce has struggled at time against bigger DTs he is a smaller guy. But on the flip side because he is a smaller guy he is soooooo much better at pulling and getting down field. 

For as many times as I’ve seen Kelce struggle vs big DTs I’ve equally seen him getting downfield blocking at the 2nd level helping spring open runs. 

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Really because I was watching Smith open quite a bit, same with Geodart and Watkins. We don’t have the Rams WR room but there QB also didn’t miss as many opportunities when guys where open that the difference I seen at least 

I saw him miss a ton. Goff was much worse. Kupp, OBJ, Jefferson, DJax and Robert Wood. Our room wasn’t anywhere close to that.

48 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I actually see no problem with wearing padded helmets. Why not protect against concussions is practice as much as possible. Protecting against those hard helmets hitting your own players is wise also. I’m not just much of a fan of having the hard helmets. They do damage.

Then football needs to go away in lieu of bubble wuss ball. Whole country has turned into a group of Pu**ies who couldn't fight their way out of a sack of wet noodles. Boxing needs to be banned as well as UFC. Baseball needs to change the ball to foam rubber due to injury risk..... and my god get rid of those hard bats.......... yes to prepare for being hit by a 320 pound lineman, I need to train all off season and pre season with a Bozo the Clown blow up weighted bottom figure. That should get me ready to go!!!!

56 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We didn’t win the division. Your hope ….doesn’t really belong in football. This is big time football. We just need to find wins. Doesn’t have to be sexy. Just get it done. We aren’t the greatest most talented team of all time. So us beating everybody at their best is not remotely realistic. Be great if we had that team put together….but we don’t. So I’ll deal with reality while you live in the fantasy world.

Why didn't we win the division? We played 17 games vs Appalachian state(while they were beat up) .This year we play 17 Appalachian states at full strength(hopefullly). Time to stop the excuses,Hurts needs to lead this team and get the W's. He has everything he needs including a defense that will give him more chances to score by getting the ball back. So ONE more TD per game over last years "Appalachian state games" is TOO much to ask? Talk about who lives in the fantasy world.....You don't need to "find wins" you need to CREATE them and there was zero excuses last year for getting behind in ANY game with the trash teams we faced. Noone says we beat everyone,but please, last years excuse for a schedule may have been one of the easiest this team faced in decades. This year isn't alot tougher

Archived