Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

46 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You don’t go after speedy C. Otherwise you’d have 200 pound guys playing the position. Need guys big enough to anchor in the middle. So Kelce being undersized obviously has more speed than the bigger ordinary C. 

yeah he sucks,we should traded him before the SB. WTH were we thinking? also we had an undersized RB we should never have signed in Sproles. These tiny guys never work out

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You don’t go after speedy C. Otherwise you’d have 200 pound guys playing the position. Need guys big enough to anchor in the middle. So Kelce being undersized obviously has more speed than the bigger ordinary C. 

How much lighter is Kelce than the " ordinary center "   you make it seem like it's 50 lbs?   

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Elliott might be our best player. 
Sweat will have to learn dual roles as OLB and DE this season.

Impressive in your race. I could have also been only two minutes behind the leader….of the next day.

Ouch! You think the best player on the team is the kicker?

What do you think about the rest of the roster then?

Anybody else have an opinion of who the best player on the team is?

And thank you for the accolades. 

53 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

How much lighter is Kelce than the " ordinary center "   you make it seem like it's 50 lbs?   

Kelce is listed at 295….or twice what I weigh. Haha.

I know it is arbitrary and maybe even one person’s opinion, but it is interesting to note where they rank the Eagles’ players at their respective positions.

Hurts at 21 - about right. Just below Mac Jones and 3 spots below Tua. P.S. Wentz is listed at 27…interesting.

Sanders - 26…behind Hunt, a backup. Ouch!

AJ Brown - 8 and Smith at 28. Big step up from what this team has had recently.

Goedert - 7, 2 AHEAD of Ertz. Not sure about that, but he does block better.

Mailata - 5 and Johnson - 8 clearly the strength of the team.

NO GUARDS ranked in the top 20 of that position.

Kelce - 3. I think he is #1 center in the league.

Edge Rusher - Reddick at 21 and Sweat at 23. If Reddick is only slightly better than Sweat, that would be disappointing.

DT - Hargrave at 10 and Cox at 21. Hargrave earned the recognition. Not sure he gets it without Cox next to him though.

White at 22; 2 behind Alex Singleton whom I liked.

Slay at 5.

Maddox at 5 as SLOT DBs.

No safetys ranked in the top 20.

13 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Thank you! I finished 8th. Brutal race! Top 50 qualifiers from last year and 12 did not finish or were disqualified. Started at 6,000 ft above sea level and climbed to 9,000 ft in the first three miles of the race. 30 obstacles and 6.5 miles….I just could not duplicate those conditions for training while carrying a management job. So I was pleased with my race. Unbelievably, the winner of the 50-54 age group had the fastest overall time as well. And the 2nd place guy in the age group had the 3rd fastest overall time. I was 2 minutes 23 seconds behind the winner.

I am really excited to watch AJ Brown and D Smith play together. Reading an NFL magazine and the only Eagles player in the top 50 overall is……Jordan Mailata. Whoa! I love the young man, but that one surprised me. Good for him! Keep improving young man!

Who do you think the best player on the team is? I am a big Jason Kelce fan. The team loses when Lane Johnson is out. Fletcher Cox dominated for years. New talent added is impressive…Reddick, Brown, and even Slay….last year.  RB is the weak link on offense now, right? DE doesn’t look so hot either. Barnett is not a bust, but he is a disappointment. BG is a stud, but after his injury, he is a question mark. Josh Sweat played well, so maybe he continues to flash.

i subscribe to the Finite Heartbeat Theory

You only have so many heartbeats and when you use them you die

Races like this use up heartbeats innecessarily

3 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Ouch! You think the best player on the team is the kicker?

What do you think about the rest of the roster then?

Anybody else have an opinion of who the best player on the team is?

And thank you for the accolades. 

He was 91 percent kicking last season. That’s rock star stuff. 

3 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Kelce is listed at 295….or twice what I weigh. Haha.

Sen, good job on the race!   

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He was 91 percent kicking last season. That’s rock star stuff. 

Difference in holders is remarkable, yet all the buzz by some fans of replacing him?

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Difference in holders is remarkable, yet all the buzz by some fans of replacing him?

Bradley was fantastic on ST he should be the starting Lb according to your logic

22 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Bradley was fantastic on ST he should be the starting Lb according to your logic

I thought making a teammate better was an "intangible"?   I'd figure a guy like you " smartest guy on the planet type" would see the difference in Elliot?  

But looking back at the last playoff game...  down 5 scores, if we could have only averaged 5 more net yards on the punts, would have made the difference 

seems I remember certain peeps like GB saying Kelce was too small etc a few yrs ago. I was always a pro Kelce guy as he has the intelligence and the heart. He will defy anyone to beat him on a regular basis. He will never say he's the best, but he's up there. Now if Jurgens can pick that up, we're golden at C for the next decade. The greats have the heart to do it. Heck, same in anything we do

I was only great at the things I had my heart into. When that went I knew it was time to go

As long as I'm in the AC I'll watch it. Damn it's hot

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Sen, good job on the race!   

Thank you Joemas!

How do you analyze the roster? Who, in your opinion, are the best 2 or 3 players on the team?

So I’m seeing the starting defense as: 

Hargrave, Davis and Cox

Sweat and Reddick as OLB 

Edwards and White off ball LB

Bradbury and Slay at CB

Maddox slot

Harris SS 

Epps FS

I’m very high on the AJ trade and have high hopes for him as our best player. Thought Slay was our top guy last season.

Lane has the potential to put together an All Pro season. Love to see him show he still is in his prime.

Mailata is indeed a freak! But I’m thinking with the film out on him now teams are studying him hard. Think he’ll have to overcome his weaknesses. Believe he will.

Archived