Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Give it a few days.... they will blame their new QB.

All reports are he has looked terrible

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

If Wentz whips the Eagles’ butts every game, I think I will be pissed. Not sure what his deal is in the locker room, but the dude can play. So odd to me. 

They are saying he’s been super inaccurate this whole TC.

Saying Broncos have interest in Reagor. Not sure what we could expect in return likely a late round pick or possibly a player for player swap. 

With Covey seeming turning heads at camp as a return man and doing good as a WR. Our return game has been lacking for few years now. 

Keeping Covey as the 5th or 6th WR could make sense. I’d have him ahead of Reagor and Ward easily right now.

7 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

If Wentz whips the Eagles’ butts every game, I think I will be pissed. Not sure what his deal is in the locker room, but the dude can play. So odd to me. 

We shall see..  the Indy issue was not getting vaccinated, it pissed off their lush of an owner.   No shot he beats the Eagles this year with all the intangibles on our side.

12 WR's on the roster,alot of cuts coming there. Pascal/Ward-not stellar,but they are both reliable in a pinch so I hope we hang on to both. Don't know alot about Covey,I will watch him a bit on vid. So those 3, Smith,AJ,Quez would be 6, Reagor makes 7 if we keep him around. I think Reagor is in comp with Quez but at this point if I can trade Reagor I would. IDK what you could ask,maybe a 4th? he's not a bad WR, just has a terrible attitude and work ethic. Possibly he has matured??? Still time to sort them out. Anyone hearing anything about Jjaw as a TE? I think his time here is over as well

https://www.deseret.com/2022/5/11/23067035/utah-utes-britain-covey-accepted-philadelphia-eagles-free-agent-offer-before-nfl-draft-ended   Great attitude. I wasn't aware of him at all in the draft,but I like this kid. Seems like he likes it here. Hope he pans out. Talk was he was an "electric" return man which is Reagors role for the moment,so IMO Reagor is totally tradable

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

,so IMO Reagor is totally tradable

Reagor is disposable... tradable is a different story.  Need another team for that.   

6 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Saying Broncos have interest in Reagor. Not sure what we could expect in return likely a late round pick or possibly a player for player swap. 

Freeing the cap money

Official trade gets you that. Whatever you get.

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Reagor is disposable... tradable is a different story.  Need another team for that.   

Nah not disposable(yet) he still has a little trade value. never lived up to the college hype,but maybe someone can unlock it

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Nah not disposable(yet) he still has a little trade value. never lived up to the college hype,but maybe someone can unlock it

I’d be happy with a fifth. But even a seventh clears some money.

I believe our cap hit would remain about the same this year(owing signing bonus money)…..but we’d clear owing the 4,236,063 of base salaries for this year and next.

We signed RB DeAndre Torrey undrafted North Texas. Gainwell and Scott are out. Sanders they don’t need to use much at all in the PS. So makes sense to let him get out there for scrub up time.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Disposable = we could get rid of him and won't hurt the roster....  we know that. Tradable,  we don't know for sure yet, will depend on another team making an offer.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I believe our cap hit would remain about the same this year(owing signing bonus money)…..but we’d clear owing the 4,236,063 of base salaries for this year and next.

You trade him now...  the $3.6 mil cap hit lowers about $13 k and you split that over 2 years.  That's where you save half this year, but then you would get angry that it creates more " dead " money next year. 

It's a wash...  the idea would be if they could get any asset ... and the bonus of appeasing the fans who want him out. 

I'm with BG thinking they trade disgruntled players if anything,  otherwise he just gets cut.

Sirianni also stated, as he always does, that he’ll never place a timetable on a player’s return, but cracked a smile when he asked a question and then answered it… "How many? 122 games in a row has he played? Yeah, if he’s close, the track record says that he’s going to be ready to go”.

Siri pretty much backed up your thoughts there FL

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sirianni also stated, as he always does, that he’ll never place a timetable on a player’s return, but cracked a smile when he asked a question and then answered it… "How many? 122 games in a row has he played? Yeah, if he’s close, the track record says that he’s going to be ready to go”.

The local media was saying " routine scope " that they all agreed to take care of it now, so he would be better for the season.   

image.png.ea3cba81262042a67b9194e4d7e75db5.png

Nobody likes us......we don't care

DeAndre Torrey’s scouting report via Pro Football Network:

"Torrey is a burner with a great top speed as well as a shiftiness to his game. Undersized ball carrier who gets the most from his ability. Tough, plays while injured, and shows outstanding running vision. Patiently waits for blocks to develop, quickly cuts back against the grain without losing momentum, and makes defenders miss. Immediately finds the running lanes and quickly turns upfield.

16 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Disposable = we could get rid of him and won't hurt the roster....  we know that. Tradable,  we don't know for sure yet, will depend on another team making an offer.

We disagree on "disposable". He(Reagor) still has value even as a BU,so IMO it would reduce the room OVERALL. Now we still have all our starters in place,so to me he is still tradable unlike Wheatlfall who we just let go for this new RB

18 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’d be happy with a fifth. But even a seventh clears some money.

So your boy is costing us LOL. I am STILL miffed about that pick

14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Should be an easy game 1(famous last words) but if he had to sit a week or 2, I don't think we'd be in any kind of trouble.

Archived