Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

37 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The line was ranked 1st by multiple sources ....the ones who do that stuff for a living.   I know what I saw as well.  I'm ok if you disagree 

OUr O line ranked 1 and by most accounts the Lions are at 3,so that was quite a turn round for them

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OUr O line ranked 1 and by most accounts the Lions are at 3,so that was quite a turn round for them

The Lions often brought 6 

5 isn't gonna block 6 no matter how good they are

9 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

I see another RGIII on the horizon.

I hope the stache is as good as the hype

So(maybe a conspiracist lol) but what if they want to do this? If he gets hurt  then we really must go for a top round QB next draft and what better excuse would we have???? I missed my TMZ calling

Just now, Asg 15 said:

No, I was stating O lines not D line vs O line. Our O lines are both very good

Should be a pretty interesting game tonight. Both have weapons on O,both defenses are "ok". Having some fun games early on prime time

So strictly ruthless business 1) We have no intention of re-signing Hurts, but he is well liked and he plays well enough for us to win 2) If we run Hurts enough eventually he will get hurt thats why we have Shew. 3) The fans know we have a good team and they clammor for a top round QB draft pick,our new "franchcise QB" 4) We land him with our 2 round 1 picks,but we know Shew wants to play,so we could trade him later or re-sign him as a BU before the season ends(since Hurts is already out of the picture) paying him a HUGE amount(but still alot less that you would pay a top caliber FA. IDK sounds like a conspiracy,but I also know how business can work at times and it's not pretty. We would have a new rook QB on a 5 year rook scale. Pay Shew more than any other BU(see Daniels on this one) to stick around(or trade Shew for some type late draft pick). Hurts may get better enough to be a BU somewhere. IDK I know it sounds crazy but many timer what you see is not what you get(or should I say what you got is not how it appears you got it) OK I will go take my meds now HAHAHAHA

31 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

I see another RGIII on the horizon.

I hope the stache is as good as the hype

Hard to know/judge by the Jets game,only 1 he played in. And I am consistent in saying I believe Shew is a better QB for THIS team now that we have a full WR room. Shew didn't have alot to work with in Jax,this team is much better than anything he had. You can even see Lawrence struggling in JAX as they start to build around him. Thats what Shew had there also. So for me,and I know he doesn't have a huge arm either,he really hasn't had a chance to showcase his skills with any decent offense. So I can't say if he is good or bad,there is not enough evidence either way. if Hurts went down,I dont think we lose much,just fewer QB runs and more passing. I believe Shew is the more accurate passer,but by far and away hurts is the better runner

BTW in fantasy if you are having TE issues I would snag Everett(right now).I played him last week and he did ok. Should have another nice game tonight vs KC. I grabbed him because of Kittle and I may try hard to keep him stashed on my bench for the bye week. Got 11 points from him last week,expect more of the same this week,maybe week 3 Kittle can go,but I will try to keep him on my bench

2 hours ago, stine said:

Siri said in a presser that he plans on running Hurts as much as needed. He joked about running him 50 times! This is the mindset he has given Hurts. So yes 17 times may happen more often than not. I can easily see 10 runs per game as the norm.

I absolutely agree.  But I think this happens mainly due to the QB himself. Not the coach.   Again, I saw times where he left the pocket IMO early. That's his instinct.  He is a spectacular runner and it's what got him this far in his career.  

You saw problems with the OL... I'm seeing a QB that doesn't audible for the blitz, but rather just decides whether to give the RB the ball or keep it.  I don't see him adjusting the RB or TE to help block..  do you?    It's a different style of football that we run.  It's Chip without the hurry up.

Hurts 79 QBR from INSIDE the pocket last wk w/o the OL in sync - 4th best in the league, should only get better.

18 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Don't forget that I think Chip is somewhere between Lombardi and Belichek.

You sure did love you some Chipper!

11 hours ago, stine said:

OK, so we all saw the Eagles game last weekend. Who on here thought the O-Line did a good job? I certainly thought they played poorly. So I hear that PFF has them ranked as a top 3 unit last weekend! That is so far off base it is not funny. Another reason I think that PFF has no clue. What do they base this on? It was obvious that the Defense was getting penetration all night.

Anyway, I still feel that the O-Line will do much better this week, thus I feel the Eagles will put up a good amount of points. Question is if Gannon can keep Minnesota from scoring more......

On one hand I agree with your assessment. Not great pass blocking. Pretty embarrassing from what most on here touted as best in all the land. But I will come back and say they had some excellent moments run blocking.

9 hours ago, joemas6 said:

The OL was ranked 1 by multiple sources.   They send 6 guys it takes more than the OL.  The QB has a tendency to leave the pocket early, not the OL's fault.   

In all honesty it's part of having the running QB dominate your offensive style.  You don't necessarily want him staying in the pocket and waiting for patterns to develop when he could get out and run for some yards.   Watch Hurts run... he's excellent. It's why he is in the league.  

This is our style now... get used to it.   We aren't going to see elaborate play calling with complicated route trees and patterns.    Everything will be RPO based with the threat of Hurts running himself as the foundation.   

This isn’t real accurate of what took place week one. I post Baldy’s excellent breakdown again since you clearly didn’t watch it. Several times rushers coming right up the middle unblocked. Guys just whiffing. Not a matter of too many rushers….which TE and RB should be picking up. Slow reaction and poor pass blocking happened way too much. I’m willing to chalk it up to not playing together enough and it was week one. But Hurts was forced to run and made spectacular plays….when our last QB would have just held it and taken the sack…and probably fumble. He ran and picked up huge gains out if breakdowns with our Oline. It happened…whether you want to rank them the best or not. I was actually shocked at how poorly the Oline pass blocked. But their were two plays where QB1 avoided the rush and just threw the ball away. I was actually very proud of Hurts for that. Goes down in the stats as an incomplete pass. Haters will grill him for having two incompletions saying he wasn’t accurate. Very good plays by our leader.

7 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

You need to audible for the TE or RB to block the other guy... but we like putting the ball in the RBs belly every play.    Chip in slow motion offense. 

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This isn’t real accurate of what took place week one. I post Baldy’s excellent breakdown again since you clearly didn’t watch it. Several times rushers coming right up the middle unblocked. Guys just whiffing. Not a matter of too many rushers….which TE and RB should be picking up. Slow reaction and poor pass blocking happened way too much. I’m willing to chalk it up to not playing together enough and it was week one. But Hurts was forced to run and made spectacular plays….when our last QB would have just held it and taken the sack…and probably fumble. He ran and picked up huge gains out if breakdowns with our Oline. It happened…whether you want to rank them the best or not. I was actually shocked at how poorly the Oline pass blocked. But their were two plays where QB1 avoided the rush and just threw the ball away. I was actually very proud of Hurts for that. Goes down in the stats as an incomplete pass. Haters will grill him for having two incompletions saying he wasn’t accurate. Very good plays by our leader.

Yeah I'm good, don't really need to watch what already happened.  Not my job....but if they pay me, I might.

Football Pool is $1700  this week. Hoping my teams come thru! I picked NE and Carolina and Philly as my upsets....

14 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah I'm good, don't really need to watch what already happened.  Not my job....but if they pay me, I might.

In the grand scheme, it does not really matter. First week in the NFL is like PS, so no rankings should be analyzed. Wait for week 3 or 4 before looking at O-Lines and D-Lines. But I stand by what I think of PFF and am not the only one. Some times they put out rankings and it makes you shake your head....

1 hour ago, stine said:

In the grand scheme, it does not really matter. First week in the NFL is like PS, so no rankings should be analyzed. Wait for week 3 or 4 before looking at O-Lines and D-Lines. But I stand by what I think of PFF and am not the only one. Some times they put out rankings and it makes you shake your head....

Because with PFF...they grade simply with plus 1, 0, minus 1 on each play with each player.    So the unblocked guy wouldn't count against the OL in their system.  They grade each player and then add up the grades.  Very flawed.   

Doesn't tell the story with the QB deciding to leave the pocket early or not calling an audible to pick up the blitz.   In other words, the " why" as to a defender leaking through the pass protection. 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

image.png.1ac05884ad2e58f06437e9e957b00c58.png

The Enemy's endzone in DOWN!

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Because with PFF...they grade simply with plus 1, 0, minus 1 on each play with each player.    So the unblocked guy wouldn't count against the OL in their system.  They grade each player and then add up the grades.  Very flawed.   

Doesn't tell the story with the QB deciding to leave the pocket early or not calling an audible to pick up the blitz.   In other words, the " why" as to a defender leaking through the pass protection. 

Joe, I just look at a rating and common sense tells me it is way off base. I could care less how these people figure out their rankings. It is flawed and we will see it during the season. Many feel the same way. I guess the main reason people use it is because there are not any others out there....

I think PFF is nothing more than a promotional for the NFL. Just like team power rankings. 

3 hours ago, stine said:

Joe, I just look at a rating and common sense tells me it is way off base. I could care less how these people figure out their rankings. It is flawed and we will see it during the season. Many feel the same way. I guess the main reason people use it is because there are not any others out there....

I agree with PFF....not sure how the other sites rank and why they ranked the Eagles OL 1st last week?    But I disagree with the negative part on the pass blacking.   I see a lot of flaws with the QB in that regard... but I also understand it plays to his strength when he just decides to run.  He is an excellent runner, why wait in the pocket if an opening pops up.   This is going to be our offense with him. 

If this is going to be our O going forward this season…BORING! 

Hurts' running, running, running…pretty much equates to the excitability of NASCAR. "Look, they're making a left turn. Another left turn…another left turn :lol:🤮

Cool year. I’m the youngest (today turned 52) of three boys from a small town in Eastern Idaho where TV was invented. Oldest brother is a Steelers fan (58). Middle brother is a Vikings fan (55). Our teams all play each other this year. First up is a very good Vikings team…..after watching week 1 vs the Packers anyway. Expect a good game. Winner will set them selves up for some real confidence. Loser will have questions to answer and many will realize they may be average.

All teams detest the Cowboys! I actually like all three teams. Having attended almost all NFL stadiums for games, Vikings fans are by far the most decent, good people. Steelers beat the Cowboys at least twice in the big game during the Terry Bradshaw days…really, really good team. And I watched the Eagles whip the Cowboys in the 1980 NFC Championship game at age 10 ( Wilbert Montgomery rushed for 190+ yards) and their jerseys were green….THAT’s my team! Never turned back…even with what felt like 20 years of crappy teams…remember Buddy did not win a single playoff game as coach. The defense was unreal, but the offense was mostly unbearable.

So I am looking forward to the matchup on Monday and the Steelers game in October. I’m not sold on THIS group of players to travel to games like I used to, but still looking forward to watching on TV.  ALWAYS cheering (sometimes yelling profanities) for the Eagles.

I enjoy reading most comments on here where I see other passionate fans of the Philadelphia Eagles. Go Birds!

Archived