Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

47 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Cool year. I’m the youngest (today turned 52) of three boys from a small town in Eastern Idaho where TV was invented. Oldest brother is a Steelers fan (58). Middle brother is a Vikings fan (55). Our teams all play each other this year. First up is a very good Vikings team…..after watching week 1 vs the Packers anyway. Expect a good game. Winner will set them selves up for some real confidence. Loser will have questions to answer and many will realize they may be average.

All teams detest the Cowboys! I actually like all three teams. Having attended almost all NFL stadiums for games, Vikings fans are by far the most decent, good people. Steelers beat the Cowboys at least twice in the big game during the Terry Bradshaw days…really, really good team. And I watched the Eagles whip the Cowboys in the 1980 NFC Championship game at age 10 ( Wilbert Montgomery rushed for 190+ yards) and their jerseys were green….THAT’s my team! Never turned back…even with what felt like 20 years of crappy teams…remember Buddy did not win a single playoff game as coach. The defense was unreal, but the offense was mostly unbearable.

So I am looking forward to the matchup on Monday and the Steelers game in October. I’m not sold on THIS group of players to travel to games like I used to, but still looking forward to watching on TV.  ALWAYS cheering (sometimes yelling profanities) for the Eagles.

I enjoy reading most comments on here where I see other passionate fans of the Philadelphia Eagles. Go Birds!

Happy Birthday,but I will disagree that after week 2 you can claim at 1-1" we're done for the year".I don't see it that way. About mid season weeks 8-9 you have a good idea of who is heading to post season. Week 2 is too early for me to know alot. I suspect we could lose this one,but it's a good test because they will expose our defensive flaws/schemes. Excellent game to figure out where your weaknesses are and address those questions of which you speak. Home field helps alot this week. Should be a hard fought battle and I would like to see Davis more to help slow down Cook. Of course it's pick your poison because then we have to cover their WR's which is not an easy feat. Should be interesting(to me at least) to see how we play from behind which is quite possible this week. We had the lead in Detroit and let them come back. I don;t want to see that again!!! It will be interesting also to see how they handle Hurts running,but if we're down I hope we see more passing. We really still don't know bout Hurts. yeah we have all year,but this would be a nice game for him to showcase his passing skills(if he has them). I think it will be a nice game for Goedert and I would like the ball spread around more than last week. So those are the things I will look for this week

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

If this is going to be our O going forward this season…BORING! 

Hurts' running, running, running…pretty much equates to the excitability of NASCAR. "Look, they're making a left turn. Another left turn…another left turn :lol:🤮

I've been saying this style is boring for a while... buy I'm the bad guy..lol.  

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-fsu-edge-jared-verse-flying-up-draft-boards/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=2-round+2023+NFL+Mock+Draft+✍️&utm_campaign=Draft365+9%2F16%2F22  Pick 1 I am fine with. pick 2 I see no reason to add a WR. Smith-Njinba however is an excellent one. I seriously doubt he makes it to pick 20,he is a top 10 talent, so my choices would be edge,S and CB in 2,or edge,CB,S in 2. hey are assuming we stick with Hurts. But it's early

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I've been saying this style is boring for a while... buy I'm the bad guy..lol.  

I love my flash plays but a vanilla offense that WORKS is how you win games. I guess I came from the old school 3 yards and a cloud of dust era. So boring OSU was, but the W's always looked good to me

11 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Cool year. I’m the youngest (today turned 52) of three boys from a small town in Eastern Idaho where TV was invented. Oldest brother is a Steelers fan (58). Middle brother is a Vikings fan (55). Our teams all play each other this year. First up is a very good Vikings team…..after watching week 1 vs the Packers anyway. Expect a good game. Winner will set them selves up for some real confidence. Loser will have questions to answer and many will realize they may be average.

All teams detest the Cowboys! I actually like all three teams. Having attended almost all NFL stadiums for games, Vikings fans are by far the most decent, good people. Steelers beat the Cowboys at least twice in the big game during the Terry Bradshaw days…really, really good team. And I watched the Eagles whip the Cowboys in the 1980 NFC Championship game at age 10 ( Wilbert Montgomery rushed for 190+ yards) and their jerseys were green….THAT’s my team! Never turned back…even with what felt like 20 years of crappy teams…remember Buddy did not win a single playoff game as coach. The defense was unreal, but the offense was mostly unbearable.

So I am looking forward to the matchup on Monday and the Steelers game in October. I’m not sold on THIS group of players to travel to games like I used to, but still looking forward to watching on TV.  ALWAYS cheering (sometimes yelling profanities) for the Eagles.

I enjoy reading most comments on here where I see other passionate fans of the Philadelphia Eagles. Go Birds!

Happy Birthday

You young whippersnapper

On 9/16/2022 at 1:15 PM, joemas6 said:

Because with PFF...they grade simply with plus 1, 0, minus 1 on each play with each player.    So the unblocked guy wouldn't count against the OL in their system.  They grade each player and then add up the grades.  Very flawed.   

Doesn't tell the story with the QB deciding to leave the pocket early or not calling an audible to pick up the blitz.   In other words, the " why" as to a defender leaking through the pass protection. 

I thought Kelce called protection

On 9/15/2022 at 4:13 PM, joemas6 said:

I absolutely agree.  But I think this happens mainly due to the QB himself. Not the coach.   Again, I saw times where he left the pocket IMO early. That's his instinct.  He is a spectacular runner and it's what got him this far in his career.  

You saw problems with the OL... I'm seeing a QB that doesn't audible for the blitz, but rather just decides whether to give the RB the ball or keep it.  I don't see him adjusting the RB or TE to help block..  do you?    It's a different style of football that we run.  It's Chip without the hurry up.

Third down I would think a blitz is practically assumed. That’s just flat out terrible playcalling and coaching if you think the D will be passive in that situation. But that’s just not what I was looking at remotely. I saw guys coming unblocked or barely touched up the gut on the G. Hurts made miracle plays out of disasters. Thought he was practically the only guy that could turn that into a positive play. Most QB that turns into sack fumble stuff.

23 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I think PFF is nothing more than a promotional for the NFL. Just like team power rankings. 

They analyze specific things that is fans enjoying the game don’t get caught up in. So appreciate their attempts.But our vaunted Oline struggled pass blocking. I was surprised and disgusted.

The Oline crushed some things run blocking. But not nearly good enough in their cohesion and passing assignments up pass blocking. Looked slow coming over with pure whiffs a few times. I didn’t believe my eyes. Not remotely good enough from that group. 

Pass rush was not present. I’m not happy at all about that. We aren’t nearly as good as some dreamed this offseason. The plan looks real shaky on the hybrid looks of we try and do everything but nothing well. Rather go vanilla and just have the guys do one thing excellent than that crap. Not happy with the D. Too much invested for the Lions to do that stuff. I expect our D to dictate terms to that level team. They didn’t get much pressure or tackle. Going to be a real long season if those two areas don’t immediately turn around. To biggest events of playing D in my mind. Frustrated they came out like that. Expected bumps learning….but that was terrible. I’d fire Gannon pretty quickly if I see much more if that.

That’s how I feel…that D performance was fire-able. Maybe a bit harsh week one. But I was disgusted. That stuff I demand gets tightened up or I want heads.

20 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I agree with PFF....not sure how the other sites rank and why they ranked the Eagles OL 1st last week?    But I disagree with the negative part on the pass blacking.   I see a lot of flaws with the QB in that regard... but I also understand it plays to his strength when he just decides to run.  He is an excellent runner, why wait in the pocket if an opening pops up.   This is going to be our offense with him. 

So explain to me Baldy’s breakdown. Pretty clear cut damning evidence is what I saw. QB1 ran for his life with no other option. Unblocked rusher up the middle is completely unacceptable. How Hurts got out of it is a miracle. Can’t think of many guys that could do what he did. Phenomenal escaping and unblocked guy or guys inside rushing. That traditionally is a huge loss or fumble by any offense I’ve known. Mad respect for how Hurts carried us. Sone were even some long distance situations. Thought he really balled out. Siri or Steichen or whomever you want to hold responsible didn’t do much to praise. Watched the Vikings breakdowns…and you see actual x and o plans. They are deliberately  attacking the D in organized ways. We just winging crap. No genius or brilliance there. We put up big points. But I can’t credit wide open guys set up by coach design. Wasn’t impressed. They gotta step things up or I move on. Middling x and o approach from our coaching would be kind to say about what their bringing. They relate to players and are emotional and fire….just feels easily replaceable to me. I’m already feeling they need to impress real soon to keep jobs at this point. Last season they came out just terribly misjudging and not playing to the obvious strengths. I’m talking very basic stuff that we all assumed they’d do. For them to take a third of the season to catch up isn’t cutting it. They do like last season again….I ax heads.

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I love my flash plays but a vanilla offense that WORKS is how you win games. I guess I came from the old school 3 yards and a cloud of dust era. So boring OSU was, but the W's always looked good to me

Disagree vanilla predictable stuff is pathetic. I demand more. At least Chipper predictable crap was uptempo.

30 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Disagree vanilla predictable stuff is pathetic. I demand more. At least Chipper predictable crap was uptempo.

WTF do you care if you win games? If I can run 4 plays and get 6 yards per play and you can't stop me on any of them, I win. But you disagree just to disagree, very typical

50 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Rather go vanilla and just have the guys do one thing excellent than that crap.

Oh so NOW vanilla is ok because YOU said it HAHAHAHAHA OMG you're insane. Hypocrasy at it's finest in back to back posts HAHAHAHAHA.Whiff

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

WTF do you care if you win games? If I can run 4 plays and get 6 yards per play and you can't stop me on any of them, I win. But you disagree just to disagree, very typical

That doesn’t work in this best of the best football.

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Oh so NOW vanilla is ok because YOU said it HAHAHAHAHA OMG you're insane. Hypocrasy at it's finest in back to back posts HAHAHAHAHA.Whiff

Vanilla sucks. But rather have guys excelling doing one thing than doing many different things very poorly. Don’t really think either option is good. Just disgusted with half measure defense. No rush. No tackling. Call it any scheme or playcall you want….never seen that kind of football be successful.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

That doesn’t work in this best of the best football.

First you disagree when I said vanilla can work if you execute it ,then you state you'd rather have vanilla. I love how you just change things to suit your agenda. No consistency whatsoever. So which is it? You can't have it both ways. Vanilla yes,vanilla no. Pick one and stay consistent

So Gannon came out and admitted what many of us had already figured out….that he is running Fangio’s D. So it really makes sense to just hire Vic Fangio himself since he doesn’t have a job currently. 

Archived