Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a quick pic of Hams Hurts shrine in his yard as I drove byimage.png.dfe02074efe9b5c5c90a1ce83a4f4bf3.png

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Hearing Dak could be back as early as week 5

Fine with me, gives them no excuse for losing to us!

Not much offense around the league except from teams you don't expect it . RB's getting shut down everywhere

May be a bit early,but that Detroit O looks 100% improved

4 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

How about Detroit over Wash Wuss. GO Lions!

LOL we had the same thought at the same time-too weird HAHAHA

Panther/Gnats tied up. Mayfield will get better as he gets settled into the new offense. I may try to stash him on my fantasy bench

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

May be a bit early,but that Detroit O looks 100% improved

LOL we had the same thought at the same time-too weird HAHAHA

LOL Yep, pretty sure we were brothers in our last life.

On 9/17/2022 at 1:37 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

Disagree vanilla predictable stuff is pathetic. I demand more. At least Chipper predictable crap was uptempo.

Chipper crap was simply CRAP! 😱

TIER D PROVE IT OR LOSE IT — POTENTIALLY THEIR LAST YEAR STARTING

1. JAMEIS WINSTON, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

It seems as though the Saints reluctantly re-signed Winston this offseason after waiting out some other potential quarterback moves. He was on pace for his best season as far as PFF grade is concerned, as his 74.2 grade before a season-ending knee injury would have eclipsed his 73.7-graded season in 2017. Winston probably has just one more shot as a starter before he becomes this generation's Ryan Fitzpatrick, his former teammate.

2. DANIEL JONES, NEW YORK GIANTS
3. JALEN HURTS, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
4. TUA TAGOVAILOA, MIAMI DOLPHINS
5. DREW LOCK, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS       

PFF before the season began. Hurts got the last 70's grade so there is still hope

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

TIER D PROVE IT OR LOSE IT — POTENTIALLY THEIR LAST YEAR STARTING

1. JAMEIS WINSTON, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

It seems as though the Saints reluctantly re-signed Winston this offseason after waiting out some other potential quarterback moves. He was on pace for his best season as far as PFF grade is concerned, as his 74.2 grade before a season-ending knee injury would have eclipsed his 73.7-graded season in 2017. Winston probably has just one more shot as a starter before he becomes this generation's Ryan Fitzpatrick, his former teammate.

2. DANIEL JONES, NEW YORK GIANTS
3. JALEN HURTS, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
4. TUA TAGOVAILOA, MIAMI DOLPHINS
5. DREW LOCK, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS       

No coincidence that Coach Payton decided to "retire”.

Tua looks a LOT better now that he has WRs.

Giants can keep D J. Lock is still a big question mark.

Hurts played well week 1. We should give him credit. You can’t or shouldn’t criticize him for running after one read if that’s what his coaches want him to do. Not saying they are, but that could be the case. 

How is Wentz not on this list? Ok, so add Wentz to this list of 6 and put them in order you like best.

1) Wentz - just cannot figure out the intangible… locker room issues with him. Dude can throw the football. Does have some boneheaded throws every once in awhile….last year’s left handed throw out of his own endzone was just bad. But the best of this bunch without question.

2) Tua - I just think there is more upside with Tua as a QB than the others on this list.

3) Hurts - he does have great respect with his teammates and that DOES mean something.

4) Jones - Don’t want him but he is on the list.

5) Lock - lots of unknowns still

6) Winston - lots of knowns….interceptions and too many poor decisions in the 4th quarter of games.

It's not my list it's PFF's list and before the season began,so check it out for the other tiers.However I believe you would agree that for this tier of QB's it's a do or die year for them all(as the D tier states). So far it looks like Tua sticks now that they finally got him some weapons(Hill never hurts anyone lol) and an O line. I believe Wentz will stick in DC. Hurts is still a ? but the others have a 1 game advantage,so we will see what Hurts does against a GOOD team. This is a HUGE test for every player and coach on this team. One could argue its the toughest game we have all year. Detroit was for Hurts more of the same run and gun. Eventually teams will figure out how to stop his running,so I would like to see some dang PASSING skills before that happens. This is the game that will show us if his summer work has paid off or if he has reached "the best he will get". After 1 week nobody knows,he showed us the same as last year. The FO and fans need to see growth and nobody cares if he is a nice guy if he can't improve. if there are many teams that can stop Hurts from running I believe the Vikes are capable. So tomorrow night we will see if there is growth in Hurts passing,his accuracy and I stated a few posts ago what I will be looking for. Maybe you look for different things,but I know what I need to see. Not that my opinion matters,but it's a big game in the decision making process as to if we are going to pay out huge money or search for a QB in the next draft. Yes there are many games to play yet,but we have another easy schedule and we need to beat the better teams and this is one of them. We can win divisions until we are blue in the face,but if we can't advance past that and beat teams like the VIkes that's as far as we go with Hurts. Our defense will be tested.I expect an all out aerial war because we aren't going to have a big lead(which we almost lost) like we did in Detroit. Playing at home will help,but this isn't the Lions(and we nearly lost that one) and so Hurts is on this list because that is reality. Hurts leadership(that Ham already loves,I am still undecided as of now,maybe I will love it too or maybe not lol) will be tested tomorrow night. Gonna be a war all night long,should be a great game and Siri cannot wait until 1/2 time to adjust. I need to see that from him also,he has to adjust on the fly,which he really has not shown me before,and so it's a test for Gannon,Siri,Hurts and the rest of the team. It will tell us how far along we are and if changes still need to be made or if it's just "tweaks" needed. I doubt we win this game unless Hurts shows us he has the capacity to be an NFL caliber QB. Last year was terribly easy for him. Not a terribly hard schedule this year either although teams are in better shape than last years 3rd stringers we played. So playing a healthy Vikes team will show us where we are and I look forward to the good,the bad and the ugly all of which will be displayed tomorrow night. Cook> Swift and he ran amok on our run D. JJ> St-Brown so our secondary has a tougher game also. I need to see multiple reads from Hurts because playing the Vikes will require it. We won't win with a college offense and if we can't generate a pass rush,it's going to be a long night for us

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-quarterback-tiers-seth-galina  Here is the entire article and please note as they say they are NOT tiered by comparison,they are tiered by what they are by situation. This is not a best to worst list, this a list of QB situations by tiers

Saw the above vid after I posted. Same as what I said,but really it should be obvious to anyone what we need to do,so I won;t say I called it because the game plan is one we all suspected it would be. All we need to do now is to execute it and that's why this game is BIG to me because if we can execute on the Vikes we have a team to reckon with. I want to add ball control will be big for both teams. This could go into OT or down to a game winning FG for either team. Even if we lose,I want to see us play well and at least slow them down. I also still believe 32 points is needed to have a shot at the W. The D needs to hold them to less than that which is a tough ask. I hope we play Davis more to slow Cook down. Should be a classic war of linemen as well as the skill positions. Should be a terrific game!!!!! :Let's dazzle them with brilliance!!!

This game will tell allot about the team. It would be a win against a decent QB and team. Probably our best for Siri.

31 minutes ago, stine said:

This game will tell allot about the team. It would be a win against a decent QB and team. Probably our best for Siri.

I expect the D to play better.

Or maybe it's just hope they will

Having said that Detroit proved their O is pretty good.

Yes, but Detroit's QB was not good. Cousins is at least a quality QB. Something Hurts has yet to beat.

I like seeing the Giants win. Hope they get 7-8 wins to put them out of the QB sweepsteaks... Carolina, Atlanta, Seattle and possibly Houston all need QB's. So we would have to get in front of at least two to grab one of the top 3 QB's.. Something to think on. Did not include NO as we already have their pick....

Archived