Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurts not as effective now,let's see if he pulls this back together,great first 1/2 though

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Slay has more catches this game than Reagor as a Viking...

Only week 1 for Reagor,he was on ST last week

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

OK, that was about the strangest 5 mins of football ever!

Screw up city on both sides lol

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Only week 1 for Reagor,he was on ST last week

Appreciate that bud. I just wanted to enjoy it for a second. 😊

Too many empty seats at the Linc. We' taking our foot off the gas,I would rather not this early

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Appreciate that bud. I just wanted to enjoy it for a second. 😊

Reagor sucks in any uni LOL

We dodged some bullets and it's concerning we can't score now

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I am disappointed we cannot score in the second 1/2

Hurts went flat

Hard to tell - was it him or the play calling? Been saying for a while I didn't like the plays being called. Hurts can't help it if the OL commits 8 penalties

7 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hard to tell - was it him or the play calling? Been saying for a while I didn't like the plays being called. Hurts can't help it if the OL commits 8 penalties

He was flat,no fire like the first 1/2. When you get penalties that's where leadership should kick in,but didn't. Hurts almost had me convinced the first 1/2. Now I have doubts again. First 1/2 was just amazing,2nd was back to MEH. I will take the W but really no excuses for not scoring the second especially when we had their D gassed. JMO. Nothing was proven to me tonight expect we have awesome POTENTIAL

First 1/2 was nearly flawless. really excellent ball for 30 mins

Hurts doesn't even have to play as well has he did tonight for the Eagles to be a contender.

But if he can string some games likje this together......................

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

2-0 still sounds good on paper lol

On paper and everywhere else

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He was flat,no fire like the first 1/2. When you get penalties that's where leadership should kick in,but didn't. Hurts almost had me convinced the first 1/2. Now I have doubts again. First 1/2 was just amazing,2nd was back to MEH. I will take the W but really no excuses for not scoring the second especially when we had their D gassed. JMO. Nothing was proven to me tonight expect we have awesome POTENTIAL

Dude... let's see the entire season and playoffs.   2-0 , it's time to accumulate wins,not look like the best team in the league, too early to peak.  

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He had 2 incompletoins in the first  half and only 3 in the second.

I'd say the play calling had something to do with it.

He made a pass rolling left. I don't care if it counts, we saw him do it.  That's more important to me than anything  he did vs the horrible soft coverage.   Team forces you to your weakness and you respond...very good sign. 

Fans were ready for this game, Minnesota had no chance.   

9 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

He had 2 incompletoins in the first  half and only 3 in the second.

I'd say the play calling had something to do with it.

Because we went to the run and we didn't execute lol

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Dude... let's see the entire season and playoffs.   2-0 , it's time to accumulate wins,not look like the best team in the league, too early to peak.  

Sure, just critiquing the game as it stood

13 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Because we went to the run and we didn't execute lol

Sure, just critiquing the game as it stood

Tail of two DCs.   Gannon was much better tonight.... not even close. 

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Tail of two DCs.   Gannon was much better tonight.... not even close. 

Agreed,just we couldn't score in the 2nd 1/2 and that should be something to be looked into. Slay was a beast all night. First 1/2 showed how much potential we have,second was disappointing offensively especially since they didn't change alot on their defense. We just went flat and once again should have scored 32 pts,no real excuse not to after running off 24 in 30 minutes

Shout out to the D! This was even better than I was expecting to see. 

Hurts took a stride in improvement. I am proud of him! Def can see he's been practicing hard. He also does a great job protecting himself. IDK what happened to the O in the 2nd half. Did Steichen take his foot off the gas? Drive killing penalties that called back nice gains and conversions? I'm thinking a combination. 

OL deserves a lot of credit too. They gave QB ample time to spread the ball around. Just need to cut out the false starts and illegal down field. Unfortunately that's the poison that comes with the running QB game. Hard for all 11 guys to stay in sync every play.  

11 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Hurts took a stride in improvement. I am proud of him! Def can see he's been practicing hard. IDK what happened to the O in the 2nd half. Did Steichen take his foot off the gas? Drive killing penalties that called back nice gains and conversions? I'm thinking a combination. 

OL deserves a lot of credit too. They gave QB ample time to spread the ball around. Just need to cut out the false starts and illegal down field. Unfortunately that's the poison that comes with the running QB game. Hard for all 11 guys to stay in sync every play.  

Joe thinks it's funny we couldn't score in 30 minutes LOL

Like any game, win or lose, there are areas to work on.......and that includes the coaching and play calling.

But this game was a dominating performance.....and another conference win.  

25 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Hurts took a stride in improvement. I am proud of him! Def can see he's been practicing hard. IDK what happened to the O in the 2nd half. Did Steichen take his foot off the gas? Drive killing penalties that called back nice gains and conversions? I'm thinking a combination. 

First 1/2 was nearly flawless. We beat a very good team,took their "stars" away (I had Cook in fantasy and he killed me lol). JJ was frustrated all night,the D was really good. The game plan worked. Early in the season and if we can't score the 2nd 30 minutes I find that bothersome since we were killin it the first 30.

Archived