Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 hours ago, stine said:

The one line that stands out like a sore thumb- "The Offensive Line ranker resides in Bangladesh." OK so he is a Expert? LMAO!!! Yep we need to take these rankings as gospel!

Please tell me this came from the Babylon Bee

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I agree... where do the guys from the other sites who ranked our OL the best reside?  How about the guys who ranked our WRs the best so far?

You tell me.... Where are they from? India, South America? I have no idea Joe. You seem to know so fill us in.

So the big picture as per " rankings" , our roster and what we are looking for with Hurts and Gannon this year  

Doesn't really matter the exact ranking does it....32 teams if you are ranked on multiple sites as the best , it means you are good.. let's say it should be 9th instead of 1st, that's still an asset to the team as compared to the rest of the league. 

So are off season conversations about Hurts and Gannon having the tools.

" was it fair to expect MVP level play from the QB"  yeah it was when he has the best supporting cast in the league.   The OL and WRs are obvious.  I think we all know Goedert is a top all around TE.  For those who believe Sanders is good, then it should be a no brainer.   Hurts is easily in the best situation of all the QBs with what is around him.  He has delivered on that so far.

As for Gannon,  he has some " PFF rankings " at the top as well.  From his players.  So he has the tools to do really well.   

If either Gannon or Hurts only do slightly above average, that's not good enough.  Right now with this schedule, they have done their job.  The bar was set high,because for both it should be.  Doesn't matter the exact PFF rankings! 

2 minutes ago, stine said:

You tell me.... Where are they from? India, South America? I have no idea Joe. You seem to know so fill us in.

Does it matter where they live?  Do you need to be an expert to grade 1,0 or -?  

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Does it matter where they live?  Do you need to be an expert to grade 1,0 or -?  

Joe, do you really think someone who has never played the sport and lives on the other side of the world is qualified? They know assignments and blocking schemes? They can evaluate blitzes as good as a coach or a ex-Player at that position can? Seriously?

13 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Robinson the RB for Jax. He is playing well.  We were talking about the upcoming matchup with the Jags. They have Robinson and that guy they drafted round 1 last year.

Etienne that played at Clemson with Trevor.

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

GB - glad you're not in SW Florida, you'd stay again.

My Wife has 10 relatives that live in Venice and did not evacuate. They live 3 blocks from the Gulf.....

Some things just make me go huh? Like why didn't people fly their planes elsewhere a week ago?

2 hours ago, stine said:

My Wife has 10 relatives that live in Venice and did not evacuate. They live 3 blocks from the Gulf.....

My inlaws live in Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Some things just make me go huh? Like why didn't people fly their planes elsewhere a week ago?

Insurance?

They were just talking about Punta Gorda. The parts I hate are this house now floods for which we're sueing the neighbors, but that incessant wind for days!

6 hours ago, stine said:

Joe, do you really think someone who has never played the sport and lives on the other side of the world is qualified? They know assignments and blocking schemes? They can evaluate blitzes as good as a coach or a ex-Player at that position can? Seriously?

Did you play football?  If you moved across the world would you be any more or less qualified to say 1, 0 or-1.   They aren't supposed to know assignments... they physically judge how the player did with the person who was engaged. I've said years ago it's aa flawed system for PFF.  You play LT and the QB rolls right and makes a quick pass... you have no shot to get a minus 1 even if you tripped and fell backwards on the snap because no shot the guy you are " blocking" is going to make the play.   Who was our LG ... #69 that was constantly graded like the best player in the league.. " Evan" was his first name... basically because he racked up ones for just being in the right spot. 

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

They were just talking about Punta Gorda. The parts I hate are this house now floods for which we're sueing the neighbors, but that incessant wind for days!

So far so good.

The wife just talked to her brother and sister and all is well

So far

18 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Did you play football?  If you moved across the world would you be any more or less qualified to say 1, 0 or-1.   They aren't supposed to know assignments... they physically judge how the player did with the person who was engaged. I've said years ago it's aa flawed system for PFF.  You play LT and the QB rolls right and makes a quick pass... you have no shot to get a minus 1 even if you tripped and fell backwards on the snap because no shot the guy you are " blocking" is going to make the play.   Who was our LG ... #69 that was constantly graded like the best player in the league.. " Evan" was his first name... basically because he racked up ones for just being in the right spot. 

One play stood out to me.

The Redskins DE went inside and Mailata handed him off to the LG which at the time was Opeta.

Looked to me like Mailata expected the LG to be there but he had gone inside.

10 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I can respect their system much more than those people that praise or blame the QB for everything.

Tons of guess work. Two Oline go in different directions….who is at fault? Only our guys really know that. So many inside nuisances to every position. I’d like to see our coaches grades at some points. That I’d be real interested in. Because everything just comes down to what the coaches want….right or wrong. 

12 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Yep, they searched for some American that moved to Bangladesh? So a T passes his guy off to the LG who decides to block the guy inside. He handles his guy but the guy he was supposed to block makes a sack. The T gets a bad grade and the G gets a good one. Flawed system and graded by people who don't know the sport. BTW -I played Football. Heck I thought everyone on here did.... Did you?

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Tons of guess work. Two Oline go in different directions….who is at fault? Only our guys really know that. So many inside nuisances to every position. I’d like to see our coaches grades at some points. That I’d be real interested in. Because everything just comes down to what the coaches want….right or wrong. 

If you want some credibility hire former O-Line coaches to grade the O-Line, WR coaches to grade the WR's....Etc.... Then I can use it as a tool, not just some random number someone pulls out of the air.

I wonder if this storm has a factor in Sunday's game. Certainly may have a issue for Jacksonville getting here if they did not already leave... 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I can respect their system much more than those people that praise or blame the QB for everything.

Right...the defense won the last 2 games giving up 15 total points...it's 2022, not 1962.    15 points in 2 games is elite level D.   Yet the QB gets all the credit when he hasn't been touched in 2 games?  

19 hours ago, joemas6 said:

So the big picture as per " rankings" , our roster and what we are looking for with Hurts and Gannon this year  

Doesn't really matter the exact ranking does it....32 teams if you are ranked on multiple sites as the best , it means you are good.. let's say it should be 9th instead of 1st, that's still an asset to the team as compared to the rest of the league. 

So are off season conversations about Hurts and Gannon having the tools.

" was it fair to expect MVP level play from the QB"  yeah it was when he has the best supporting cast in the league.   The OL and WRs are obvious.  I think we all know Goedert is a top all around TE.  For those who believe Sanders is good, then it should be a no brainer.   Hurts is easily in the best situation of all the QBs with what is around him.  He has delivered on that so far.

As for Gannon,  he has some " PFF rankings " at the top as well.  From his players.  So he has the tools to do really well.   

If either Gannon or Hurts only do slightly above average, that's not good enough.  Right now with this schedule, they have done their job.  The bar was set high,because for both it should be.  Doesn't matter the exact PFF rankings! 

We’ve committed more of our cap to D than anybody. I believe money matters in pro sports. The D should be leading the way. Almost whole league massively paying on the O side of the ball. So why with our dead money and more than anybody commitment on D financially would the O have such expectations?  Look around the league. Everybody committed more money on O than us

21 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right...the defense won the last 2 games giving up 15 total points...it's 2022, not 1962.    15 points in 2 games is elite level D.   Yet the QB gets all the credit when he hasn't been touched in 2 games?  

We went all out on D. Should dominate and expect them to carry and lead. Think the O getting a lead puts a ton of pressure on our opponents. We are such a great rushing team….Hurts doesn’t give the ball away either. That combo really makes us fantastic with a lead. 

38 minutes ago, stine said:

If you want some credibility hire former O-Line coaches to grade the O-Line, WR coaches to grade the WR's....Etc.... Then I can use it as a tool, not just some random number someone pulls out of the air.

It’s a tool. But not perfect or shouldn’t be the only tool. I respect they look at so much we pay no attention to. 

Jacksonville plays hard for Pederson. They do not have the player we do, but that does not always mean they lose. I expect a hard fought game and it will not be as easy as most think. Look for a close scoring game. If we don't fix our 2nd half issues, we may lose this one.....

Archived