Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is Mailata definitely out? I didn't think he had been ruled out yet. 

So even if he is cleared do you play him and risk a re-injury? IDK but these doctors seem to be blowing calls right and left

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sua Opeta came in at RG for Issac Seumalo. Jack Driscoll came in at LT forJordan Mailata.

I wouldn’t push Mailata’s shoulder. Timing is unfortunate considering Dillard is nearing return….yet very possibly not quite there yet. If you think Mailata injury serious enough you could consider switching Lane over to LT. My thinking being Lane might be better thanDriscoll at LT. Driscoll maybe being more natural on the right side. Lane has done RT for so long. Playing real well right now also.

33 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I wouldn’t push Mailata’s shoulder. Timing is unfortunate considering Dillard is nearing return….yet very possibly not quite there yet. If you think Mailata injury serious enough you could consider switching Lane over to LT. My thinking being Lane might be better thanDriscoll at LT. Driscoll maybe being more natural on the right side. Lane has done RT for so long. Playing real well right now also.

NO

Lane has played nothing but RT for the Eagles for years

Driscoll isn't Mailata but he did pretty good. Why screw up a good thing?

Hoping it’s nothing long term enough to consider. But if Driscoll is twice as good a RT as LT…..then you have to consider the switch. Even if Lane is slightly less as a LT. Team game.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hoping it’s nothing long term enough to consider. But if Driscoll is twice as good a RT as LT…..then you have to consider the switch. Even if Lane is slightly less as a LT. Team game.

Have you ever played Tackle?

You just don't move from one side to the other especially for a guy who has played one position for more than 10 years.

1 minute ago, Asg 15 said:

Have you ever played Tackle?

You just don't move from one side to the other especially for a guy who has played one position for more than 10 years.

Many said the plan was for him to ascend to takeover LT from The Bodyguard many years ago.

It’s not like I also don’t consider  your point ASG. Figuring we should get Dillard and hopefully Mailata back soon it should not be enough of a long term situation to really do anything different than what you are saying. Just that it should be at least considered if the injury looked to be severe enough.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Many said the plan was for him to ascend to takeover LT from The Bodyguard many years ago.

Then many realized that the great pass rushers no longer line up exclusively across from the LT.

There are great pass rushers coming from both sides.

Now having said that i agree with you, if Mailata isn't seriously injured it might be a good idea to hold him out until after the bye

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL maybe because we have a pass rush and their O line is shaky? That tells you all about Lawrence? They are 2-2 1 TD vs the Wuss and that is a W,one TD and 2 pt vs us send it into OT. it's not like they are getting blown out every week

Right no other year 2 QB has a bad 1/2. Just him vs maybe the best D in the league

GB... Lawrence was brutal.  Missed open WR with no pressure on him...the fumble he had nobody around him... fumbles the snap, there was no pass rush established before that,  throws the awful pick to Bradbury off the back foot.    Lawrence was not good at all.  I suggest to actually watch a game and not the fantasy tracker, this way you can see with your eyes what's going on.

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Siposs ranks 28th in the league in net yards per punt and 24th in raw yards per punt, according to TruMedia. He ranks 28th in Puntalytics’ pEPA, which measures the value of individual plays in terms of expected performance.

"We’ve got to get better ... because it’s going to help our whole team out, especially with how the defense is humming right now to give [opponents] a long field,” special teams coordinator Michael Clay said Tuesday of Siposs. "We’ve just got to tighten up in that plus-50 area [on punts beyond the 50-yard line].”              And once again, I was on an island when I threw this flag up. We didn't even bother to bring in any competition, but as always,I know nothing LOL

What about if he Nets another 3 yards, where does that put him in the rankings up from 24th?  

Can't argue he was the correct draft pick at the time.   Been spoiled with this guy.     

FB_IMG_1664939915208.jpg

43 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Can't argue he was the correct draft pick at the time.   Been spoiled with this guy.     

FB_IMG_1664939915208.jpg

Easy to debate he was a historical pick

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

GB... Lawrence was brutal.  Missed open WR with no pressure on him...the fumble he had nobody around him... fumbles the snap, there was no pass rush established before that,  throws the awful pick to Bradbury off the back foot.    Lawrence was not good at all.  I suggest to actually watch a game and not the fantasy tracker, this way you can see with your eyes what's going on.

OK so he was bad,then why does he rank above others on all the lists I posted? I mean if he was that bad wouldn't have he been canned by now? The Jax owner isn't afraid to can people. He even cans/trades good players. I mean wouldn't he be dead last in every category I posted? I hear Brady is getting divorced? Or they have hired lawyers?

Debating whether to pull the Eagles D in fantasy,but I think I will leave them be because they have surprised thus far and I could easily see another "vikes" game where we shut everything they have down. The offense bothers me some with the O line,but that may force the D to play even harder. I hope Siri is going to "run right" with Mailata still out. Ertz will be a target that needs covered

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OK so he was bad,then why does he rank above others on all the lists I posted? I mean if he was that bad wouldn't have he been canned by now? The Jax owner isn't afraid to can people. He even cans/trades good players. I mean wouldn't he be dead last in every category I posted? I hear Brady is getting divorced? Or they have hired lawyers?

Your quote " he is improving every game"  his last game was brutal,  he didn't improve.  Idk about his other games, I didn't watch.  This past Sunday he stunk, that's all I know.

45 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Debating whether to pull the Eagles D in fantasy,but I think I will leave them be because they have surprised thus far and I could easily see another "vikes" game where we shut everything they have down. The offense bothers me some with the O line,but that may force the D to play even harder. I hope Siri is going to "run right" with Mailata still out. Ertz will be a target that needs covered

I would keep. I'm starting to have strong faith that this D is for real. I haven't seen Eagles' D like this since what…2004?

It was freakin record rain for the game, chalk it up to that being the difference - on to AZ.

5 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I would keep. I'm starting to have strong faith that this D is for real. I haven't seen Eagles' D like this since what…2004?

Yeah I said I was leaving them in. I have Birds and the Bucs

6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Your quote " he is improving every game"  his last game was brutal,  he didn't improve.  Idk about his other games, I didn't watch.  This past Sunday he stunk, that's all I know.

So he stunk and learned and that should help him improve. Happens to all QB's. But enough about Jax. Hurts looks great,but so would any QB with this team Howie assembled. The D has been a buzzsaw after week 1

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

It was freakin record rain for the game, chalk it up to that being the difference - on to AZ.

Good point. This  should be another good game in Glendale. Very similar offenses,so now you'd have to figure out how to beat yourself. Not having the starting O line is hurts,but our BU's seem ok. We know Ertz is capable of scoring,but I haven't heard he is lighting up the league,so they have issues in AZ that we can exploit

Archived