Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Another DT and an effective edge guy will take alot of pressure off the DB's as we change them out,so I still think those are the first 2

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seumalo and I think Opeta are FAs. So a RG that has RT potential makes plenty of sense. Driscoll is that guy now. Opeta I feel is a legit starter level G. I’m likely higher on him than most anybody else. But explained how I feel about Stout. So getting him a super talented investment is high level of success rate it feels.

IDK we have RG's. I'm not thrilled with them all,yet I can't see wasting a draft pick on one. This is a spot I would go FA in. I'm worried what happens if Lane gets hurt before post season. I don't see any RG we have being able to handle that RT spot

38 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Right,like I said we didn't do much until last year as far as the defense goes. Howie always expecting miracles from 2nd rate players. Slay was the first legit guy we've had in eons. I also don't know the payoff hasn't happened. of course we;d start Bradberry and CJG and SLAY because we paid them. Not to say the new guys haven't panned out.One could emerge from that group. Hard to know because they don't play

I continue to add Maddox. I believe he plays the slot at arguably a top ten level league wide. Somewhere around that anyway. Can’t wait for his return. Clearly what has been targeted has been the slot and Scott(occasionally with Wallace). Isn’t that how we absorbed that only loss? Washington just kept converting those third downs going there. Really only seen Gannon move his outside guys following to the slot like once. You know having Slay shadow a guy everywhere. Maddox gives up some plays but tends to make it tight. He wasn’t blowing coverages and playing scrappy. So at least made teams earn it trying him. With him in the lineup weren’t they targeting Bradberry by far the most?

Slay,Bradberry and CJG are not all that old yet. I would try to re-sign as many as possible. 31,29 and 24. It's not like they are 34/5. Blank is fine,but if we can sign those 3 again gives us time to locate other BU's

41 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I would think so. last game was just stellar as far as execution goes(other than stupid penalties). We avoided their strength and attacked their weakness. I'm really looking forward to the next Dullaz game. I want to beat them with Dak, Zeke and everyone else,so they can STFU. Wondering if they go get OBJ. IDK if they have the loot

Feels almost inevitable the cowboys add OBJ. Gotta admit it’s a problem. Ceedee Lamb really coming into his own. Dak….been terrible first half and unbelievable second half.  Zeke is that solid tough rusher. Pollard the weapon though. He has juice to make the big plays. Cowboys have D to create problems also. If Diggs makes plays we are in trouble. Get him to bite on pump fake and he becomes a weakness though. But they have big bodies they can throw inside. Have plenty of LB options. Two big pass rushers that I expect to give us problems. 

If we get close to the SB,I'm sure it would be easier to re-sign them and if we lost 1 for a comp pick I would be ok,but that would be my second option. Epps, Maddox and Blank are fine

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Feels almost inevitable the cowboys add OBJ. Gotta admit it’s a problem. Ceedee Lamb really coming into his own. Dak….been terrible first half and unbelievable second half.  Zeke is that solid tough rusher. Pollard the weapon though. He has juice to make the big plays. Cowboys have D to create problems also. If Diggs makes plays we are in trouble. Get him to bite on pump fake and he becomes a weakness though. But they have big bodies they can throw inside. Have plenty of LB options. Two big pass rushers that I expect to give us problems. 

Need to watch Schultz also. He's getting better. Their schedule is nearly as easy as ours,so it will be a game to see who is really legit

I’ve liked how our coaches haven’t seemed to get overly cute in their plan of attack. Reading the stats on the opponent and hitting them where they have weakness. Tons of credit to go around in this area. Rosie’s Analytics Dept really seems to have continually stepped up in their influence. Gotta consider they are feeding huge chunks of this intel to coaching.

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve liked how our coaches haven’t seemed to get overly cute in their plan of attack. Reading the stats on the opponent and hitting them where they have weakness. Tons of credit to go around in this area. Rosie’s Analytics Dept really seems to have continually stepped up in their influence. Gotta consider they are feeding huge chunks of this intel to coaching.

Next 3 are away games,it will be a tough test to win all 3. I think we can do it. We did try a trick play last week

44 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He set a sack record in Chicagp with 18.5. He is old now however. I think he had 7 with us before he got hurt?

One year. He has zero for us. Only had two combined tackle assists even. We got zilch on that forced trade.  Like I said it was the backup fall back option.  Results unfortunately just can’t be argued. 2023 fourth rounder flushed.

37 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I have Murphy and Bresee. I'm hoping the Saints pick goes to 4. If that happens we can trade back and still get one of them and additional pick(s). yeah it's early,but scouts look at drafts next and the one after that to see which positions are deep. Murph we could only go back 1-2 spots, Bresee maybe 3-4 spots(as I see it now). Just getting some idea where they go. There will be movement after the bowl games and of course after the combine

I was seeing those Clemson guys opposite. Breese has all the measurables and versatility. Think of him higher than Murphy. Nitpick land up high of coarse though. So this is not my final draft thoughts yet.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I was seeing those Clemson guys opposite. Breese has all the measurables and versatility. Think of him higher than Murphy. Nitpick land up high of coarse though. So this is not my final draft thoughts yet.

Either is fine, but I know a good edge will entice Howie. I hope they work on Davis ankle strength or that could be a problem going forward.

43 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I have Murphy and Bresee. I'm hoping the Saints pick goes to 4. If that happens we can trade back and still get one of them and additional pick(s). yeah it's early,but scouts look at drafts next and the one after that to see which positions are deep. Murph we could only go back 1-2 spots, Bresee maybe 3-4 spots(as I see it now). Just getting some idea where they go. There will be movement after the bowl games and of course after the combine

At 4 we could get the top guy on our board. You know 3 QB possible. Don’t overthink and try to win on paper by trading back. Take the overall number one player on your board at 4. Somebody would need to just **** away with a huge offer to back off from just drafting that guy.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

At 4 we could get the top guy on our board. You know 3 QB possible. Don’t overthink and try to win on paper by trading back. Take the overall number one player on your board at 4. Somebody would need to just **** away with a huge offer to back off from just drafting that guy.

3 maybe 4 QB's(depends on the desperation level) Carter, maybe 2 CB's and a S,possibly a WR in there,so IMO there is alot of room to trade back. I would be fine with Bresee, take an edge with the later 1 pick. The pro staff will figure out who wants who,but I don't see us standing at 4 when there are additional assets to be had. If we're at 7-8,then yeah I would take the pick

44 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I wouldn't move Mailata. Why fix what ain't broke? Just looking for the heir to Lane. He could probably play 1-2 more years IDK,so ROT could be off the table for now,but we've seen how badly we struggle when he is out and I don't want to start the "musical chairs" on the O line

So you aren’t sold on Driscoll? He’s been rated well when he’s played. Had a hard camp this year having to face BG since he was delegated to backup. But believe tough competition in practice just helps guys grow. But you’d just ignore if a guy is a stud LT instead? I wouldn’t. I like Mailata arguably one either side. He does have that bond formed with Dickerson. Don’t underestimate that. But if you believe Lane still has two more years in him then this draft is too early. If we took a first round RT and he just sat for two…three years….that’s a tough sell.

45 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

My thinking here is maybe Kelce's last year if we hoist the Lombardi(but we will face alot tougher teams than we have played so far). I would like to work Jurgens in at C next year if that happens,draft lanes possible replacement for the following year. Jurgens will have a year in. work the newbies in 1 position at a time(if possible)

Would be real tough to pay Kelce another season. But we need a RG next year. So could try and brutally squeeze Kelce back in at 15 mil. Put Jurgens at RG. Or draft a RT you start at RG is highly likely.

So you aren’t sold on Driscoll? He’s been rated well when he’s played. Had a hard camp this year having to face BG since he was delegated to backup. But believe tough competition in practice just helps guys grow. But you’d just ignore if a guy is a stud LT instead? I wouldn’t. I like Mailata arguably one either side. He does have that bond formed with Dickerson. Don’t underestimate that. But if you believe Lane still has two more years in him then this draft is too early. If we took a first round RT and he just sat for two…three years….that’s a tough sell.

I didn't say to take a RT first, I said I would like the HAVE one. Someone who is not quite there with promise(like Dickerson and Jurgens)

Would be real tough to pay Kelce another season. But we need a RG next year. So could try and brutally squeeze Kelce back in at 15 mil. Put Jurgens at RG. Or draft a RT you start at RG is highly likely.

IMO Jurgens needs to learn all aspects of being the general on D. He won't gain that experience at G

43 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah that's why i wanted a pick that plays ROT right now. Getting a LT, you have a learning curve to make that move to things they aren't used to doing. It's possible,we've seen it happen,but i read alot from LT's that it's very difficult and alot can't do it,or if they do they are "ok" but hardly a replacement for a pro bowler

Teams have to do what’s best overall for them. So college isn’t necessarily playing each guy at their ideal position. They do it in pros obviously too. So can’t put everything on college position he had to play. Gotta project NFL fit. Some can be multiple. 

40 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Another DT and an effective edge guy will take alot of pressure off the DB's as we change them out,so I still think those are the first 2

Always can go all ways. Having sticky coverage can give an extra second for the pass rush also.

38 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK we have RG's. I'm not thrilled with them all,yet I can't see wasting a draft pick on one. This is a spot I would go FA in. I'm worried what happens if Lane gets hurt before post season. I don't see any RG we have being able to handle that RT spot

Driscoll

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Our starting RG is a FA…Seumalo. Backup G Opeta FA also.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Teams have to do what’s best overall for them. So college isn’t necessarily playing each guy at their ideal position. They do it in pros obviously too. So can’t put everything on college position he had to play. Gotta project NFL fit. Some can be multiple. 

Always can go all ways. Having sticky coverage can give an extra second for the pass rush also.

Re-read the post please. I stated as such,but as i said I also read where the transition is not as "breezy" as most think

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Re-read the post please. I stated as such,but as i said I also read where the transition is not as "breezy" as most think

Not thinking it was a disagreement with you as much as just adding to the thoughts.

Archived