Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not thinking it was a disagreement with you as much as just adding to the thoughts.

Well if we go that route we may not have alot of choice, there aren't many active RT's. Kirkland could be a possible round 3 (that is our last pick at the moment other than 2 round 7's). Looks to me like it's going to be a re-run of 2017(win the SB then lose alot of peeps lol)

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So we just lost that 2023 fourth rounder

So the 4th rounder is important...but pick 11 is sketchy?  

Felt like a move for making a moves sake. Offered peanuts for McCaffrey. Think if the Panthers had to move their pass rusher instead of getting the large payday on McCafffrey we would have been players there. That was the guy. But Panthers were wise not to sell the farm. Just were forced to get retooling draft capital. They accomplished that. Giving up the very expensive RB was just what that franchise had to do. I wish I knew how high we would have pushed for that top notch young pass rusher had he actually been the option. Think that would have truely been telling. Quinn was forced. Rosie just gotta make it look like he’s doing his job to the fullest. Sometimes not making the move is the best move however. Suh and Joseph seemed like options for a long time really. Think we waited them out as long as possible. Was an obvious issue the run stopping issues. Been there all season…since Gannon has been here really. So not sure how far I’m willing to go patting Rosie on the back for grabbing those two DT and trading for the DE. Forced Quinn and gave away a 2023 fourth for no return. Pick just gone in my mind. Took the very late step fixing the huge leak with Suh and Joseph. Teams record is good and that’s getting them the least amount of game checks….so works well on those levels.

I agree... brutal offseason by Howie... forget the roster building...that was obvious,  every GM can make all these moves....but losing that important 4th round pick in a draft class where the 11th pick is " sketchy"  I mean, you can't have that!    That stuff just sets the organization back years!

You’re welcome to try and spin how good we utilized that fourth round pick on Quinn. I’ll listen. 

Yeah... that huge investment.  Let's harp on this for a while.  Pick 138 down the tubes now.... 128 guys after the last decent player will be drafted next year. 

Spin... 11th pick sucks when trying to spin the Saints trade in a bad way.... but boy that late 4th rounder is just so valuable....when trying to spin Quinn as a bad one. 

No obvious agenda from the smartest person in his own mind?  

Perhaps the " intangibles " of showing his team he was willing to make the move to help now by getting 3 vets on the DL " obvious as they may be" he made the moves to show the team he is giving them a chance to win now.   Why didn't any other GM make the moves?   

This is the narcissistic mentality.   The subliminal attempts to keep harping on a move you disagree with by trying to make pick in the 130s seem like gold.  Yet pick 11 is " random" and " sketchy" 

Who do you think falls for this stuff???

I don’t know about you guys but my expectations have grown for this season. No Mas has calculated we all but sowed up the one seed already. That means a bye and home field throughout. So that has to come with making the SB expectations now, right? 

You coming around finally?   Anything short of superbowl at this point is failure.   This was a roster that easily was going to win 12 or so games with the schedule... as plenty of the experts said,  if the QB was a known, we would be talking SB contenders.    That's how good the roster is.   

Why take so long???   

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

One year. He has zero for us. Only had two combined tackle assists even. We got zilch on that forced trade.  Like I said it was the backup fall back option.  Results unfortunately just can’t be argued. 2023 fourth rounder flushed.

About 6 times mentioned now about this 4th rounder.   Yet pick 11 is bad.    Just saying... agenda not obvious. 

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

About 6 times mentioned now about this 4th rounder.   Yet pick 11 is bad.    Just saying... agenda not obvious. 

Just looks to be a obvious dropoff getting around ten. Just looking at the draft class talent. Could easily snag guys to begin day three. So losing fourth round pick for no gain sucks. Just the way it is. If Saints pick falls past 8 it could be not nearly as valuable also.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just looks to be a obvious dropoff getting around ten. Just looking at the draft class talent. Could easily snag guys to begin day three. So losing fourth round pick for no gain sucks. Just the way it is. If Saints pick falls past 8 it could be not nearly as valuable also.

Right...pick 8 sucks...but pick 138 is valuable 

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Difficult to know that this early. Smith-Njingba fell on boards after the loss to Michigan. So 1 bad game rearranges the boards. Doesn't mean he sucks. Bowl; games will solidify things much more. Of course you can be a good player in a non bowl playing team,but the teams that play give players a big boost,keep them where they are or drop them down. Pretty much the last live look you get at them before the combine. Then you have the interviews which tell you if they are jerks to be avoided,then you get the close up inspections of the guys that are high on your board. So we have a long way to go to know where there is a drop off. And some don't get the coaching others have.For me it's a plus if you can locate those guys that maybe need pro coaching. We've usually been good at the late player pick-ups. If course you can't hit them all,but we get some nice UDFA's and round 7's and for some inane reason,they want to sign with us,so whatever system Howie has,he seems ahead of that curve. Many of those have grown into at least acceptable BU's. Then you have the "overshoots" where guys are really ranked too high(see Reagor ahead of JJ on many boards). So as the games are played(college) we will see a re-alignment(or not). I tend to 'watch the game" so watching a lineman is usually out for me. I do TRY to watch them,but I am more interested in the play in general(did it work,not work or why. Normally I say rounds 1/2 should start for you,but what I like seeing is some DON'T,because the guys we have are just too good to lose their jobs and the young guys need to wait behind them. That's a big plus for me,knowing when your present starter goes,next man up isn't going to hurt you(Jurgens for example) aka as 'the pipeline" I constantly jaw about,but we're seeing this at more spots now,used to be only TE's,so progress is being made and a nice post season run will help that cause if we don't blow it like after 2017. BTW I am expecting GB moves/takes  Smith-Njingba although IDK what happens with Arod they need him anyway. They have the big power WR in Watson,so I believe the kid from USC would be out for them(same type WR). I mean they are still throwing to Randall Cobb lol   

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2023/consensus-big-board-2023?pos=IOL  They have him at 88. I think they are wrong and he goes round 2

This is a great weekend for us via the draft pick watch.   The Saints on the last Bye week of the season....at 4-9.

There are 9 teams playing this week that are either 3-9, 4-8 or 5-7.   They can pick up another win on the Saints.  There are 8 games where this can happen,  only head to head game is the 5-7 Raiders vs the 3-9 Rams.  

That's 7 other games where we have a clear rooting interest...besides our game and Houston/ Dallas.   Not bad, I like having something to root for. 

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

This is a great weekend for us via the draft pick watch.   The Saints on the last Bye week of the season....at 4-9.

There are 9 teams playing this week that are either 3-9, 4-8 or 5-7.   They can pick up another win on the Saints.  There are 8 games where this can happen,  only head to head game is the 5-7 Raiders vs the 3-9 Rams.  

That's 7 other games where we have a clear rooting interest...besides our game and Houston/ Dallas.   Not bad, I like having something to root for. 

The irony would be to lose to them when we play

42 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The irony would be to lose to them when we play

Idk about that, I assume we come out to play,could be the clincher for 1 seed 

25 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Idk about that, I assume we come out to play,could be the clincher for 1 seed 

I think we win,but it wold be ironic if we didn't. That's a full game not 1/2

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I think we win,but it wold be ironic if we didn't. That's a full game not 1/2

?

53 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

?

??? Works like baseball??? Seems to me a direct win vs them would move that pick more than playing someone else

19 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Von Miller torn ACL

The Bills sure screwed up making that deal lol

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

??? Works like baseball??? Seems to me a direct win vs them would move that pick more than playing someone else

Who they lose too makes no difference.   

Right now the pick is at 5,it can drop as low as 7 if Carolina and Jax both lose.  

At this point for the pick to go higher than 5, either the Rams or Denver will have to pick up 2 games on the Saints, or the Bears will have to pick up 1.

Realistically if the Saints win another game, the pick probably can't get higher than 6.   If they lose out, we might be able to get 5, maybe 4. 

We'll see how it goes, right now we root for Cleveland,  Pitts, Jax,  Detroit,  Carolina,  AZ and Denver.    Knowing either the Rams or Raiders get a W, or even a tie there might help. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10057986-odell-beckham-jr-rumors-cowboys-didnt-offer-wr-contract-amid-injury-concerns

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Who they lose too makes no difference.   

Right now the pick is at 5,it can drop as low as 7 if Carolina and Jax both lose.  

At this point for the pick to go higher than 5, either the Rams or Denver will have to pick up 2 games on the Saints, or the Bears will have to pick up 1.

Realistically if the Saints win another game, the pick probably can't get higher than 6.   If they lose out, we might be able to get 5, maybe 4. 

We'll see how it goes, right now we root for Cleveland,  Pitts, Jax,  Detroit,  Carolina,  AZ and Denver.    Knowing either the Rams or Raiders get a W, or even a tie there might help. 

You got this all worked out LOL.; Nice job!

Archived