Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

48 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It's pretty simple math. 

The tankathon site is great. They lay out the current order with the records,  who controls the picks, the tiebreaker is there with the opponent's winning percentage, they have this week's schedule at the bottom...and if you click on each team you see their picks and their full schedule.  

A couple minutes and some easy math and it's pretty simple to see everything 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It said no " tangible " reports...  so maybe there are " intangibles " involved?

Some really strong TEs in this class. This Notre Dame kid is a no brainer. His Floor is starting NFL TE. All around type.

6’4 1/2”   265pounder

36 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It said no " tangible " reports...  so maybe there are " intangibles " involved?

Just writers trying to stay relevant. We are "tied" to about any FA

16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Some really strong TEs in this class. This Notre Dame kid is a no brainer. His Floor is starting NFL TE. All around type.

6’4 1/2”   265pounder

No we have more pressing needs

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wonder if the Niners put in a claim for Mayfield?

Time for Lance to show them why he was drafted,so far he looks awful

I like the TE from Michigan(Schoonmaker),but doubt he falls to round 7,looks more like a 3-4 pick (which we have neither of at present)

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/lists/2023-nfl-draft-jake-haener-fresno-state-highlights-film-room-video/  I'd take a UDFA flier on him. His main issue he is on the smallish side,but as a #3, maybe. IDK how Book is progressing(or if he even is progressing). I wouldn't waste a pick on him,some other team might

21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/no-trey-lance-is-not-an-option-in-the-49ers-quarterback-crisis/ar-AA14Wrkt  Oh well he is still a no go. I bet they regret this pick. 

The DA came out and stated it is clear there isn’t evidence to charge Punt God in that gang rape allegation situation. So it will strictly be stuck in civil lawsuit.

I don’t know what the truth is. But it’s really sad to me that a young man’s career can pretty much be destroyed on allegation alone. Not the America I signed up for.

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

It's pretty simple math. 

The tankathon site is great. They lay out the current order with the records,  who controls the picks, the tiebreaker is there with the opponent's winning percentage, they have this week's schedule at the bottom...and if you click on each team you see their picks and their full schedule.  

A couple minutes and some easy math and it's pretty simple to see everything 

It will become real simple math here after like three more games. I’ll weigh in much more serious at that point.

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Just writers trying to stay relevant. We are "tied" to about any FA

They know our fan base is very much involved in this season. Both our rivals been the hot presumed suitor destination for ODB. So stirring the pot is easy click bait on Eagles fans. We are paying attention anyway. But big news that Cowboys question whether ODB can even play this season. So he’s been the big hyped up story all season….for what all is looking to amount for no reason. Gotta sell them newspapers….or however they steal money from people over fake hype news click bait these days.

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Gave you a chuckle on attempt at least. It was a stretch….but a witty attempt at least.

Lance been out all year man. That’s why Jimmy G actually was playing. They got this young cat they seem to like. Think that team is so used to carrying their QB play they can easily handle this situation. Going with a third stringer from nowhere the whole team can just rally behind his limitations. They’ll give him plenty of leeway and have expectationsmeasured. So frustrations over that position actually might go down now. 

Goedert is elite. So taking a TE in the first  seems like one of the least likely scenarios. Still a bunch of good TEs in this class. So I could see adding a TE late third or fourth area potentially. Think we have to see how Calcatarra pans out here. But it’s easy to consider us going back to utilizing more multiple TE sets. Stoll the blocking TE still can be used plenty. Have Goedert rocking it. Still room for one more very good TE really. He could be worked in to playing time right away. Also gives us that backup option in case Goedert goes down again. Goedert I have to admit isn’t the most durable. But we’ve been a heavy TE usage team for years. Think we have been more 3 Wr set this year probably since the old Chipper days. 

Or take another WR and boost the 3 and 4 Wr set formations. Plenty of different options and ways to go about things.

I like the TE from Michigan(Schoonmaker),but doubt he falls to round 7,looks more like a 3-4 pick (which we have neither of at present)

I wouldn’t lock down any ideas purely based on actual draft pick possession at this point. Much can change. Not getting that fourth round pick though however(you know I had to add that in LOL)

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

After year two….almost have to. But there was seemingly universal understanding he was a super talented developmental QB. So really is everything still ahead for the young kid. Some guys ready early on in NFL career….many just aren’t. So I’d say book completely out on Lance at this point. The price they paid to acquire him was unbelievably steep though. But if he emerges as their Franchise guy going forward for the next ten years….they’ll be ecstatic.

29 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The DA came out and stated it is clear there isn’t evidence to charge Punt God in that gang rape allegation situation. So it will strictly be stuck in civil lawsuit.

Well imagine my surprise

30 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Duke Lacrosse anyone?

1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

Well imagine my surprise

The NFL should not be trumping the rule of law. IMO innocent until proven guilty. Just seems so wrong that according to NFL policy and accusations result in punishment.

1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

Duke Lacrosse anyone?

Well Duke is a school full of entitled little ****es. Nobody in their own state really even supports them. Their whole persona is their belief of being better than everybody…so they can counter their real life awkward and goofiness with money.

I’ve been a fan of Tarheels Basketball all my life. Was born in North Carolina. So I’m very biased about Dukies I’ll admit.

22 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You’re welcome to try and spin how good we utilized that fourth round pick on Quinn. I’ll listen. 

Time will tell. All investments wash out in a Superbowl win even if just a small part contributed to the win.

Archived