Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Argued with you about why I wanted to go with him over the limited vet Tartt.

I never argued about Tartt, who the hell said Tartt was my boy? I never said it,more putting words in peoples mouths to suit your agenda, which we are all used to by now.He was about the only FA around at that point,we brought him in to see if he would work and he did not,SO?????? Did I complain when we let him go?? lmao. Once again(for the 3rd time) obviously you go with the cheaper guy. Why pay someone to ride pine if you don't have to? OH, because you preferred him over someone else he is your boy??? Just because you prefer someone, you called it??? Which guy on the PS right now is going to kick arse and take a roster spot from someone else? Here is your premiere chance to find "your boy" I'm listening!!

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You have two promising looking CB and Bama S.

Notre Dame beast TE

RB Robinson

So you said there was a drop off at 6-8,then listed 8 guys plus the 2 top QB's. Thats 10 players right there. You forgot Smith- Njingba at WR. if a team needs a WR bad he could got top 10 

If Carter is there he just about has to be the pick.

The Eagles D line is pretty old.

17 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

This is a tricky draft. It's a great draft for linemen especially D line. So what do you do? Take the top DT or edge at 4-6 or do you trade that pick back to add 2-3 more picks? Do that and you can also move up from the 30 pick. Quite a bit of depth in the draft, but we really only have 4 picks(and 2-7's). So would you take say picks 4 and 30 or picks 10 and 22 and add a 4th or whatever(I did not do the math nor figure out trade partners just asking hypothetically). Nice to finally have the WR's in place where we don't need to shop for them. Teams vying for QB's can be exploited

40 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So you said there was a drop off at 6-8,then listed 8 guys plus the 2 top QB's. Thats 10 players right there. You forgot Smith- Njingba at WR. if a team needs a WR bad he could got top 10 

They had the TCU WR

Here you go

Nice call, we knew they had a crap pass defense. We avoided their strength. I figured they would try to shut him out,but they couldn't shut anyone out

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They had the TCU WR

Yeah he's "ok" IMO he is not as NFL ready, so I think he falls some

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

TE, S and RB I’m not sure we’d feel is on the same level as the other positions.

Well there is the rub,we only have 4 picks basically. I really feel we need to find Lanes replacement this year. We've seen before how we struggle when he is out,the BU's aren't near the same caliber. Was nice to see a little TE action this week after the major disaster the week before where none of them showed up

If S-N does fall out of the top 10 I would be shocked if GB didn't take him at 11

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

TE, S and RB I’m not sure we’d feel is on the same level as the other positions.

I'm not feeling a TE with a top pick.

Pick 11 would be sketchy it’s seeming from this early assessment.

But absolute studs in round 2 of the 2022 draft?

2 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

Very old

Depends whom you consider on the Dline. I’d include those OLB that mostly line up along the line of scrimmage and primarily rush. That’s Reddick, Patric and Kyron Johnson. Have Sweat peaking. Milton been in the mix from the get go. Davis we traded up to draft very high. I thought Tarron Jackson showed some stuff….thought that was a quality young backup depth rusher. Guess the D scheme made him more expendable.

Tupoilutui the backup nose guard in his second season.

Hargrave, Cox and BG are the older players. BG at the end but playing strong here. Cox showing he still had plenty in the tank. Hargrave arguably in his prime.

Joseph, Suh and Quinn I’m just not counting. One year band aid players to try and help hoist the trophy.

Knee scope is just a month. Especially if we get a Bye, he should be ready by the divisional championship at the least.

9 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

Knee scope is just a month. Especially if we get a Bye, he should be ready by the divisional championship at the least.

Feels like the move was just a bust. Hard to think we can turn to him for much again. 32 year old getting his knee scoped. Guy might never really be able to come back to the game. I’m not one to flush anybody career down drains. But his could be completely over.

So we just lost that 2023 fourth rounder

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Feels like the move was just a bust. Hard to think we can turn to him for much again. 32 year old getting his knee scoped. Guy might never really be able to come back to the game. I’m not one to flush anybody career down drains. But his could be completely over.

So we just lost that 2023 fourth rounder

Take the white pill, not the black one! lol

IDK if we get more. I'm looking at DT,edge,ROT. What say you guys?

Felt like a move for making a moves sake. Offered peanuts for McCaffrey. Think if the Panthers had to move their pass rusher instead of getting the large payday on McCafffrey we would have been players there. That was the guy. But Panthers were wise not to sell the farm. Just were forced to get retooling draft capital. They accomplished that. Giving up the very expensive RB was just what that franchise had to do. I wish I knew how high we would have pushed for that top notch young pass rusher had he actually been the option. Think that would have truely been telling. Quinn was forced. Rosie just gotta make it look like he’s doing his job to the fullest. Sometimes not making the move is the best move however. Suh and Joseph seemed like options for a long time really. Think we waited them out as long as possible. Was an obvious issue the run stopping issues. Been there all season…since Gannon has been here really. So not sure how far I’m willing to go patting Rosie on the back for grabbing those two DT and trading for the DE. Forced Quinn and gave away a 2023 fourth for no return. Pick just gone in my mind. Took the very late step fixing the huge leak with Suh and Joseph. Teams record is good and that’s getting them the least amount of game checks….so works well on those levels.

9 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

Take the white pill, not the black one! lol

Let’s not get all racist about things

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Felt like a move for making a moves sake. Offered peanuts for McCaffrey. Think if the Panthers had to move their pass rusher instead of getting the large payday on McCafffrey we would have been players there. That was the guy. But Panthers were wise not to sell the farm. Just were forced to get retooling draft capital. They accomplished that. Giving up the very expensive RB was just what that franchise had to do. I wish I knew how high we would have pushed for that top notch young pass rusher had he actually been the option. Think that would have truely been telling. Quinn was forced. Rosie just gotta make it look like he’s doing his job to the fullest. Sometimes not making the move is the best move however. Suh and Joseph seemed like options for a long time really. Think we waited them out as long as possible. Was an obvious issue the run stopping issues. Been there all season…since Gannon has been here really. So not sure how far I’m willing to go patting Rosie on the back for grabbing those two DT and trading for the DE. Forced Quinn and gave away a 2023 fourth for no return. Pick just gone in my mind. Took the very late step fixing the huge leak with Suh and Joseph. Teams record is good and that’s getting them the least amount of game checks….so works well on those levels.

Last draft and off season was really the only year we gave tools on defense to either Gannon or Schwartz. Gannon inherited a bunch of old guys and 3th string DB's(other than Slay who was basically the first move on defense). So let's cut Gannon a little slack until we get some younger guys in here. We lead the league in takeaways so it's not all that bad is it?

Archived