Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Raiders declined Josh Jacobs fifth year option. So he’s a FA to be unless they tag him. Bad choice by them on declining that option. I don’t see anybody coughing up McCaffrey type money for him. But am curious if he is an option for us. I’d consider him an upgrade over Sanders right now. So if they are near the same neighborhood in contract pricing I’d just give a bit extra and pick up Jacobs. All just unjustified talk….we all know Rosie won’t pay up at RB.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

Time will tell. All investments wash out in a Superbowl win even if just a small part contributed to the win.

He’s done nothing for us. His small contribution effected nothing I could see. Gave others a break for a snap or two a game is about it. Less than what we were getting out of Tarron Jackson even.

Fourth round pick. Paid him legit money. Got zero production. So not seeing how it can go down as anything but a loss. You’re waiting on time to tell….but I don’t see him contributing anymore this season either. So clock ran out on that player…for this season. Results are in: BUST!

They expect Geno to be tagged at like 32 mil or sign somewhere in that ballpark of that money annually.

I can’t even imagine signing Geno Smith to over 30 million. The market at QB these days. Just crazy!

So I’m extremely curious to see how things work out for Geno. I wouldn’t authorize paying him in that range. If he finishes the season on fire then I’d maybe consider the one year tag option. Drafting a top QB would be what I’d do if Seattle. Or really anybody that would be considering buying him. Really feels like whoever goes with him was the loser in every other Avenue possible at QB.

Gen I’d numbers are good though. So by stats he’s earned those figures.

No Mas we saw in 2021 we were sitting just last the elite stud level talent at ….what was it…6. So that draft class. 6 wasn’t nearly 5 or 4. Just the way the talent was available. We traded back then traded up to get Smitty.

So me feeling around pick 8 being a dropoff level potentially in 2023 draft is actually more robust class than that one was considered. 

Fourth round pick isn’t pick ten overall. Not sure why I can’t justify both feelings. Fourth round pick has its value. It’s not nearly a top ten level value, agreed. But why am I weird for not wanting to just give away a fourth round pick? Why can’t I have a separate thought about the value of this 2023 draft class? Not sure how the elite prospect dropoff appearing to be just inside the top ten has anything to do with a fourth round pick? Seems totally logical to me to lament just giving away a fourth rounder….and still feel disappointed in differences between 6 and 10 in draft order positioning. All matters to me. All factors. Completely logical thinking ….in my mind at least. All in perspective.

1998 draft first pick was Peyton Manning. Second pick was Ryan Leaf. That was a massive dropoff. That second overall pick spot did really kind of suck. Has nothing to do with whom Sam Diego chose on Day 3 that year however.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It will become real simple math here after like three more games. I’ll weigh in much more serious at that point.

Yeah...I'm not even looking to weigh in on picks or anything.. I'm just looking at which teams I want to see win each week.  Like I could care less about Seattle and Carolina...but I'd like to see Carolina win to jump up to 5 wins. 

That at least gives a little more meaning to the season instead of just waiting for playoffs and hoping to keep our guys healthy these last 5 weeks.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah...I'm not even looking to weigh in on picks or anything.. I'm just looking at which teams I want to see win each week.  Like I could care less about Seattle and Carolina...but I'd like to see Carolina win to jump up to 5 wins. 

That at least gives a little more meaning to the season instead of just waiting for playoffs and hoping to keep our guys healthy these last 5 weeks.

If that excites you….I’m fine with it. I’m really just a football fan at heart. So I crave exciting high quality finishes and games to watch. But at its essence I’m with you. I just can’t get that hard core into league wide rooting wise based on the Saints first round pick we acquired. I’ll be there with you the final two weeks for sure.

They know our fan base is very much involved in this season. Both our rivals been the hot presumed suitor destination for ODB. So stirring the pot is easy click bait on Eagles fans. We are paying attention anyway. But big news that Cowboys question whether ODB can even play this season. So he’s been the big hyped up story all season….for what all is looking to amount for no reason. Gotta sell them newspapers….or however they steal money from people over fake hype news click bait these days.

Gave you a chuckle on attempt at least. It was a stretch….but a witty attempt at least.

Agree about click bait...   

But was half serious about the intangibles.  I absolutely think they come into play with the free agents.  At this point the players aren't going to pick a team due to the slight money difference... probably not geographic reasons either... i think the intangibles come into play.  I think Howie has them as a GM ..THIS YEAR... with the feeling around the organization.  I think the record comes into play,I think the vibe from the city leftover from the Phillies run, the coach has seemed  to have it from the start.  The QB is just the best human on the planet.  So yeah I think there are some there.  

That said, I have no clue what an intangible report would be...lol

Think the thing I’m very interested in more is how the NFC playoff seeding unfolds. We get any wild card winning teams. Lowest seeded winner comes to us. So those last playoff making teams are relevant for us. But still so many possibilities to unfold still.

So too much for me to rack my brain on. I still haven’t completely accepted us as top seed yet. Feels like with three Division games still left to play…..so much still on the line with teams extremely familiar with us.

I hate the gmen

Daboll is a very good O mind. He just knows how to adjust quickly to whatever we present against him. So I’m not counting either game against the giants as a victory yet. Not counting the cowboy game as a victory either.

Goedert is elite. So taking a TE in the first  seems like one of the least likely scenarios. Still a bunch of good TEs in this class. So I could see adding a TE late third or fourth area potentially. Think we have to see how Calcatarra pans out here. But it’s easy to consider us going back to utilizing more multiple TE sets. Stoll the blocking TE still can be used plenty. Have Goedert rocking it. Still room for one more very good TE really. He could be worked in to playing time right away. Also gives us that backup option in case Goedert goes down again. Goedert I have to admit isn’t the most durable. But we’ve been a heavy TE usage team for years. Think we have been more 3 Wr set this year probably since the old Chipper days. 

Or take another WR and boost the 3 and 4 Wr set formations. Plenty of different options and ways to go about things.

Defense needs a lot of help.  Offense will need to replace some RBs...and the OL.  I think we can hold off on the WR and TE for now...backups are a luxury... the team will need to specifically draft for potential long term starters.  Goedert,Brown and Smith are locked in... I get depth helps.   But let's not Dream Team again...backups everywhere..but holes in the middle of the defense. 

Injuries and health are very much in my mind. For us to make serious noise postseason: we have to play at a high level. Just can’t coast and win. Just don’t see us at that level.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The NFL should not be trumping the rule of law. IMO innocent until proven guilty. Just seems so wrong that according to NFL policy and accusations result in punishment.

They need to overcompensate due to the actions of some of the past players.    Besides,  in today's times ... well... you can figure it out.  Need to be politically correct... good thing for this kid of he is actually not guilty... he should be back next year.

I’ve been a fan of Tarheels Basketball all my life. Was born in North Carolina. So I’m very biased about Dukies I’ll admit.

You think lol

I’ve been that guarded fan against our success as to us getting exposed. Think it happened there to result in our loss and struggle some during that time. But I still have questions about if Gannon will be ready. I still have some anxieties about how he’ll overplay not giving up the big play. That we can be beat by an accurate short  passing  game with rushing that keeps teams on schedule. Those long drives that keep our O on the sidelines cold. Where our D just gets worn out.

Raiders declined Josh Jacobs fifth year option. So he’s a FA to be unless they tag him. Bad choice by them on declining that option. I don’t see anybody coughing up McCaffrey type money for him. But am curious if he is an option for us. I’d consider him an upgrade over Sanders right now. So if they are near the same neighborhood in contract pricing I’d just give a bit extra and pick up Jacobs. All just unjustified talk….we all know Rosie won’t pay up at RB.

Probably a smart move not to be locked in the high price for one year.  They can negotiate with more leverage. 

He’s done nothing for us. His small contribution effected nothing I could see. Gave others a break for a snap or two a game is about it. Less than what we were getting out of Tarron Jackson even.

You don't know the intangibles in the locker room? 

Fourth round pick. Paid him legit money. Got zero production. So not seeing how it can go down as anything but a loss. You’re waiting on time to tell….but I don’t see him contributing anymore this season either. So clock ran out on that player…for this season. Results are in: BUST!

Bears paid most of that $$

Maddox missing has been key to problems for us. Washington clearly targeted the slot to convert so many of those third downs. Too easy for anybody. Maddox should be back from that hamstring soon. But with this game injuries will happen. So we’ll have these new challenges to answer to finish and face in the postseason.

They expect Geno to be tagged at like 32 mil or sign somewhere in that ballpark of that money annually.

I can’t even imagine signing Geno Smith to over 30 million. The market at QB these days. Just crazy!

Yeah....who was trying to tell you this years ago.  If the previous guy worked out for us, the $28 mil would be looking like a bargain.   Watch how your boy gets his $$$, but the cap hit will be half of Dak... and the ability to get out if needed will be there

Wouldn't surprise me if Geno ends up with more of a cap hit than Hurts.

Archived