Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Flexible on however we put it together.

Well then wait until the offseason and let them be flexible LOL. Sermon was also injured so IDK if thats a problem either. I doubt he still is,but maybe he is A) not transitioning well and B) has a health issue they need to work on(like Davis ankles). So IDK let them do their jobs. They will make the calls and we live with those

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SOOOOOO how did the dream team approach work out? Why would you sign a guy week 2 if you don't know if he fits or not? Because he fits elsewhere has no bearing on your team(see dream team). I'll pay the little extra to KNOW what I have

Why assume the guy would sign for that... and not bet on himself.  Everything I've see from CGJ tells me he wasn't taking any discount.   

Just now, joemas6 said:

Why assume the guy would sign for that... and not bet on himself.  Everything I've see from CGJ tells me he wasn't taking any discount.   

Are you talking to Ham? IDK that he would have taken 13 in week 2. I never brought price up

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m even open to taking a RB at 32. Would be great(knowing how you achieve pick 32 mostly though LOL) Go Eagles!

WHY??? Don't we need to replace older guys on both lines soon? Why waste a pick on a RB?

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So money spent means they are good?. How long has Scott been here? He was basically nobody. I would like to offer Sermon that same opportunity

I'm talking about Hurts since you said "contract on offense" I assumed you meant him

Scott was a sixth round pick. Was not part of any plans. Had to earn third string and roster spot. Then earned second string spot. Think they waited awhile to even sign Scott to bring him back. He had proven much more already than Sermon has. My point isn’t trying to beat the player down if you like him. I’m just stating the obvious of you don’t make any team decisions based on the fourth string RB. I hope anybody we have turns out awesome. I’m rooting for him. Does he earn third string next season? Or get cut? Toss a coin.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Scott was a sixth round pick. Was not part of any plans. Had to earn third string and roster spot. Then earned second string spot. Think they waited awhile to even sign Scott to bring him back. He had proven much more already than Sermon has. My point isn’t trying to beat the player down if you like him. I’m just stating the obvious of you don’t make any team decisions based on the fourth string RB. I hope anybody we have turns out awesome. I’m rooting for him. Does he earn third string next season? Or get cut? Toss a coin.

How long has Scott been here as opposed to Sermon? So a 6th can work his way up but a 3rd can't? As I said I have no opinion because he doesn't play in this offense and I don't go to every practice

45 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

How do you know he's a bust if he hasn't played? He's been sitting behind many RB's that make more money. He's run 2 whole plays. IDK how you can judge a guy on 2 plays. I don't think he got 1 touch in SF because they are loaded up and he was the casualty. So before I call bust, I'd like to see him play. Not a ton of 3rd round picks that start,but he's fine in the RBBC. I never called him a stud,but WHY would we make a waiver claim on a "bust"?

You just said you wanted a 3rd rounder LOL

I don’t want to 

42 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMAO no of course not,look who else they have??? And they add Caff besides. We didn't have to claim him off waivers,but we did. WHY if he is a "bust" And you know a waiver claim has to go right on the 53,so why would we have made that move?

We picked him up off waivers taking a chance. Cost us nothing but a roster spot. Being on the 53 man roster is saying something. But not dressing or getting the nod over Gainwell and Scott is saying something also. I like Scott. Good tough player. Short but thick. Still only see him as third string level player. Gainwell was given every opportunity and kind of blew it. Stated how he has picked things up lately. I wouldn’t make any team decisions based on those two either. Scott say out there a FA for a long time. If anybody wanted him he was gone. So if I’m not basing any decisions on the second string I’m surely not considering the fourth stringer behind him. Don’t want to bash this point into the ground. Technically so far he’s a bust. Hopeful he becomes All Pro. My plans only have him fighting to make the roster in 2023 though. You see what I’m saying? How can you base any real team decisions on a guy that hasn’t done anything in his career and isn’t even dressing on gamedays? Hope he works out. Has zero effect on my plans if wanting two RB tandem put in place. Ward at WR proved he could play. Got injured and we cut him. Brought him back eventually. But that’s a guy that has even proven he’s reliable and can do it. Anyway the fact he’s kept a coveted 53 roster spot says they like him. 

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Sure,just seems to me he'd play some snaps now and then,but he hasn't. Only 2 plays in 1 game the whole year. Strange you boot someone off the 53 then don't let them play at all. I mean he could take some relief snaps now and then,so I find this a bit weird

Just can’t dress tons of non ST guys that are fourth string. Don’t even get 53 on Gameday. So garbage time only snaps isn’t a key decision maker for who dresses. 

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SOOOOOO how did the dream team approach work out? Why would you sign a guy week 2 if you don't know if he fits or not? Because he fits elsewhere has no bearing on your team(see dream team). I'll pay the little extra to KNOW what I have

Going to have to now. My point was even not having much time to even learn the playbook he started and was looking good week one. That’s a fit if there ever was one. How much time did he have in our playbook and scheme? He looked legit week one. Can’t find a better fit than that. Maybe I see things different than most…but it was just that clearly obvious he was going to be great. Doesn’t take a crystal ball to foresee a guy only here a week already playing well was going to skyrocket improve after actually learning the playbook, scheme and coaching. Anyway what I saw…not hindsight…said it then. Thought it obvious…maybe it wasn’t to everybody else(guess sometimes I never know if everybody sees things like I do…so me assuming it’s obvious isn’t always the consensus opinion). Whatever , is what it is. Think we lost him because of that nondecision. We’ll see. No question it will cost more. 5 year/105 mil?

26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well then wait until the offseason and let them be flexible LOL. Sermon was also injured so IDK if thats a problem either. I doubt he still is,but maybe he is A) not transitioning well and B) has a health issue they need to work on(like Davis ankles). So IDK let them do their jobs. They will make the calls and we live with those

Rosie makes the calls. But we voice our opinions. I’m just not a sit back and not have an opinion person. I’m just way too involved in football for that. But my opinion carry no weight with the team…sadly true…would love the job though…wouldn’t you?

32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Dream Team wasn’t about extending great players that showed a fit.

28 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Are you talking to Ham? IDK that he would have taken 13 in week 2. I never brought price up

We know he forced the trade because he wouldn’t take slot money. So my educated guess was they offered him around 8 mil. 13 mil is quite a jump up from 8. That’s obviously a 5 mil per season upgrade betting on himself to get here. I’m sure he believes in himself. But from an agent perspective you don’t bank on being the richest player at your position in his standing league wide. We know he would let take slot money for sure…I’m calling that 8. I think the Cincy S that’s All Pro becoming a FA can be expecting top S money. Don’t know what offers he declined from Cincy. But a huge gap between an All Pro already player looking for the highest paid player at his position and where Ceedy Deuce was at. We’ll never really know. But feel I’m making a fairly educated guess on the situation. It’s a given it’s all speculation on my part. Only thing we know for sure is he’s more expensive now than he was earlier in the season. The gap? You’ve heard my guess. Think it’s the difference in whether we kept him or not which is the huge situation.

45 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

WHY??? Don't we need to replace older guys on both lines soon? Why waste a pick on a RB?

I’m not real high on taking a RB super early. But at 32 I’d consider it. It’s an obvious need. Top ten? No way! But have to consider that RB outstanding!

We’ve always prioritized the trenches. The biggest mofos run the show. Wouldn’t invest much in RB, LB and S. I’m not completely sold on completely ignoring based on position. RB isn’t as valuable. I acknowledge that. RBs aren’t valued league wide as much. So they slide down. So you’d think you actually have a higher percentage of making a good call on that player working out. You know, the second rated player at his position versus the 12th rated Dline or Oline. I don’t know? Just spit balling. But it was an easy opportunity to calm us SB champs by assuming pick 32. So that’s part is far from completed. But 32 isn’t top ten. Don’t really have a RB in mind that I’d take there. But if we let Sanders go…we need a starter. Obviously you want the best you can get. But the plan being out starter is a fifth round pick rookie or Scott for the season is far from ideal. We’d be the weakest at RB league wide. Early in the season relying on any rookie is sketchy. We need a starter. So pick 32 RB would have major impact right off the bat. Not a terrible idea…if we get a guy worth it. Just easily see us punishing and dominating rushing the ball. So I want to abuse opponents with that. Scott can do a solid job if that’s all you’re looking for. I want to take our team strength and really capitalize on that. Runblocking Oline. You want 8 or 12 yards off that big hole opportunity they provide at times? Or I’m thinking give me a weapon that can take it to the house. I’m greedy I want two playmakers I can use in the backfield. A reliable season strength. Playmaker or decent? We all decided we aren’t paying Zeke salary level for it. 

I only know of Robinson the consensus stud RB this draft and the Bama RB. So not basing this speculation on any exact player. But could see Robinson just destroying people having a massive effect every week. Not taking Robinson with the Saints pick…so don’t get confused and go there. But I want closer to Robinson than Scott I guess is my point. Two would be ideal. Crush people with the playmaking tandem. Reliably have the playmaker back there though if one goes down. So I’m higher on RB this year than usual. Kind of like I was about Sanders. We needed to invest and hit.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We could wait until after next season to make a decision on Hurts. You feel the same about everybody? Not sure how at this point you can even question to keep Ceedy Deuce. He is more of a corner sized player is his knock. More playmaker intercepting….but hit Watson with his shoulder and busted his kidney. He’s played phenomenal for us. No brainer ….you want to keep him. All about can you afford to keep him now.

How long has Scott been here as opposed to Sermon? So a 6th can work his way up but a 3rd can't? As I said I have no opinion because he doesn't play in this offense and I don't go to every practice

I’ll leave this alone. I keep saying over and over I’m not trying to say he can’t do anything. Hoping he works out. But team planning wise….he’s no higher than the three undrafted FA I can bring in after next draft. I keep over and over trying to explain I’m not putting any cap on him as a player. Maybe he can do whatever. But if our 2023 team plan is banking on Sermon to deliver at RB that’s as shaky as it gets. It’s gross negligence of the RB room. Like if they don’t bring back Scott or Sanders. It’s Gainwell , Sermon and the winner of undrafted TC battle…expect to hear no end to my ****ing. Put us in that situation at any position group as the season plan would be fireable offense. That’s worse than our S plan coming into this season….which was negligent at best. So obviously undermanned a trade was essential and unavoidable. Still went in light at S this year even after that last second trade. Got bailed out big time Ceedy came here. Thinking about if he went elsewhere or wasn’t even a trade option I just can’t imagine what would have happened. Wouldn’t have only one loss is how strongly I feel about it.

Just throwing it out there.  Too many assumptions.   It's why draft is crucial,  it's the only thing the team controls.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t want to 

We picked him up off waivers taking a chance. Cost us nothing but a roster spot. Being on the 53 man roster is saying something. But not dressing or getting the nod over Gainwell and Scott is saying something also. I like Scott. Good tough player. Short but thick. Still only see him as third string level player. Gainwell was given every opportunity and kind of blew it. Stated how he has picked things up lately. I wouldn’t make any team decisions based on those two either. Scott say out there a FA for a long time. If anybody wanted him he was gone. So if I’m not basing any decisions on the second string I’m surely not considering the fourth stringer behind him. Don’t want to bash this point into the ground. Technically so far he’s a bust. Hopeful he becomes All Pro. My plans only have him fighting to make the roster in 2023 though. You see what I’m saying? How can you base any real team decisions on a guy that hasn’t done anything in his career and isn’t even dressing on gamedays? Hope he works out. Has zero effect on my plans if wanting two RB tandem put in place. Ward at WR proved he could play. Got injured and we cut him. Brought him back eventually. But that’s a guy that has even proven he’s reliable and can do it. Anyway the fact he’s kept a coveted 53 roster spot says they like him. 

What did opportunity did Gainwell mess up?   He is a back up in a committee.  He doesn't take a bulk of carries,  he is on the field on plenty of key downs though. Idk that any of that has changed?  

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Going to have to now. My point was even not having much time to even learn the playbook he started and was looking good week one. That’s a fit if there ever was one. How much time did he have in our playbook and scheme? He looked legit week one. Can’t find a better fit than that. Maybe I see things different than most…but it was just that clearly obvious he was going to be great. Doesn’t take a crystal ball to foresee a guy only here a week already playing well was going to skyrocket improve after actually learning the playbook, scheme and coaching. Anyway what I saw…not hindsight…said it then. Thought it obvious…maybe it wasn’t to everybody else(guess sometimes I never know if everybody sees things like I do…so me assuming it’s obvious isn’t always the consensus opinion). Whatever , is what it is. Think we lost him because of that nondecision. We’ll see. No question it will cost more. 5 year/105 mil?

And why would the price have been different week 1 or 2?    You assume the player wasn't going to bet on himself?    Big assumption.  

Giants. Oh the Giants. Eagles have not played their best football vs the giants lately. Let’s freaking go!

In this divisional clash I want to see this right off. Score on our first possession and prevent one from theirs. get them to play "Eagles ball" where we control the tempo

Just how I had it scripted 😁. Calcaterra looks like he is "getting it" Excellent execution by Hurts. Accurate, and spreading the ball around. First things I wanted to see happened. Take those suck Nitgnats fans OUT of the game

Four drops already also. Plus the low throw by Hurts that still hit Brown in the hands. I thought Sanders made the long catch on the sideline and shouldn’t have been ruled a drop.

Archived