Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Oh back to bashing again I see. Did you bother to read this kids life story???? I'm sure you have NOT. So STHU until you do, then bash him if you are that brazenly cruel. I'm done pissing around this same subject because you refuse to understand WHY he is 25 fool.Keep up the bash attack on a kid you know NOTHING about. You should he totally THRILLED he is OUT of the Heisman race(because he got hurt in the SC game and STILL came in 5th in the voting). I bet that does your heart good. Now you can gloat!!! You can't STAND that I picked him out from nowhere and he rose to where he is. Done speaking to you for awhile until you get some respect back. Let me know when/if that happens

You know that’s fair. Other than my knowledge of the player. Very familiar with him actually. That part you totally misread. You have earned your props on foreseeing him rise. So well done on that sir. I don’t hate the man. I feel for him going down like that. Really stinks actually. I just can’t see him succeeding at the next level was my main bash on him. But regardless, you’re right. No need for me to take a crap to make my point. My point was not about him…just about Hurts youth. I should have just stayed in that lane. So I’ll straight apologize for that uneeded dick comment.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hooker attended James B. Dudley High Schoolin Greensboro, North Carolina. During his high school career he passed for 6,027 yards with 55 touchdowns and rushed for 2,975 yards and 48 touchdowns. He finished his career there as Dudley's all-time passing leader and received NC Preps' All-State Player of the Year and was named to the Associated Press All-State team twice. 

Throw you this little nugget. He wasn’t some nobody. He was the best player in the state of NC. 

Not sure FL if you knew all this about him. He was considered elite level college recruit. Not like some guy never given a chance. But he was practically written off as a bust and underachiever. So good for him he turned that label around and succeeded. Which I think he absolutely changed the narrative of his playing career story. That injury can’t effect that.

Nice article on Gainwell maybe proving my thoughts on him wrong. Interesting how he seemed to pick up production from the TE going down to injury. I’m not ready to completely back the kid. But he has shown me some things to open my eyes of possibly underestimating him.

Whenever the Eagles are interested in bringing in an outside player, they create cohabitation reports to learn from players and coaches who have spent time with that player before.

25 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You know that’s fair. Other than my knowledge of the player. Very familiar with him actually. That part you totally misread. You have earned your props on foreseeing him rise. So well done on that sir. I don’t hate the man. I feel for him going down like that. Really stinks actually. I just can’t see him succeeding at the next level was my main bash on him. But regardless, you’re right. No need for me to take a crap to make my point. My point was not about him…just about Hurts youth. I should have just stayed in that lane. So I’ll straight apologize for that uneeded dick comment.

Thank you,now on to other things

Thiught this interesting note. I’ve understood it being done. Do believe it’s a important part of choosing players. But never had the simple name for it before…. Cohabitation Report.

Because of our loss to Wash dallas owns the tiebreaker if they beat us and pick up that other game their behind. So I’m just not on the train of thought we got everything locked up. Two losses and we could be a wild card playing on the road all playoffs. How disappointing and crazy that outcome would be. All momentum would be sunk. Just way to possible also. Number one seed dominating like we have….to fall to wild card at the end.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Because of our loss to Wash dallas owns the tiebreaker if they beat us and pick up that other game their behind. So I’m just not on the train of thought we got everything locked up. Two losses and we could be a wild card playing on the road all playoffs. How disappointing and crazy that outcome would be. All momentum would be sunk. Just way to possible also. Number one seed dominating like we have….to fall to wild card at the end.

You're right. But c'mon man…glass half full mentality needed…one week at a time lol

59 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Curious, what could happen for you not to sign Hurts as the Franchise guy this offseason? You know from the team’s point of view. There is a risk…but players perspective no need to sign anything. Money only rising. Getting tagged is all guaranteed money. Short of breaking a spine or something that drastic I believe he’s already got tons of money lined up. Believe the bank account only grows larger with waiting. Kirk Cousins, Dak and Deshaun Watson easy examples of the unbelievable windfall awaiting holding out. 

I really don't see him doing a 180 and becoming terrible. Of course we said that about Wentz and the Raiders thought that about Carr. And the Broncos went BIG thinking Wilson was good.We know 1 injury can change a QB's entire dynamic. So for me alot has to do with gelling with the team. Hurts has the teams confidence and he showed tons of improvement from last season. So,in my humble opinion we sign him. I still have the expectation of winning some playoff games,which he has not done yet,but the additiion of AJ is far better for him that Reagor last year. We can't re-sign him until the season is over anyway, but I see nothing standing in the way of doing it. The defensive additions have also given him more chances on the field due to the big big + turnover ratio. I think Hurts will continue to work and get better. I don't believe he has reached his ceiling yet. So for me he would be the guy to rely on. I questioned why we drafted him. I wasn't alone. The timing was rather weird because basically that undermined Wentz,the guy we gave up alot to get. So how much is he worth? I think Hurts would be happy to stay in Philly. His best friend is here and he is a fan fave. I would thinnk any reasonable offer would suit him. I don;t believe he would hold out for top dollar,but a reasonable deal would suit both sides. 

51 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hooker attended James B. Dudley High Schoolin Greensboro, North Carolina. During his high school career he passed for 6,027 yards with 55 touchdowns and rushed for 2,975 yards and 48 touchdowns. He finished his career there as Dudley's all-time passing leader and received NC Preps' All-State Player of the Year and was named to the Associated Press All-State team twice. 

Throw you this little nugget. He wasn’t some nobody. He was the best player in the state of NC. 

He also nearly died from a heart condition.That kind of postpones other things you have going,such as your college education,thus he lost alot of time. He wasn't even supposed to be able to play ever again. I commend him for staying in school despite his age and understanding his heart condition could stop him from making a living in football. He made sure there would be life after football even if that was cut short. He earned my respect

27 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Nice article on Gainwell maybe proving my thoughts on him wrong. Interesting how he seemed to pick up production from the TE going down to injury. I’m not ready to completely back the kid. But he has shown me some things to open my eyes of possibly underestimating him.

Sermon was not terrible at OSU. Is he a stud? No. But studs are not needed in the RBBC. I think we got him here as a back stop in case Sanders or Scott won't re-sign. I admit it's been some time since I have seen him play,but we went out and got him for a reason. Can he take Sanders place? hard to know since I haven't seen him in awhile,but it's a possibility. If push came to shove,I suppose him along with Gains and another RB FA addition could pull the weight.Of course he could bust too,but I don't see that either

24 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Whenever the Eagles are interested in bringing in an outside player, they create cohabitation reports to learn from players and coaches who have spent time with that player before.

aka character screening.it's a GOOD thing

17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I believe we clinch a playoff spot with a win this week(or some other variables). A win this week will make it very tough to take the division from us

17 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

You're right. But c'mon man…glass half full mentality needed…one week at a time lol

You know I’ve been positive more than negative. But everything going so well right now. Feels like the best season our team has ever had. It’s glorious! So of coarse I’m leery of any pitfalls. But Maddox coming back is huge. Been our biggest hole the slot. We’ve had run stopping issues. Tackling issues. But without question our opponents go to the well in the slot allowing them to convert third downs since he hurt that hamstring. Not sure he’s hardly even a known player to other fans. He’s not a lock down guy. But he’s scrappy and makes things reliably difficult. Versatility has shined. Rumors seem to expect Goedert back soon also. Him I wasn’t sure if he’d be out longer than the four week minimum of IR. So loving that positive news…even if it takes an extra week. Just got Davis back. Things really looking fantastic!

Calcaterra also played with Hurts. This is not coincidence. Now if you are getting all these guys around him he knows,I would think the intention is to sign him. I would suspect we also sign Sermon to some type deal unless he really stinks

20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I really don't see him doing a 180 and becoming terrible. Of course we said that about Wentz and the Raiders thought that about Carr. And the Broncos went BIG thinking Wilson was good.We know 1 injury can change a QB's entire dynamic. So for me alot has to do with gelling with the team. Hurts has the teams confidence and hem showed tons of improvement from last season. So,in my humble opinion we sign him. I still have the expectation of winning some playoff games,which he has not done yet,but the additiion of AJ is far better for him that Reagor last year. We can't re-sign him until the season is over anyway, but I see nothing standing in the way of doing it. The defensive additions have also given him more chances on the field due to the big big + turnover ratio. I think Hurts will continue to work and get better. I don't believe he has reached his ceiling yet. So for me he would be the guy to rely on. I questioned why we drafted him. I wasn't alone. The timing was rather weird because basically that undermined Wentz,the guy we gave up alot to get. So how much is he worth? I think Hurts would be happy to stay in Philly. His best friend is here and he is a fan fave. I would thinnk any reasonable offer would suit him. I don;t believe he would hold out for top dollar,but a reasonable deal would suit both sides. 

I hope you’re right on the contract process being fairly easily agreed upon. I don’t see anything swaying signing him from a team perspective at this point. I too want to see him achieve postseason glory. But even a bad first game one and done performance I don’t think stops the signing…from a team perspective. Still it’s a complicated megacontract…so tons of details to iron out. I have to admit personally if I was in his shoes I’d likely be in no rush to sign. Don’t see many ways he loses money by betting on making more by waiting. Not only do I see no way at this point we don’t want to sign him. I can’t see many outcome versions where he couldn’t just wait. Get tagged once or even twice and then make much more. Just admitting financially the best move would be not to sign. But not going negative like TD advised.

28 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He also nearly died from a heart condition.That kind of postpones other things you have going,such as your college education,thus he lost alot of time. He wasn't even supposed to be able to play ever again. I commend him for staying in school despite his age and understanding his heart condition could stop him from making a living in football. He made sure there would be life after football even if that was cut short. He earned my respect

I think he accomplished what he needed playing the game also. Just no way he would have been satisfied with that before this season. Took his legacy to a whole other level. Don’t think him getting injured tarnished that part at all.

28 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Sermon was not terrible at OSU. Is he a stud? No. But studs are not needed in the RBBC. I think we got him here as a back stop in case Sanders or Scott won't re-sign. I admit it's been some time since I have seen him play,but we went out and got him for a reason. Can he take Sanders place? hard to know since I haven't seen him in awhile,but it's a possibility. If push came to shove,I suppose him along with Gains and another RB FA addition could pull the weight.Of course he could bust too,but I don't see that either

Taking Sanders place is a huge leap. Dressing on gamedays would be nice start for him. Can’t down him but so much with him just not getting any chances. Some guys just need that opportunity. I could see Sermon going either way really. I can’t even envision becoming the bell cow starter for him right now though. But could see him having his niche roll.

18 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I hope you’re right on the contract process being fairly easily agreed upon. I don’t see anything swaying signing him from a team perspective at this point. I too want to see him achieve postseason glory. But even a bad first game one and done performance I don’t think stops the signing…from a team perspective. Still it’s a complicated megacontract…so tons of details to iron out. I have to admit personally if I was in his shoes I’d likely be in no rush to sign. Don’t see many ways he loses money by betting on making more by waiting. Not only do I see no way at this point we don’t want to sign him. I can’t see many outcome versions where he couldn’t just wait. Get tagged once or even twice and then make much more. Just admitting financially the best move would be not to sign. But not going negative like TD advised.

I could possibly disagree on this point. If he goes somewhere else, where would that be? And remember we still have him another year if he won't sign,we can hold him to that. That gives us a year to get another QB. So what would you do? Any in need team that has the offensive assets we do?. First you need a full blown excellent offense,secondly you have to be a team that gives up on their QB. IDK who qualifies for that? You could argue the Raiders maybe? Rams? Would Hurts leave all his friends for a few dollars more? I don't see it. I'm not tagging him if it's me. It shouldn't have to come to that. Either he likes it here or he doesn't and Howie has many options. I'm sure we won't try ripping him off and I don't see him making huge demands for top dollar.

Archived