Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

In my defense let's face the fact Howie SUCKS at DB drafting(or has). With only 4 picks(at this time) and understanding Howie,would it not make sense to lock in the S at age 24 for long term and deal with other spots? It's not like he is 32 right now. Thats a spot you can check the box off on(plus BU's). Why would he not do it if it was feasible?

Yes.  The 24 year old safety to me is the one they look to lock up.   Not Bradberry.  

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Although it's hard to find good CB's I believe it's even harder to find a top notch S,so I would put my best offer on the table and try. GoIng deep in the playoffs would be another reason to stay. May not happen,but Id' sure try my best. I understand he was traded and had no choice,but you also know players refuse to play at places they don't want to play at. So IDK. He seems to enjoy playing here and "auditioning". A nice deep run into the playoffs would make him think about staying on I would think 

Yes... lock up the safety.  The 24 year old.  

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK SB rings make you want another one LOL

Or you could have the logic of I got my ring so now I can go for the money. Many different players attitudes. I’m just pointing out CGJ and Bradbury are pretty much just straight up about expecting to get big paydays. The good part is they like it here. So if we dig deep they will stay at least. But I just don’t know. To me, Edwards has to come first. Just the way to go about things. He was undrafted making peanuts. Contributing massively to our team. Gave him like 2 mil this season. The locker room….heck the whole league notices this stuff. Edwards earned his payday bleeding for us….leading our D. He needs to be first guy taken care of.

17 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So if you need to see players leave choose this 1)You can keep the secondary intact and pay them 2) you can pay a RB and maybe 1 of them. So what would you do?

Edwards first. I know you didn’t include Lb. Considering keeping the guys that haven’t made money much yet but earned it playing here. So thinking Epps and Sanders. White is really in the mix. He’s been the starter all season. But he’s tougher to judge on league perception. So comes down to market always. White I’m not going crazy to keep. Affordable contract I’d pay. All these guys fit under the four year contract window. Gotta remember can almost only sign those guys. Money has been spent. QB is without question the real first signing. But we can only pay for 2023 and 2024 play with 2026 money. So gotta got all the criteria. Bradbury going to get mega money I’d predict. CGJ going to get mega money. Love to keep those guys…but are they worth that? And can we afford that? So I’m looking at keeping starting players that are home grown and cheaper. Edwards the exception. He’s going to get paid. But at his position that should be cheaper than Bradbury and CGJ by a good amount.

Cox is still playing really well this year. Hargrave also. It sure would be nice to be able to keep one of them. But like the one poster doesn’t believe we have to do and only Dallas does…we gotta let some good players walk. Not all bad though…get good comp picks in return. Seumalo probably walks also. Opeta…they pushed him back kind of strangely the last couple games. Turned to Dillard at LG in relief. Think it’s just a Gameday roster decision thing. Can’t dress everybody so need that backup LT. Especially with him showing LG ability now. Driscoll back up the RG and RT. So think it’s just a numbers game. Dressing the T/ G combo backup guys instead of the strictly G option…though Opeta has proven he can play both Left and Right. Assume he’s real cheap to keep though. So that means definitely keep. Consider him starter level myself. 

19 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK define "improve" Spending more money doesn't mean you improved. That would be true if you relied on your RB as a 3 down workhorse,but that is not how we play. We shouldn't overpay at this position. I would rather save the loot for a position we really are in need of. Besides I don't wish to have a "stud" because once you base your offense on him when he goes down you are DONE. I would rather have plug and play at RB.it's more consistent

I want to stack that room with two top guys. Maybe not Henry level. But Sanders and a 3rd rounder maybe. Two backs to keep the pressure on big time. No question we can dominate running the ball on people. Then one goes down you need another option also. Not paying over ten mil at the position or anything though. But just seems real easy to see two very quality guys giving the offense a boost. Can’t just can’t see how anybody wouldn’t want this…other than conserving the investment part. We could go with just below average committee approach and win other ways. But it’s a fairly high percentage cheap place to invest in playmakers. Doesn’t have to be Sanders. But just looking at that level player that won’t cost ten mil. 

What other known starting level player you getting cheaper than RB? Feel RB is a higher percentage hit on a successful guy a round later than most other positions.

19 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I keep saying I would like to see all 3 DB's re-signed. They are 31,29 and 24. That would free up alot of issues we always have there. Epps and Blank are keepers,but this is the first time I can recall we've had the trifecta in the secondary. I would love to keep that intact. I would rather spend there than at RB

Bradbury and CGJ I’d figure to be around 37 mil combined to keep annually. Be great to keep them…but can we afford too. I know that one poster on here thinks Rosie can keep everybody unlike the Cowboys. But I’m basing it more on reality. We have too many pending FA good players. Too much money already spent. Got the megacontract being signed this offseason. So where you find all that money? You obviously aren’t keeping the leader of our D Edwards. That would be a tough loss. Plus a tough sell for players. It’s a business and all but that gives Rosie the rep that it doesn’t matter if you bleed and lead for this team. He’ll pay outsiders first. Just feels messed up.

17 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

You're telling me you can't judge good players on bad teams.yes you CAN, thats what we pay people to DO. You can also do the opposite,spot bad players on good teams that are reigning in progress like Reagor. We gave him chances to succeed,but I knew he was a 1 trick pony and Howie went for the shiny object he was desperate to get without looking at anything else. Now he has(apparently) learned and now understand more all the factors that go into an NFL caliber WR-good for him. Now lets get him into DB's since he has TE and now WR pretty much down. Remember this journey startd with the MS 2 pick and we were embarrassed and Howies ego would not allow that again. SO he did the work went with scouts to see what they are looking for and what they would present to him if he wasn't there. Now he trusts them and can move on the TE and he mastered that fairly fast. WR didn;t take too long. He got lucky with Quez and screwed up with Reagor. These upper echelon officers do NOT like to look bad in front of their peers. He was with MS2,but since then? Much better at picking linemen. Always been great at finding TE's and after the Alshon Djax debacle,he cleaned that up to Smith solid great pick. AJ a superb steal,Quez in year 3 Alll 3 together make a formidable corps. RB we really have had no issues with over the years,so they got that right. Howie then brought in the trifecta to show him why we needed better players there and it certainly made a difference. He is picking off positions 1 at a time and learning what is required. Linemen knowledge-check RB knowledge-check TE knowledge check,now WR knowledge check. Next stop DB's., then LB's. After that is done he can pretty much pick any positions and feel good about the picks he is making. The way you will know if he knows is when he starts taking these guys earl;y because he hasn't had the confidence to do it before. So it;s just a matter of time before we hear we took a S,CB or LB in round 1. It will come when he can feel good about the pick he is making. Until then you will see him shy away from them. I'm looking at our last round 1 pick and thinking this is a great place for Howie to take a risk,break the jynx and having the confidence to take a DB with our 2nd pick in round 1. Maybe it takes another year,but it's coming

Not what I was saying like you quoted me explaining. I’m not saying anything against your point. My point was just more the goal isn’t how good a guy can be on a crap team. The goal has to be how good he can be on a good team. Can this player be a part of a SB winning roster. Best way to put it. Not looking for some player that can go off script and wing plays well as much as need guys that can kick butt in his role. But most of all need him to be clutch. Your point is correct. But your judging that bad team player based on what you foresee him doing on a good team. Slight very important difference….but that’s my whole point.

20 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Basically he makes 1.55 mil a year now. If you hold out you make 1.55 mil next year(last year of rook contract). You sign for 45.5 mi, a year now. That is a 40 million dollar difference.. So you wait,then go to another team. That would require the new team to pay him 11.4 million a year MORE to make that up  or a contract that pays 56 million a year to make the same money. Plus you'd be going to a team with probably less assets

He’s signing an extension technically. That’s the flaw in your math. He’s under contract next year already. Matters for his bank account though. He gets that signing bonus money right away.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He’s signing an extension technically. That’s the flaw in your math. He’s under contract next year already. Matters for his bank account though. He gets that signing bonus money right away.

Yes...he gets money right away....doesn't matter if it's bonus or salary.  

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So maybe that is here? Who knows. I sure don't. Noone does until the season is over and planning begins

Exactly what Bradbury and CGJ have stated. Bradbury especially feels slighted. He’s known he’s a top CB. So getting cut by G-men clearly ticked him off. He believes he signed with us super cheap. 7.25 mil. He’s going to double that. And with a four year contract. Huge difference in affordability. He’s given that vibe that he’s been slighted and was just on a prove it contract. He surely has proven it. So he’s cashing in again. CGJ was traded because they wanted to pay him top slot CB money. He refused demanding top S money instead. 8 mil ballpark he was offered. 20 mil is S pay. Bradbury last big payday. CGJ first big payday.

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So CJG officially changed his name to Ceedee Duce. So why is he not listed as such(his jersey doesn't say that either) Seems pointless

I can’t tell anyone else what to do. At least he didn’t go the Prince route and just become a symbol. Really stand out on a jersey though. He’s supposedly a fairly decent rapper also. About to have tons of money…he could likely start his own label. Or at least buy some super studs to collaborate with him.

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

In my defense let's face the fact Howie SUCKS at DB drafting(or has). With only 4 picks(at this time) and understanding Howie,would it not make sense to lock in the S at age 24 for long term and deal with other spots? It's not like he is 32 right now. Thats a spot you can check the box off on(plus BU's). Why would he not do it if it was feasible?

Gotta consider it. The reason is clearly just money. Gotta pay him top S money. 20 mil per. Obviously tough to squeeze in. Because we all expect the mega contract coming on offense as first priority. Think you gotta choose between him and Edwards pretty much. Edwards homegrown and leads our D. I also expect Edwards will be much cheaper. Not cheap…but much less that 20 mil.

27 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I want to stack that room with two top guys. Maybe not Henry level. But Sanders and a 3rd rounder maybe. Two backs to keep the pressure on big time. No question we can dominate running the ball on people. Then one goes down you need another option also. Not paying over ten mil at the position or anything though. But just seems real easy to see two very quality guys giving the offense a boost. Can’t just can’t see how anybody wouldn’t want this…other than conserving the investment part. We could go with just below average committee approach and win other ways. But it’s a fairly high percentage cheap place to invest in playmakers. Doesn’t have to be Sanders. But just looking at that level player that won’t cost ten mil. 

IDK why you are hell bent on spending draft capital on a RB. As i said Sermon was a 3rd round draft pick. We got him due to SF being overloaded at RB. Only 2 guy gets the ball at a time. Basically Sermon is that 3rd round pick,we already have him!!! And at 1.5 mil a year

29 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

with two top guys.

What is a "top guy"?? Guys you want to waste money on?

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Although it's hard to find good CB's I believe it's even harder to find a top notch S,so I would put my best offer on the table and try. GoIng deep in the playoffs would be another reason to stay. May not happen,but Id' sure try my best. I understand he was traded and had no choice,but you also know players refuse to play at places they don't want to play at. So IDK. He seems to enjoy playing here and "auditioning". A nice deep run into the playoffs would make him think about staying on I would think 

Both guys said they like it here. So if we pay up I think we keep them. But I’ve been seeing plenty of S possibly lies to add each offseason. Much more than CB. Several good S on the FA market every season. I’ve also noticed a larger influx of S through the draft. Been picking out Juan Thornhill that starts for KC. Winfield in Tampa. Four or five very good options this last draft. CB however….they have been the hit trade up options. Noticed how those top two guys really getting picked high. If you have a S and CB at pick 12…rated the same…I clearly think you run for the Corner.

30 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What other known starting level player you getting cheaper than RB?

Right pick up a hungry FA if Sanders wants too much. With only 4 picks not wasting one on a RB when we have lot more pressing needs

18 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We can redo his contract after this year ends,can't do it NOW but we CAN in the off season,we don't need to ride out the last year if we don't want to

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Gotta consider it. The reason is clearly just money. Gotta pay him top S money. 20 mil per. Obviously tough to squeeze in. Because we all expect the mega contract coming on offense as first priority. Think you gotta choose between him and Edwards pretty much. Edwards homegrown and leads our D. I also expect Edwards will be much cheaper. Not cheap…but much less that 20 mil.

Why it's DUMB to pay out 8 mil for a RB,I would rather use that to pay the 18-20. Saving 8 mil on a RB you are 1/2 way to paying him

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Both guys said they like it here. So if we pay up I think we keep them. But I’ve been seeing plenty of S possibly lies to add each offseason. Much more than CB. Several good S on the FA market every season. I’ve also noticed a larger influx of S through the draft. Been picking out Juan Thornhill that starts for KC. Winfield in Tampa. Four or five very good options this last draft. CB however….they have been the hit trade up options. Noticed how those top two guys really getting picked high. If you have a S and CB at pick 12…rated the same…I clearly think you run for the Corner.

No clue depends on the talent level and fit who goes higher on our board.2 guys can't be rated the same,you have to make a choice,your choice is the higher rated one(even if it's gut instinct)

So before we go running amok putting every possibility under sun up here let's see who we can sign for what. That will clear up the creek

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK why you are hell bent on spending draft capital on a RB. As i said Sermon was a 3rd round draft pick. We got him due to SF being overloaded at RB. Only 2 guy gets the ball at a time. Basically Sermon is that 3rd round pick,we already have him!!! And at 1.5 mil a year

Sermon isn’t even dressing. He’s behind Scott and Gainwell. Both I’d consider third stringers, talent wise. Maybe the coaches wrong and he’s better than them. But he was a bust of a third round pick. RB I have higher expectations for basically a round later than most others…because they aren’t valued as much league wide. So when I say third round pick…I’m thinking of a guy that clearly sits above Scott and Gainwell on the depth chart. Not totally writing off Sermon. But he couldn’t make third string in Santa Clara. Can’t make third string here. That has to say something. To me it says I’m not basing any plans on a fourth stringer. Give him a TC shot to earn a roster spot. But not really part of any real team plan. I think you can find serviceable RB on PS. So I’m not convinced Sermon is above PS level. So just not remotely what I’m speaking of. If you want to neglect the position…count on him to play a huge role….but then I believe that puts you in a position to rely mostly elsewhere and not getting playmaking from your RB room. Chubb and Hunt. Zeke and Pollard. I’m thinking a bit more like that. You know…without Zeke salary. I’m even suggesting Slightly less. Sanders and a third rounder. Hoping the third rounder becomes a stud though. Maybe even higher draft pick. But I’m leaning towards two playmaking backfield than third stringer committee.

15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Doesn’t have to be a draft pick. Just want two starter level playmaking options. Tons of ways to get that. I’ll take any options.

15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

What is a "top guy"?? Guys you want to waste money on?

Not Zeke level money. But playmaking starter weapons. RBs are cheap position comparatively.

Archived