Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

13 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We can redo his contract after this year ends,can't do it NOW but we CAN in the off season,we don't need to ride out the last year if we don't want to

That deal already done. That’s why it’s called an Extension.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But he was a bust of a third round pick.

How do you know he's a bust if he hasn't played? He's been sitting behind many RB's that make more money. He's run 2 whole plays. IDK how you can judge a guy on 2 plays. I don't think he got 1 touch in SF because they are loaded up and he was the casualty. So before I call bust, I'd like to see him play. Not a ton of 3rd round picks that start,but he's fine in the RBBC. I never called him a stud,but WHY would we make a waiver claim on a "bust"?

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Doesn’t have to be a draft pick. Just want two starter level playmaking options. Tons of ways to get that. I’ll take any options.

You just said you wanted a 3rd rounder LOL

Not Zeke level money. But playmaking starter weapons. RBs are cheap position comparatively.

So money spent means they are good?. How long has Scott been here? He was basically nobody. I would like to offer Sermon that same opportunity

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That deal already done. That’s why it’s called an Extension.

I'm talking about Hurts since you said "contract on offense" I assumed you meant him

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But he couldn’t make third string in Santa Clara

LMAO no of course not,look who else they have??? And they add Caff besides. We didn't have to claim him off waivers,but we did. WHY if he is a "bust" And you know a waiver claim has to go right on the 53,so why would we have made that move?

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Why it's DUMB to pay out 8 mil for a RB,I would rather use that to pay the 18-20. Saving 8 mil on a RB you are 1/2 way to paying him

Huge gap there. Three Sanders level starters or one CGJ? Everything is fluid. I’d rather keep CGJ. But financially can we? Gotta come up with 53 guys. Whatever makes us the best team. All options on the table. But we aren’t just carrying over tons of cap. We’ve added guys and kept guys this season on future pay. Just paid Reddick, AJ, Goedert and Mailata. Love to just stack the whole team with top pay level guys. Just not realistic. CGJ could be kept. But then you are hamstrung on pretty much any other moves. Keeping one great S but losing ten FA. Not adding any too pay FA. Is that the way to go? Tough to see swinging that. Will add the bonus if we get a 2024 third round comp for Ceedy Deuce walking also. I know you love those draft picks.

Huge gap there. Three Sanders level starters or one CGJ? Everything is fluid. I’d rather keep CGJ. But financially can we? Gotta come up with 53 guys. Whatever makes us the best team. All options on the table. But we aren’t just carrying over tons of cap. We’ve added guys and kept guys this season on future pay. Just paid Reddick, AJ, Goedert and Mailata. Love to just stack the whole team with top pay level guys. Just not realistic. CGJ could be kept. But then you are hamstrung on pretty much any other moves. Keeping one great S but losing ten FA. Not adding any too pay FA. Is that the way to go? Tough to see swinging that. Will add the bonus if we get a 2024 third round comp for Ceedy Deuce walking also. I know you love those draft picks.

Once again these decisions don't need to be made now. What's not realistic is spending a 3rd on a RB and paying 8 mil to another. Why do we need 3 Sanders level starters? Give me the best O line in the game and I'll run for 50 yards and I suck

15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

No clue depends on the talent level and fit who goes higher on our board.2 guys can't be rated the same,you have to make a choice,your choice is the higher rated one(even if it's gut instinct)

I take the CB. But admit the S pay and value has risen a ton over the last couple seasons. I’m saying that FA offers more options consistently at S. Also noticing day two of the draft offering good S options. Just the way I see it. But league wide it’s also seen this way. That elite S seems to fall and be that last elite player taken. Versus the CB their trading up and fighting for. Sauce or Hamilton? Many rated both the same. Look where they both got drafted. Corner worth more. That’s my take…but it’s also based on the leagues take.

He only played 8 games for OSU and still had 875 rushing yards(and they are now a passing team not the Woody Hayes Buckeyes). IDK 100 YPG sounds ok to me(not counting receptions) SO,I have no clue why he sits,has to be some reason and if he's "waiting his turn" that may come in 2023

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not Zeke level money. But playmaking starter weapons. RBs are cheap position comparatively.

Yes... no need to spend even $2 mil on a RB.  

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

How do you know he's a bust if he hasn't played? He's been sitting behind many RB's that make more money. He's run 2 whole plays. IDK how you can judge a guy on 2 plays. I don't think he got 1 touch in SF because they are loaded up and he was the casualty. So before I call bust, I'd like to see him play. Not a ton of 3rd round picks that start,but he's fine in the RBBC. I never called him a stud,but WHY would we make a waiver claim on a "bust"?

Niners even traded for McCaffrey. So Sermon would be fourth string there at best. He’s fourth string here…behind guys that should be beat out. I see Scott and Gainwell as third stringers talent wise. Only one RB goes in the first round of the draft on average. So day two at RB are the top level guys. So Sermon not climbing above fourth string is labeled a bust. If you believe he’s better if given a chance , that’s fine. Could be true. But that’s clearly labeled bust for a high pick at his position. What are his career stats? Guys come from the PS and can become starters. Nobody based any plans on those level guys though. I’m not even considering Sermon when thinking about the team decisions. He’s lower on my radar that the third string QB Book who probably stinks. I mean pick any fourth string guys and tell me why you base any moves on them. TC completion is all he is at this point. Guys prove everybody wrong all the time. But anybody that can’t beat out Scott isn’t really even on my radar. I can get there undrafted RBs and polish up a third string level RB. How I see it…but also how I notice league perception also. Most backups are least bring ST qualities. Does he even play that? Think Chachere the sixth S is more of a thought than Sermon on the roster. If you like Sermon…that’s fine. But Rosie would be a fool to make any move based on him.

The 49ers seem to have a new RB every year that produces...then he gets injured and the next guy produces too.  That should say enough right there... but you can look at the Patriots as another team that won without a bell cow.   

So from this it's possible he is struggling transitioning. He has 2 carries for 19 yards and hasn't been used since,so they would know more than we would

Niners even traded for McCaffrey. So Sermon would be fourth string there at best. He’s fourth string here…behind guys that should be beat out. I see Scott and Gainwell as third stringers talent wise. Only one RB goes in the first round of the draft on average. So day two at RB are the top level guys. So Sermon not climbing above fourth string is labeled a bust. If you believe he’s better if given a chance , that’s fine. Could be true. But that’s clearly labeled bust for a high pick at his position. What are his career stats? Guys come from the PS and can become starters. Nobody based any plans on those level guys though. I’m not even considering Sermon when thinking about the team decisions. He’s lower on my radar that the third string QB Book who probably stinks. I mean pick any fourth string guys and tell me why you base any moves on them. TC completion is all he is at this point. Guys prove everybody wrong all the time. But anybody that can’t beat out Scott isn’t really even on my radar. I can get there undrafted RBs and polish up a third string level RB. How I see it…but also how I notice league perception also. Most backups are least bring ST qualities. Does he even play that? Think Chachere the sixth S is more of a thought than Sermon on the roster. If you like Sermon…that’s fine. But Rosie would be a fool to make any move based on him.

I don't know if I like him,he doesn't play. I have no opinion but it's rare to take a wavier claim,boot someone off the 53 to make room for someone you don't like. maybe it was a mistake. I have no way to know

30 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So before we go running amok putting every possibility under sun up here let's see who we can sign for what. That will clear up the creek

Actually I think we really blew our chance to keep Ceedy Deuce. Been complaining since week one we should have extended him. Hadn’t even been here and you could easily see he was a fit. Figure he would have taken 13 mil then. That one poster on here had your thoughts against me. Said gotta wait and make all decisions after the season. I wonder if Ceedy Deuce wouldn’t be a guy he’d like to keep now? 6 or so mil difference a year I’m calculating the difference at. Don’t think we can afford him now. So it not only turned out to be the right call financially to sign him first thing…I think it was the difference in being able to keep him. My thoughts of signing him first thing of the season …like I mentioned it week 2. Really was a huge mistake not doing it. Lost a top S over that indecision. We gotta bend over backwards and take it to keep him now. Sucks!

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So from this it's possible he is struggling transitioning. He has 2 carries for 19 yards and hasn't been used since,so they would know more than we would

I have to be honest.  I don't see a reason he needs to play.. the 3 RBs we have are doing fine. 

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I take the CB. But admit the S pay and value has risen a ton over the last couple seasons. I’m saying that FA offers more options consistently at S. Also noticing day two of the draft offering good S options. Just the way I see it. But league wide it’s also seen this way. That elite S seems to fall and be that last elite player taken. Versus the CB their trading up and fighting for. Sauce or Hamilton? Many rated both the same. Look where they both got drafted. Corner worth more. That’s my take…but it’s also based on the leagues take.

IDK IMO in a zone D the S would be an important piece. In man the CB would be. I'm not really a D guy like you guys are 

Actually I think we really blew our chance to keep Ceedy Deuce. Been complaining since week one we should have extended him. Hadn’t even been here and you could easily see he was a fit. Figure he would have taken 13 mil then. That one poster on here had your thoughts against me. Said gotta wait and make all decisions after the season. I wonder if Ceedy Deuce wouldn’t be a guy he’d like to keep now? 6 or so mil difference a year I’m calculating the difference at. Don’t think we can afford him now. So it not only turned out to be the right call financially to sign him first thing…I think it was the difference in being able to keep him. My thoughts of signing him first thing of the season …like I mentioned it week 2. Really was a huge mistake not doing it. Lost a top S over that indecision. We gotta bend over backwards and take it to keep him now. Sucks!

Idk....I wonder what the injury did to his price and mindset?     I wonder how he likes it here?   I wonder how much he gets offered around the league?  We shall see.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I have to be honest.  I don't see a reason he needs to play.. the 3 RBs we have are doing fine. 

Sure,just seems to me he'd play some snaps now and then,but he hasn't. Only 2 plays in 1 game the whole year. Strange you boot someone off the 53 then don't let them play at all. I mean he could take some relief snaps now and then,so I find this a bit weird

Everybody would sign him for that week two price now. Rooting my horn a bit here. But I did ‘Call It.’ Hahaha So was Rosie brilliant on the Ceedy Deuce situation or stupid. Smart to trade for him…but moronic to not extend him quick. Not all bad though…because we get that third round comp pick back losing him. So just rented him for the price of a 2023 pick trade to 2024 one. 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Didn't you want to sign Travis Fulgham after a couple of games?   I recall... "Howie goofed on that one, now we will have to pay"   

I think we see how things play out before sticking the chest out thinking you know the situation.   To be honest, I don't think CGJ was going to sign for $13 million..I think he wanted to ball out and go on the open market.

Everybody would sign him for that week two price now. Rooting my horn a bit here. But I did ‘Call It.’ Hahaha So was Rosie brilliant on the Ceedy Deuce situation or stupid. Smart to trade for him…but moronic to not extend him quick. Not all bad though…because we get that third round comp pick back losing him. So just rented him for the price of a 2023 pick trade to 2024 one. 

Again... big assumption on your part...but nothing new here. 

35 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The last part of third round pick I’m not rigid on. Just saying I want that level tandem. Flexible on however we put it together. Doesn’t have to be Sanders either. Just using Sanders and third round RB as the talent level bar of what I’m looking for in the RB tandem. Probably didn’t explain it as clear as could have been. What I meant though if I wasn’t clear.

SOOOOOO how did the dream team approach work out? Why would you sign a guy week 2 if you don't know if he fits or not? Because he fits elsewhere has no bearing on your team(see dream team). I'll pay the little extra to KNOW what I have

I’m even open to taking a RB at 32. Would be great(knowing how you achieve pick 32 mostly though LOL) Go Eagles!

Archived