Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What is the main reason? If you're trying to make injuries a reason then yeah that's part of it. But I think there are many reasons. This offense went from creative and doing things differently to other teams to being very dull and mundane. 

Another thing I think about is how good we were when we had Sproles, and besides him we usually had a 1/2 punch to boot. We had the bangers,that would plow headfirst into a line and get you the 1.5 yards you needed,then we had the electric Sproles,who could beat you about anywhere on the field. We were actually a FUN team to watch. Now we have Sanders and give up the run far to early. Hell some teams even beat US on the ground late. I was hoping to use Killins in this way. I'm especially intrigued by these articles that say Lurie is frustrated, Ped is frustrated, Wentz is frustrated. Newsflash, YOU are the reason for your own frustration!! Let me tell you noone is more frustrated than the fans!! And I guarantee most of us earn less than you clowns do. I have to agree with Joe here,we were planning on a SB contending team which would have enticed alot of other players to WANT to play here,then rebuild next year. But injuries hit and forced us into...well I can't say rebuild because those are planned, but it certainly exposed how weak we were in areas we were not supposed to be weak in and forced our young guys to step up. See this is what I mean,you should not have to force young men to play,you should WANT them to play and in some cases EXPECT them to play. Apparently us drafting Hurts got to Wentz head,even though as a 'team" guy he will deny it. I can't think of any other reason for his BS play. Some is the collapsing line that holds sometimes and other times just lets guys waltz right in.I think Hurts was drafted because Howie knows Wentz can get hurt by his playing style and he wanted a guy to step in for the (supposed) run if we needed it. But those plans all failed now. Wentz's stats just stink. At present he is the worst QB in the league,which one can argue, if he's the WORST,what do you have to lose by playing Hurts? Maybe he will be last also,but stats don't lie and you cannot go lower than 32nd. What's even more pathetic is we are vying for a division title with a suck team because other teams suck worse.We have a tough 4 game stretch,so I think that lead vanishes. This team reminds me of an old jalopy. With the right NEW parts you could maybe restore this,but if you scrounge old parts from other scrap cars you are only continuing the problems later, using bandaids to kick your issues down the road and doubling your work,when you could have gotten it right from the start. So, I only offer my suggestions like we all do. We don't control things,but it's a sad commentary when the fans can see the errors,and know how to fix them, yet the stubborn FO just "lets it ride". I dont think the fans are going to put up with the humiliation much longer.By seasons end the no names and Dullaz will be better than the teams we faced before. We COULD actually lose out,and maybe that's a good thing. We will find out Monday if this team has any GUTS left and if Wentz sucks again,there will be hell to pay from the fan base

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW for the sake of fairness, I think the league is mistaken in forcing Denver to play without a QB. Other games get pushed back,why not this one? Not that I love Denver,but as a sportsman,this is as about as unsportsmanlike as I can find. Gooddell sucks as usual

9 hours ago, joemas6 said:

My standard is simple...  the 2nd TE coming in the game and he gives an edge wtih blocking.

Again saying it is simple who is that TE on today’s game???? They say Geodart is one of the best blocking TEa in the game and I seen this man mess up???? Saying oh it’s simple it isn’t lmao it easy to say sure.

I have no issue with getting a blocking #2 TE but they are not common and again who not looking to draft a guy can look late in the draft but do you seriously think they will better then Rodgers next year I don’t...

46 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BTW for the sake of fairness, I think the league is mistaken in forcing Denver to play without a QB. Other games get pushed back,why not this one? Not that I love Denver,but as a sportsman,this is as about as unsportsmanlike as I can find. Gooddell sucks as usual

They should move the game back to Thursday since the Ravens/Cowboys game has been delayed until the 7th. That would make the most sense to me but that doesn't appear to be in consideration for the NFL.

Then again that would probably screw up the rest of their schedules so it might not be possible.

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Jalen hurts supposedly will see increased reps during the Seattle game 

Rappaport said that he will get two or three plays at a time without Wentz on the field, and not a whole series (although lately three plays is an entire series for us) so it sounds like we are in limbo. We are taking Wentz off the field, which damages his confidence, especially if he has the offense moving, and putting in Hurts, but not giving him a chance to really show anything except some of the same read option things.

What a mess this has become. If Hurts moves the ball, it will make things even worse for Wentz. If he doesn't, then we didn't accomplish anything. So basically heads we lose, tails we lose.

This is starting to look like a team that has less and less of a grasp on reality. Our handling of Peters' and Jeffery's contracts was pretty much throwing $16 million out of the window. Our butchering of the CB2 position has made the signing of Slay useless. Malik Jackson is playing really well, making the signing of Hargrave a useless addition. And now our decision to draft Hurts has put us in the position of potentially benching a guy we just handed $130 million.

We aren't a qb factory, we are a sh!tshow factory, and business is booming.  

40 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

This is starting to look like a team that has less and less of a grasp on reality. Our handling of Peters' and Jeffery's contracts was pretty much throwing $16 million out of the window. Our butchering of the CB2 position has made the signing of Slay useless. Malik Jackson is playing really well, making the signing of Hargrave a useless addition. And now our decision to draft Hurts has put us in the position of potentially benching a guy we just handed $130 million.

It looks like a team that has a bad dynamic and structure.... Massive miscues between FO and coaches... 

Hargrave signing isn’t bad because of Malik playing well it’s bad because he isn’t playing well and doesn’t seem to fit our 43 D. 

CB2 position can’t fault the team for liking the promise of Maddox that he had shown in previous years problem is no real depth or outside CBs behind him. We cut the two guys that could have replaced him in Douglas/Jones both doing well now.

JP made it clear I was against him getting paid more. Alshon he got paid after we won the SB and he earned that money we reworked it later on that was screwed us I believe falling out between the sides 

It's now official.The last holdout in all my fantasy leagues just dropped Wentz lol

2 hours ago, metal said:

They should move the game back to Thursday since the Ravens/Cowboys game has been delayed until the 7th. That would make the most sense to me but that doesn't appear to be in consideration for the NFL.

Then again that would probably screw up the rest of their schedules so it might not be possible.

IDk what the protocol is,if it's a week ,that wouldn't help either

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

We aren't a qb factory, we are a sh!tshow factory, and business is booming.  

This pretty much says all you need to know. It's a Ftastrophe

HAHAHAHA-On some kind of WEIRD OMEN, I picked up the Saints defense on most fantasy teams last week 😁

CB2 position can’t fault the team for liking the promise of Maddox that he had shown in previous years problem is no real depth or outside CBs behind him.

The problem with randomly moving Maddox to outside corner and hoping he does well is that we did the exact same thing with Patrick Robinson a few years ago - took a slot corner and tried to make him an outside corner - and it failed to the point where we almost cut him.

So what did we learn from that debacle? Not a thing.

I get trying Maddox at CB2. But something should have clicked with the coaching staff in training camp that it wasn't going to work. The fact that it didn't says volumes about this team's ability to identify and develop talent. And the fact that we have stuck with a broken concept for the entire season, and our backup plan was to put someone out there even less suited to be the CB2, is emblematic about this team's inability to recognize its mistakes and fix them, both in the long term and the short term.  

24 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I get trying Maddox at CB2. But something should have clicked with the coaching staff in training camp that it wasn't going to work

Can’t say how he looked in camp plus we didn’t really have a huge TC...

As stated can fault the team for not having much of a backup plan beyond Maddox... But we tried Mills he wasn’t much better they tried NRC he was better.... James stayed hurt... Jacquet seems alright. So not like the team has much of a choice but to stick with Maddox 

Then you also have to question the D scheme as well... I mean our CBS are struggling have since Schwartz came to town... Yet Douglas, Jones, Darby etc are al finding pretty decent success as soon as they leave 

Here's a good summary of our contract situation with Wentz.

The Eagles Options With Carson Wentz | Over the Cap

We are somewhat in no man's land. We need cap relief from Wentz's salary next season to get under the cap. That won't happen if we trade him, though we will likely get a decent draft pick in return. If we keep him and don't restructure his salary, we will have to make those same cuts, so it is pretty likely we will be as bad next year as we were this year.

In short, we have no good options.

In all honesty, I think he will be fine once the offensive players around him get better and we sort out the crapshow that is our offensive playcalling. But the addition of Hurts to the equation just muddies everything up.

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Then you also have to question the D scheme as well... I mean our CBS are struggling have since Schwartz came to town... Yet Douglas, Jones, Darby etc are al finding pretty decent success as soon as they leave 

What seems to be universally believed around the league is that Schwartz's defenses are really easy to prepare for, since there is very little pre-snap disguise. So teams can feast on our corners since they know what coverages we will be running and where the weak spots are.

This year has been even easier since they just throw away from Slay on every passing play.

This isn't to excuse Maddox from being bad in coverage, but it has made him look much worse than he probably is.

Serious changes should likely be coming to this Eagles team. First to go should be Howie team has collapsed since winning the SB. 

As for HC as stated in a previous post I’d prefer to leave that to the new GM. 

Wow really botched my QB this week in FF. Went Herbert against a meh Bills D over Watson v Detroit left a good 17 points on my bench lol....

Good news my WRs doing well 16 points from Keenan Allen, 26 from Jefferson and still have Lockett vs our D lmao 

24 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

If (when) we lose to Seattle tomorrow night we’ll be 6th in the draft order. 

6 round 1 picks may not be enough lol

Wow really botched my QB this week in FF. Went Herbert against a meh Bills D over Watson v Detroit left a good 17 points on my bench lol....

Good news my WRs doing well 16 points from Keenan Allen, 26 from Jefferson and still have Lockett vs our D lmao 

I'm getting kicked too Murray got me a whopping 7 points. Kamara only has 5 (although in another league Hill is tearing it up) 

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

6 round 1 picks may not be enough lol

Not with Howie drafting.

Watching KC vs Tampa.

Gronk, Brown, Godwin, Evan's

Kelce, Hill, Watkins,  Robinson  ...multiple RBs...

We see Brady and Mahomes play with that crappy bunch,  why can't Wentz play well with our studs?

18 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

We see Brady and Mahomes play with that crappy bunch,  why can't Wentz play well with our studs?

Yeah, if only Wentz had the weapons that Tom Brady has had over his career, he would be as good.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm getting kicked too Murray got me a whopping 7 points. Kamara only has 5 (although in another league Hill is tearing it up) 

Not in a terrible spot would be nicer have I started Watson for sure though.... My opponents team is all but done has Ravens Kicker left.

Im down 28 but still have both my RBs(Aaron Jones/Miles Sanders)  Tyler Lockett and Jimmy Graham to play so feeling good I should pull out the W 

Archived