Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

I'm glad Howard is back. I was kind of mad we let him walk in the first place. He is only 26. Clement is disappointing. He had one decent year and then the production fell off. IDK why he isn't "back" yet. Not real impressed with the younger kids. I hope one can rise up because they have done it on other teams if you look at some rooks and 2nd year RB's. We have tough games coming. I hope we solidify this Oline and get Howard back into it. Should be NP for him having been here before. At least show me some solid football win or lose

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW I picked up the KC defense in fantasy as my BU. They seem to be coming on. Also my TE Andrews went to IR,so I got Goedert for the stretch run. Not the best fantasy TE out there,but hoping he can give me a few "fill in" points every week

25 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BTW I picked up the KC defense in fantasy as my BU. They seem to be coming on.

I think they have play makers which come the big games is going to be a real benefit for them. 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Tom didn’t though his stats were right on par with his normal stats 

Oh and New England still won what 12 games 

I agree... the D had nothing to do with the run they had to start the year.  Brady was awesome last year!

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Still expecting it to be Wentz to start hurts sprinkled in and if the O stays stagnant we will see Hurts as the starter in the 2nd half with Wentz benched.

So you expect it to go bad then... why else would we bench Wentz ????  

Just now, joemas6 said:

Oh it is going to be bad. Their offense should score almost at will against us. I mean my god Maddox against Lockett? That's going to be ugly. 

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Isn’t that what my post just said lmao of the O is bad and stagnant we will turn to Hurts after the half didn’t think I made it difficult to understand just my guess though 

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I agree... the D had nothing to do with the run they had to start the year.  Brady was awesome last year!

Lmao joe you just keep changing it the posted question was the QBs play Brady’s play was fine with Gronk without Gronk with Moss without moss.... Brady didn’t completely fall apart. 

If it is going to be a nasty weather game again would image we should want Jordan Howard for the game tough downhill runner... Though we could use depth in other areas as well 

If you look at last year, we lost by identical scores, but two very different ways. In the first game we sacked Wilson six times and held him to 200 yards passing, but got dominated in the run game. In the second game Metcalf destroyed us (160 yards receiving) and their defense piled up 7 sacks and 12 TFLs, while we had 1 sack and 7 TFLs.

We contained Lockett both times, with 62 and 38 yards. I actually like Maddox as a matchup against him, since he won't get dominated by his size and can follow him inside. It will be interesting to see how we defend Moore, who hasn't been great against us either. If the weather is bad, I think that helps us as we tend to play the run well, but have to stop Wilson from running the ball.

I think we are better on the offensive and defensive lines, while they are obviously better at LB and at the skills positions. I think this game will come down to qb play, so it is time for Wentz (or Hurts) to win us a game.

5 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

positions. I think this game will come down to qb play, so it is time for Wentz (or Hurts) to win us a game.

If it’s another bad weather game ball security(this is key any game but more so in poor weather) time of possession likely to biggest factors.... If the game is suppose to be as heavy rain as they are saying would rather keep it on the ground as much as possible why I’d like to see a guy like Howard called up. Similar to how the browns ran on us power backs have a way of wearing down a defense then you can see someone break free. 

Peters playing with a broken toe apparently had it last week as well... So my guess Herbig going to end up finishing the game at RG 

5 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

If it’s another bad weather game ball security(this is key any game but more so in poor weather) time of possession likely to biggest factors.... If the game is suppose to be as heavy rain as they are saying would rather keep it on the ground as much as possible why I’d like to see a guy like Howard called up. Similar to how the browns ran on us power backs have a way of wearing down a defense then you can see someone break free. 

The team showed a video of the locker room, and the running back uniforms were Clement, Scott and Sanders, so my guess is it will be those three. It also showed Wilson's uniform, so I think he will be a callup.

Philadelphia Eagles on Twitter: "Ready for MNF #SEAvsPHI | #FlyEaglesFly https://t.co/zsZBqCfRW9" / Twitter

I would like to see Howard as well, but I guess they are going to wait a week.

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OK we all know the key to offensive football on a fundamental level is the O line. We have some young guys I think will work out, but if you were drafting what O line position would you grab? Kelce could retire,but we have a C on the roster. Usually those guys have been cut by now, but this one hasn't, so I think we may have his replacement. I am still opting for Mailata and Dillard at LOG(if he can play that which we do not know). Or maybe Dillard beats out Mailata outright at LOT(the "may the best man win" theory). I want to see some of these position solidified,so there is no question going forward who is playing where. We can experiment in camp, we should not be experimenting in games. So, simply talking Oline, in your opinion which OFFENSIVE LINE position would you draft and how high in the draft would you do it? we have 1,2,3,5,5 and a slew of 6's I think. If we only need a few BU's then say that, or is there a guy/position we need to get as a starter?(either as a draft pick or FA) GO!

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lmao joe you just keep changing it the posted question was the QBs play Brady’s play was fine with Gronk without Gronk with Moss without moss.... Brady didn’t completely fall apart. 

Again... not changing anything... Brady still had some pieces that he was familiar with that were legit NFL vets on his team correct?   Same scheme...etc.   I am not ever trying to say the QB doesn't make mistakes.  As I point out all the time, like yesterday, Mahomes and Brady both made multiple mistakes that we have been seeing here... holding the ball too long, fumbling the ball, turnovers in the redzone, bad that was forced on 1st down, not seeing a wide open receiver and it causing a FG instead of a TD, a bad throw to a wide open WR in the middle of the field  All those mistakes in multiple were made yesterday by Mahomes and Brady.  All of them.  The difference is they have talent around them to where they can rebound and make up for it on the next play.   With us... Wentz can't make any mistakes.  We harp on his mistakes and let the other ones go... he can't underthrow Hill by 5 yards, and then Hill comes back to make the play and do the rest on his own.  We have none of that here.  Plus the OL leaks every game.  They have no time in playing with each other.... it's a mess.  More than the QB.

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Again... not changing anything... Brady still had some pieces that he was familiar with that were legit NFL vets on his team correct?   Same scheme...etc. 

Our schemes different???? Wentz didn’t have some pieces he was familiar with  that were legit nfl vets????  I forgot he didn’t have Ertz and goedart or djax had Sanders week 2 along with the previous guys.

But damn it Brady had Eldman and White lol 

Let's compare mistakes tonight with Wilson and Wentz .... lets see if there are guys wide open for either team to where it's easier for one of the QBs.... let's see the protection, the use of the running game and playaction ...etc.   see how often each QB can just catch the snap and throw a quick pass because the D is playing off coverage.   Wilson to me is the best QB the last few years... Rodgers looks like he may be regaining that top spot.... Mahomes to me gets away with a lot and still succeeds due to that team around him.   But Wilson, for years had to do his thing for his team to win.   Great comparison tonight.  Lets really look and see if it's all Wilson being better than Wentz... or how much the other players make a difference.  

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Let's compare mistakes tonight with Wilson and Wentz .... lets see if there are guys wide open for either team to where it's easier for one of the QBs.... let's see the protection, the use of the running game and playaction ...etc.   see how often each QB can just catch the snap and throw a quick pass because the D is playing off coverage.   Wilson to me is the best QB the last few years... Rodgers looks like he may be regaining that top spot.... Mahomes to me gets away with a lot and still succeeds due to that team around him.   But Wilson, for years had to do his thing for his team to win.   Great comparison tonight.  Lets really look and see if it's all Wilson being better than Wentz... or how much the other players make a difference.  

I think this is a pretty fair comparison. I don't think Seattle has a great team. They just have a great qb.

It will be pretty easy from the all 22 to see which qb played better.

18 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

Mike garafolo was just on nfl network doing a live report from the linc ahead of tonight’s game. He stressed that wentz isn’t being benched(according to people he’s spoken to)  but that how much we see of Jalen hurts is up to how wentz plays. We know hurts is going to see time but if wentz plays well in his time then hurts won’t see any more than is planned, but if wentz plays bad and doesn’t turn it around then hurts will see more time. So if wentz wants to play he needs to start playing better. So no more excuses it’s in his hands.

Mosher just said that the decision to give Hurts more snaps came directly from the owner, and that Lurie was also heavily involved in the decision to draft Hurts.

He added that this was a direct result of missing on Wilson in 2012.

40 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Mosher just said that the decision to give Hurts more snaps came directly from the owner, and that Lurie was also heavily involved in the decision to draft Hurts.

He added that this was a direct result of missing on Wilson in 2012.

I’m not making excuses for him want to make this clear first... But you know this stuff has to mess with Wentz mentality. 

Foles won the SB(also next year Foles led the team back into the playoffs after Wentz was so-so coming off injury)since Wentz was hurt so he was stuck in that mans shadow per say 

Finally rallies the team puts them on his back gets us into the playoffs finally seems like ok this is Wentz team they turn around draft Hurts.

I basically see this playing out one of a couple of ways.

A. Wakes Wentz up plays lights out really puts a fire under his ass

B. Wentz is bad Hurts comes in plays well ultimately this could spell the end of Wentz career in Philly

C. Wentz is bad Hurts takes over is terrible. Next week wakes Wentz up ie Mcnabb 09 when Kolkata replaced him.

D. Ruin the rest of Wentz confidence he doesn’t recover here and Hurts is absolutely terrible.

LOTS of Seachicken fans here in Boise. I sure hope the Eagles show up tonight. 

Down 23 points in FF got Lockett and Sanders tonight. Hoping to get a good 40 between the two guys opponent still has Justin Tucker would like a nice cushion to know my win is secure 

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Really? Mahomes is already the best QB in the NFL. He has a great coach and supporting cast, but he is OUTSTANDING! Im surprised you think differently.

Archived