Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

So,some say pulling Wentz would hurt his confidence. Maybe,or maybe it's a wake up call IDK, but right now it's difficult for me to have confidence in Wentz. Alshons "triumphant return" was a total goose egg effort. So much for "we'll be better when we get guys back" This whole mess is AWFUL

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

On WIP(Sports radio in Philly) they have had NFL experts on and they are saying the many teams in the NFL are watching the situation very close and crossing their fingers that thaty Eagles FO screws this up and puts Wentz OTB. Rumor is at least 4 teams would jump all over him in a heart beat knowing what he can be under the right coach. 

Lets just hope the Eagles are not hat dumb and realize Doug is the problem and move on from him first and try a new coach with Wentz first. 

Perfect situation would be get a new coaching staff in here for 2021 and let them get a chance with Wentz. If he is still not right then you have a out with him the following year and Hurts under contract for 2 more years. If they keep Doug then you will never see what Wentz can do with a real OC before the year you can trade him. 

Colts(Reich is there), Bears, Foles down(again), maybe the Raiders. Carr is doing better this year but...... Jags is another one

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Colts(Reich is there), Bears, Foles down(again), maybe the Raiders. Carr is doing better this year but...... Jags is another one

Teams they mentioned was the Colts, Patriots, Bears and 49ers. Yes the 49ers. Cowboys and Redskins was teams they said would have interest but highly doubt the Eagles would trade him to them(Even though they did trade McNabb to Skins) They said there prob would be a few others but those were the teams that were rumored at this time to be interested and keeping a eye on the situation. I could see adding the Vikings and the Jags. Vikings can get out of Cousins contract with a low hit if cut(10 mill) and save if traded. 

But again, I wouldnt move Wentz at all till min 2022 giving him a year with a new HC/OC first to see if they can get more out of him. If he still struggles then you move on. we all know Doug has a ton of issues as a HC so he needs to go anyways. Harder to find a Qb then a HC/OC esp when the HC needs to go. 

53 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

A look at Mills from the Browns game. He has been up and down, but at this point I don't think he is any better than Epps, and certainly not done anything to justify bringing him back. I would put SS right behind CB2 as the biggest team needs.

Jalen Mills vs Browns 2020 - YouTube

Honestly have to be fair to Mills dude was CB went to S and hasn’t had any off-season really to prepare... Think he has been better then you give him credit for think with a real off-season he will be 

Mills has been fine when playing safety. The play your showing was when he was playing CB2. Hes always had issues playing outside agasint the the double move. But as a safety he has been fine. Ive been saying this for years but Jims scheme is a DB killer. Id be fine resigning him next year to see what he can do under a new DC since Jims contract is up. 

18 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Teams they mentioned was the Colts, Patriots, Bears and 49ers. Yes the 49ers. Cowboys and Redskins was teams they said would have interest but highly doubt the Eagles would trade him to them(Even though they did trade McNabb to Skins) They said there prob would be a few others but those were the teams that were rumored at this time to be interested and keeping a eye on the situation. I could see adding the Vikings and the Jags. Vikings can get out of Cousins contract with a low hit if cut(10 mill) and save if traded. 

But again, I wouldnt move Wentz at all till min 2022 giving him a year with a new HC/OC first to see if they can get more out of him. If he still struggles then you move on. we all know Doug has a ton of issues as a HC so he needs to go anyways. Harder to find a Qb then a HC/OC esp when the HC needs to go. 

SO another year of POTENTIAL suffering? Can Lurie afford to do this? Fans are calling for heads to roll right NOW. Lurie-crickets

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO another year of POTENTIAL suffering? Can Lurie afford to do this? Fans are calling for heads to roll right NOW. Lurie-crickets

Yeah fans want changes but that doesn't mean it has to be at QB. I think a lot of fans would support a new GM and coaching staff to see if they can turn Wentz around. 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah fans want changes but that doesn't mean it has to be at QB. I think a lot of fans would support a new GM and coaching staff to see if they can turn Wentz around. 

I don't see Howie going anywhere. The other is a BIG IF. Maybe we need to turn the draft over to Weidl?

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We could probably hire Mrs. Wentz cheap. She seems to know what the problem is lol 🤣

Out till tonight. Don't overeat TOO much!!! Peace y'all

53 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Mills has been fine when playing safety. The play your showing was when he was playing CB2. Hes always had issues playing outside agasint the the double move. But as a safety he has been fine. Ive been saying this for years but Jims scheme is a DB killer. Id be fine resigning him next year to see what he can do under a new DC since Jims contract is up. 

He was bad when the had him at corner, but he also struggled when he was at safety. He failed to fight off a block on the long Chubb run and gut hurdled twice. He hasn't been great against the run all year and has been up and down in coverage on TEs.

I don't see much capacity for improvement, and he is a playing a much more crucial position in our defense than, say, Singleton or Edwards. So if I was looking to upgrade the defense, he would be the second guy on my list after Maddox.

Personally, I think we have better options in Epps and Wallace, and I wouldn't mind seeing them get more chances. But it seems like as long as Schwartz is here, Mills is going to be playing somewhere in our defense.

43 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

He was bad when the had him at corner, but he also struggled when he was at safety. He failed to fight off a block on the long Chubb run and gut hurdled twice. He hasn't been great against the run all year and has been up and down in coverage on TEs.

I don't see much capacity for improvement, and he is a playing a much more crucial position in our defense than, say, Singleton or Edwards. So if I was looking to upgrade the defense, he would be the second guy on my list after Maddox.

Personally, I think we have better options in Epps and Wallace, and I wouldn't mind seeing them get more chances. But it seems like as long as Schwartz is here, Mills is going to be playing somewhere in our defense.

Wallace fine, but Epps is horrible. Mills is a coverage safety and is out of position. Jim is so dumb hes playing Rodney as the deep and putting Mills in the box. you would be better off with reversing them. but we are talking about a DC who recommended we release our only options at outside corner besides slay and put Maddox out of position and said hes doing fine. Been calling for Jims head since 2018 and Ill finally get it next year. 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I don't see Howie going anywhere. The other is a BIG IF. Maybe we need to turn the draft over to Weidl?

Howie wont be flat out fired. Tech he does NOT hold the GM title, no one does. You could see Lurie just bring in someone for personal decisions or advisor role again like they did with Joe Douglas/ Andrew Berry(Berry didnt get to stay to see if he could do anything). Or they could just hire a GM and leave Howie in his title and give up some of the responsibilities with drafting, FAs etc. 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Who really knows at this point. I mean I tend to agree i doubt Lurie makes the necessary change at GM but who knows. 

39 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Been calling for Jims head since 2018 and Ill finally get it next year. 

It will be interesting to see what happens with the defense if Schwartz is fired. A lot of beat writers have said that his scheme is outdated and too easy to play against. So we will see if some new blood can make a difference.

11 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with the defense if Schwartz is fired. A lot of beat writers have said that his scheme is outdated and too easy to play against. So we will see if some new blood can make a difference.

He won't be fired. They don't need to fire him unless they really want to send a message? He's out of contract this off season anyway. 

Thursday's injury report has Lane out and Driscoll limited.

Philadelphia Eagles on Twitter: "Thursday Injury Report https://t.co/SM0CwEKWAd" / Twitter

So maybe Mailata at RT?

Also Singleton is dinged up. Riley would likely be the three down linebacker if he can't go. Seattle isn't a great matchup for Edwards. I would actually like to see Taylor out there, as he seems to be really good at chasing down QBs, and that's a big part of the Seahawks offense.

Maddox against Metcalf looks like a nightmare matchup for us.

17 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yep inexperience. You can say that about Mailiata too. Carson is supposed to be one of the seasoned pros but he's not, playing like one. Some you can blame on the Olines inexperience. other times it's just bonehead decisions and he needs to STOP staring down receivers. That is also a  rookie mistake, not a top dollar QB

Find a way to watch the game live

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So here is my view(FWIW). So we lose the next 4 games. If Wentz shows me the skills we hired him for,he stays. If he continues this BS play, I think he is gone for the cap savings. FOr me, even if we lose those games,I need to see the old Wentz. I feel Lurie is doing the same. Someone needs to go maybe the staff IDK.It's such a dang mess it's tough to know where to begin

I think the owner uses the excuse of the injuries and Covid... and runs it back with all 3 of Howie, Doug and Wentz next year.

There is no cap savings letting Wentz go ... the cap date that matters is the start of the league year ... they need to redo his deal to get under the cap. Cutting him makes it worse. 

I think this year you let the players develop some chemistry together.  You cut the old guys and we move on next year.  Suck it up, it is what it is for this year.  

The owner has shown patience,  both good and bad, I don't expect it to change.  We might see a change in assistant coaches though.  You see how things go next year, after you change the environment.  Judging anything this year... why would we expect change?  If the environment is " Mailata can look good ...except for the couple of really BRUTAL mistakes which gets the QB killed" and that is the same standard for the entire offense... not sure anything changes?

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The owner has shown patience,  both good and bad, I don't expect it to change. 

I don't expect him to make major changes either but that's a huge mistake. This team has been regressing since 2017.

15 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Howie wont be flat out fired. Tech he does NOT hold the GM title, no one does. You could see Lurie just bring in someone for personal decisions or advisor role again like they did with Joe Douglas/ Andrew Berry(Berry didnt get to stay to see if he could do anything). Or they could just hire a GM and leave Howie in his title and give up some of the responsibilities with drafting, FAs etc. 

So seeing how this team has spiraled down, why wasn't this done yet? I don't see Lurie in a mad rush to pay another person

44 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lane done for the year JP at RG Mailata at LT.... Driscoll at RT???

At this point who knows. It seems like it would be better for Mailata to be at RT and Peters to be at LT, but I have given up trying to figure out what this team is doing.

10 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

At this point who knows. It seems like it would be better for Mailata to be at RT and Peters to be at LT, but I have given up trying to figure out what this team is doing.

Lol I’m just going by reports that have been coming out.... JP at RG and Mailata at LT though this was all before Lane said he is done for the year so not sure if that alters anything.

Havent seen much of Driscoll since early in the year but have to image he would be fine at RT seemed alright in pass pro lacked in the ground game but the other 4 guys on the OL should make up for that 

Archived