Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Oh they are moving Pryor to RT it seems not sure I like that move.... Not sure what happened with Herbig nothing to me seemed like his play dropped wonder he the OL guys next to him weren’t a fan playing beside him if that had an effect??? 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://thesportsdaily.com/2020/11/23/3-reasons-eagles-should-consider-benching-carson-wentz-jgras11/4/       Basically what I was rambling on about stated in a concise manner(unlike myself lol)

23 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

At this point who knows. It seems like it would be better for Mailata to be at RT and Peters to be at LT, but I have given up trying to figure out what this team is doing.

Makes 2 of us. Apparently now we better find a RT(that I don't think we have on this squad) or we will have to draft one to BU Lane for the future, and I'm not talking about stacking the roster with 4th string round 6 picks. Tired of this "jack of all trades,master of none" theory

I would be interested in adding Taylor Gabriel to our WR corps. Not necessarily for help this year, although maybe he could contribute later in a losing season. But by signing him to a 1 year (plus the balance of this year). Plenty of time to get in gear for next season. He's fast (he was hand clocked at 24mph once lol) and seems to me to be a cheaper version of Djax who plays 1.3 games per year. At 29, I think he still has skills to offer. Him and Goodwin would be the "vet" presence. I like our young guys. Fulgham is a keeper. Hightower has upside yet, Reagor has alot of potential, Ward is solid as a BU. So adding this guy would let us forego(much to my dismay) looking for a decent round WR to add. I still think we add one in 5 or 6,but you aren't going to get a star there. So that would give us Gabriel, Goodwin, Fulgham, Reagor, Hightower, Ward and we can decide to hang onto Jjaw, or find another WR for camp competition. I suppose it would depend on what Gabriel wants loot wise, but making this move now would make sense IMO for the reasons given

The Eagles T situation could be really good next year. 
Lane getting shut down and time to heal is great news he should be fine. Mailata seems like he can be a starter. Got Dillard who I’m having compete at LT next year... Also liked the bit I seen from Driscoll real promise there needs to add muscle and play strength to his game but that should come during the off-season working with NFL trainers. 

Could have 4 Ts and could realistically have the true your the LT backup and your the RT backup guys. 

So we are simplifying the offense we are changing up the OL if Wentz and the O struggle first half of the game vs Seattle I’d make the switch to Hurts in the 2nd half.

Been listen to lots of veteran QBs about it honestly think it could aid him kinda of back away from the game settle down. 

OMG, how much simpler can we make this offense? lol IDC how simplified it is if we cannot execute the play. This is going backwards, Ped should be coming up with brilliant plays to scheme the receivers open. No wonder we suck

Just looking at the D side of the ball this would just be a great year to make any major changes really. 

If we get a new 43 coaches we got some pieces and he get a chance to group new guys to fit his D on a unit that needs a overhaul 

Even if we opted to go 34 our DL would be pretty set Cox/Malik at the DE spots Hargrove as the NT Ridgeway would be decent backup on the DL.

Edwards/Singletary would be decent ILb I believe.

OLB rushers would become the biggest need but we could not bring back Barnett as he would not fit, Sweat I think would be a solid OLB then look in the draft 

11 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Just looking at the D side of the ball this would just be a great year to make any major changes really. 

Trouble is... The offense needs just as much work. 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Trouble is... The offense needs just as much work. 

The O really doesn’t.... Maybe a new OC with play calling...

WR should be fine our guys are young they will get better Fulgham wil improve Reagor will improve Hightower will improve.

RB- Sanders is a stud and he will still improve 

OL- Get Lane/Brooks 100% next year will be massive. Mailata full off-season getting starter reps battling with Dillard... Semaulo back healthy. Kelce is the ??? But OL should be good and the experience our backups got should be valuable.

TE- geodart is a good TE even if we move on from Ertz. Might need a 2nd guy but Rodgers has shown he can be a serviceable backup.

Biggest question could be QB with Wentz but you still have Hurts who we just drafted. 

Biggest thing I see need on O is staff changes and time 

A real QB coach for Wentz and Hurts 

creative OC that can challenge Doug need that Doug/Riech dynamic back... Guy who will actually run the ball.

OL we have the guys just need to be healthy Mailata/Semaulo/Kelce/Brooks/Lane is a massive improvement then what we had this year especially if they can all play together not have 10 different OLs in 11 games.

WRs- again time get better chemistry with the QB get an NFL off-season to add to there frame. Hightower to me is a fantastic route runner needs to add to his frame get stronger work on his hands some and he could blow up. 

We paying these coaches to coach up the young guys that what we need now mostly 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

If we get a new 43 coaches we got some pieces and he get a chance to group new guys to fit his D on a unit that needs a overhaul 

Even if we opted to go 34 our DL would be pretty set Cox/Malik at the DE spots Hargrove as the NT Ridgeway would be decent backup on the DL.

Edwards/Singletary would be decent ILb I believe.

OLB rushers would become the biggest need but we could not bring back Barnett as he would not fit, Sweat I think would be a solid OLB then look in the draft 

Singletary?  Referring to Singleton.  

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Singletary?  Referring to Singleton.  

Yea bad not sure what I was thinking was at work when I typed it lol 

10 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

WR should be fine our guys are young they will get better Fulgham wil improve Reagor will improve Hightower will improve.

OL- Get Lane/Brooks 100% next year will be massive. Mailata full off-season getting starter reps battling with Dillard... Semaulo back healthy. Kelce is the ??? But OL should be good and the experience our backups got should be valuable.

TE- geodart is a good TE even if we move on from Ertz. Might need a 2nd guy but Rodgers has shown he can be a serviceable backup.

Biggest question could be QB with Wentz but you still have Hurts who we just drafted. 

We don't really know that Fulgham and Reagor are good though. We saw Fulgham burst on to the scene, we have seen Reagor flash so yeah I agree there's hope. 

Sanders is a stud but he's struggled to stay healthy. 

The OL is a mess. We keep hoping we will get healthier and then we don't. Brooks will be coming back from 2 Achilles tears in back to back years and will be 30+. Lane is 30+ and now is suffering injuries so perhaps his body is breaking down. 

Sure all those things could work out for us but at this point? The way it keeps going for this team? I'm not banking on it. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We don't really know that Fulgham and Reagor are good though. We saw Fulgham burst on to the scene, we have seen Reagor flash so yeah I agree there's hope. 

Sanders is a stud but he's struggled to stay healthy. 

The OL is a mess. We keep hoping we will get healthier and then we don't. Brooks will be coming back from 2 Achilles tears in back to back years and will be 30+. Lane is 30+ and now is suffering injuries so perhaps his body is breaking down. 

Sure all those things could work out for us but at this point? The way it keeps going for this team? I'm not banking on it. 

Sure you don’t know what you have in some they are young guys we invested in you have to give them a chance can’t just keep drafting or signing hoping some breaks out right away have to like the promise you see and hope they develop.

OL yes we have older guys in Lane and Brooks also 30 isn’t al that old in today’s NFL good OL last to 35+ playing at a high level and the Achilles I’d be more concerned if he wasn’t an OL. Both guys we could likely still bank on for 3-5 more years easy...but again we have promising young guys behind them that you have to give a chance from Mailata/Dillard/Herbig etc.

Sanders health dude missed what 3 games in his career lol and even still don’t need a new RB maybe a compliment guy. 

Right now you have to go with what you invested on the O we have promising guys now it should be the Ds turn 

Some updates from today.

Ertz is out. Rodgers has been playing well, and I would hope we go heavy 12 personnel as we were at our best in that package against the Browns. He just needs to be more aware on his blocking responsibilities.

The line will be Mailata-Seumalo-Kelce-Peters-Pryor. It will be interesting to see how Peters and Pryor work together. Pryor looked okay against the Browns, and he seems to have turned things around from earlier in the season.

The Seahawks don't get much of a rush from their front four, and seem to depend on stopping the run to put teams in passing situations. But we ran the ball well against the Browns, and should be able to do so again behind a line that is going to feature some bulldozers. Having Goedert is like having a third OT, and Rodgers, with one obvious exception, has been blocking well.

On 11/26/2020 at 6:55 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't expect him to make major changes either but that's a huge mistake. This team has been regressing since 2017.

What is the main reason you think the team has regressed?  Use Brooks as an example.... arguably the best player on the team in the way he played consistently and the level he dominated.  Anything on common about each year since 2017?

11 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Some updates from today.

Ertz is out. Rodgers has been playing well, and I would hope we go heavy 12 personnel as we were at our best in that package against the Browns. He just needs to be more aware on his blocking responsibilities.

The line will be Mailata-Seumalo-Kelce-Peters-Pryor. It will be interesting to see how Peters and Pryor work together. Pryor looked okay against the Browns, and he seems to have turned things around from earlier in the season.

The Seahawks don't get much of a rush from their front four, and seem to depend on stopping the run to put teams in passing situations. But we ran the ball well against the Browns, and should be able to do so again behind a line that is going to feature some bulldozers. Having Goedert is like having a third OT, and Rodgers, with one obvious exception, has been blocking well.

Rodgers has been blocking great! No key mistakes..lol

22 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

The Eagles T situation could be really good next year. 
Lane getting shut down and time to heal is great news he should be fine. Mailata seems like he can be a starter. Got Dillard who I’m having compete at LT next year... Also liked the bit I seen from Driscoll real promise there needs to add muscle and play strength to his game but that should come during the off-season working with NFL trainers. 

Could have 4 Ts and could realistically have the true your the LT backup and your the RT backup guys. 

The OL would good if 2 guys play OT for 16 games.

19 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I gotta be honest.  I agree with this approach in terms of making moves next year.  I think you need to let these offensive players grow together.  But you are way more confident in all these young unknowns...due to a few plays they make here and there.   Idk if any of them are going to be NFL state level.   The QB however is the least of my concerns....he has shown it already at the NFL level...the question is will the other guys around him step up so that it can have the proper effect on his play.   

Stability will be nice.  Hopefully we don't start 10 different OL combos in the first 11 games.  

18 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Rodgers has been blocking great! No key mistakes..lol

Obviously our biggest problem is that we are unable to find players who are perfect on every play. lol.

18 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Obviously our biggest problem is that we are unable to find players who are perfect on every play. lol.

Idk... blocking the QB's blindside seems a fundamental part of success.   " hey Mailata and Rodgers were good, except the brutal mistakes that cost us big time"   lol.

This is what you have on our team now and why we have these results. Not concerned with perfection,but if we had these guys make mistakes that weren't at key times or so brutally pathetic, we might have different results.  You can't give a pass for that..  we didn't for the QB, so the others shouldn't get one either.  Avoiding the really pathetic key mistakes is something I expect at a minimum level before I need those guys to do anything special.  

I would trade one or two dominant run blocks from Mailata for avoiding the "Ole" play s couple times.   Rodgers doing a fundamental block to me helps the offense more than being the 5th read on a TE pass and getting left open by the defense..  congrats for not dropping the perfectly thrown ball. But make the block, more important for the team.

42 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I gotta be honest.  I agree with this approach in terms of making moves next year.  I think you need to let these offensive players grow together.  But you are way more confident in all these young unknowns...due to a few plays they make here and there.   Idk if any of them are going to be NFL state level.   The QB however is the least of my concerns....he has shown it already at the NFL level...the question is will the other guys around him step up so that it can have the proper effect on his play.   

Stability will be nice.  Hopefully we don't start 10 different OL combos in the first 11 games.  

I’m not confident in them in the sense I think they will a be great players or even good just that A. We can’t really spend and B. Drafting another young player at the same position over and over and over is pointless if your not going to give them any time to develop.

So to me ride with what we got next year on O hopefully some of these young guys we invested in you know pan out fulling year we can readjust look at FA guy look at the draft again etc.

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Idk... blocking the QB's blindside seems a fundamental part of success.   " hey Mailata and Rodgers were good, except the brutal mistakes that cost us big time"   lol.

This is what you have on our team now and why we have these results. Not concerned with perfection,but if we had these guys make mistakes that weren't at key times or so brutally pathetic, we might have different results.  You can't give a pass for that..  we didn't for the QB, so the others shouldn't get one either.  Avoiding the really pathetic key mistakes is something I expect at a minimum level before I need those guys to do anything special.  

I would trade one or two dominant run blocks from Mailata for avoiding the "Ole" play s couple times.   Rodgers doing a fundamental block to me helps the offense more than being the 5th read on a TE pass and getting left open by the defense..  congrats for not dropping the perfectly thrown ball. But make the block, more important for the team.

So we bench Mailata for who? We bench Rodgers for who?

We gained 123 yards on the first two series, during which Rodgers played every down. Then we benched him and gained 60 total yards on the next four series, of which 15 yards were due to a roughing penalty. Then we brought him back in and he scored a touchdown on his first play.

So you got your wish. We benched Rodgers and the offense stopped working. Congrats.

As far as Mailata, Dillard didn't do any better las year. The Cleveland tackle, a top draft pick, was abused by Sweat. Who exactly are you looking for to replace him?

27 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

As far as Mailata, Dillard didn't do any better las year. The Cleveland tackle, a top draft pick, was abused by Sweat. Who exactly are you looking for to replace him?

I mean Willis has been great all year one bad game in the rain doesn’t take away from that... They also got it going on the ground game which is where he excels 

Archived