Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

Yeah, if only Wentz had the weapons that Tom Brady has had over his career, he would be as good.

I agree... 2007 was the transformation from game manager to big stat guy... ironically... Moss, Stallworth and Welker were added to the offense.  Since then he never went into a season without Moss or Gronk.

But we have Fulgham...  it's easy to see Brady would thrive here with this environment... only issue is we only had 10 different starting OL combinations in 11 games... he would do better with his mobility if we used 11... a different one each game. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

Yeah, if only Wentz had the weapons that Tom Brady has had over his career, he would be as good.

Brady just knows how to play QB. He’s a below average athlete with exceptional knowledge of the game. The exact opposite of Carson Wentz. 

2 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Brady just knows how to play QB. He’s a below average athlete with exceptional knowledge of the game. The exact opposite of Carson Wentz. 

Yeah... doing great...24 points in great weather with all those weapons and a stable OL.  Wentz only getting 17 with our offense in the pouring rain Sunday was really bad.  That whole 7 points more for Brady is because he knows how to play... nothing about the team around him.

My favorite... Tony Romo as commentator...

" this are the kinks that Brady will work out with his teammates as he gets more time with them"

Agree... if he had the time in that Wentz has spent with Fulgham, Reagor, Hightower... it would be huge difference. 

17 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

agree... 2007 was the transformation from game manager to big stat guy... ironically... Moss, Stallworth and Welker were added to the offense.  Since then he never went into a season without Moss or Gronk.

Expect for you know 2019 and the years Gronk missed over half the season in 13 and 16 

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Agree... if he had the time in that Wentz has spent with Fulgham, Reagor, Hightower... it would be huge difference. 

You mean the shorten off-season on a new team.... They literally spent the same amount of time with the guys....

Or AB being signed mid season???? Godwin being hurt missing time???? Oh Gronk yup spent plenty of time with him you know like Wentz has with Ertz even Goedart.

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah... doing great...24 points in great weather with all those weapons and a stable OL.  Wentz only getting 17 with our offense in the pouring rain Sunday was really bad.  That whole 7 points more for Brady is because he knows how to play... nothing about the team around him.

Dude, he’s 43 years old and still better then Carson at 27 years old. 

Wentz is mentally struggling... Doug is doing him no favors, the OL isn’t aiding him and he has young WRs. Wentz also isn’t helping himself forcing plays playing hero ball. 

As lot of these former QBs are saying basically got start from square 1 with him again rebuild the confidence. Make it easy 1-2 reads get the ball out or throw it away, run the ball etc. 

However we would simplify the offense if we were playing Hurts(minus the likely increase of read options) do with Wentz. Call the game like he is a rookie QB give him easy completions get him in a rhythm 

On 11/28/2020 at 6:48 PM, jsb235 said:

Opeta to IR with a back issue. Peters questionable with turf toe. Driscoll is a full go, as is Herbig. It will be interesting to see what they do on Monday.

Also the Lions fired their coach. Which isn't surprising. But he's a candidate for DC if the Eagles move on from Schwartz. Was good as the DC in NE.

Oh would that piss off Slay

36 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Dude, he’s 43 years old and still better then Carson at 27 years old. 

Right... despite having scrubs like Evans, Godwin, Brown, Gronk, the stable of RBs and using less OL... Brady overcomes those issues... imagine what he could do with the much better situation in Philly?

He would be putting up record numbers and wins here. 

38 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Wentz is mentally struggling... Doug is doing him no favors, the OL isn’t aiding him and he has young WRs. Wentz also isn’t helping himself forcing plays playing hero ball. 

As lot of these former QBs are saying basically got start from square 1 with him again rebuild the confidence. Make it easy 1-2 reads get the ball out or throw it away, run the ball etc. 

I agree...rebuild the confidence.  Start with stability on the OL and get him weapons that can make plays, not just easy catches when they are left open.   It's amazing what good teammates can do for one's confidence. 

So here is an idea for the OL

Mailata, Seamulo, Kelce, Herbig, Driscoll.

Then leave it the F@$k alone ... stop musical chairs.

No more Alshon mixed in at WR... Reagor, Fulgham, Ward, Hightower.    

Just ride with it for the rest of the season.  No changes... you analyze everything at the end of the season.   Just get them all the reps. 

30 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I agree...rebuild the confidence.  Start with stability on the OL and get him weapons that can make plays, not just easy catches when they are left open.   It's amazing what good teammates can do for one's confidence. 

Joe you such a cop out it’s hilarious......I’ve watch this Eagles O watched the games plenty of Eagles players getting open Wentz misses. Our players are young give you that maybe they turn into something maybe they don’t...  But damn you act like Wentz is the only QB in the history of the nfl to deal with this. Give it a rest.

Wentz is playing poorly you can make a laundry list of excuses for it can make a laundry list of excuses for the playmakers as well on this team not being able to produce be the QB can’t hit them also. 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Joe you such a cop out it’s hilarious......I’ve watch this Eagles O watched the games plenty of Eagles players getting open Wentz misses. Our players are young give you that maybe they turn into something maybe they don’t...  But damn you act like Wentz is the only QB in the history of the nfl to deal with this. Give it a rest.

Wentz is playing poorly you can make a laundry list of excuses for it can make a laundry list of excuses for the playmakers as well on this team not being able to produce be the QB can’t hit them also. 

This team has a long way to go....to get back to the point where the QB can make the mistakes that both Brady and Mahomes made today.. holding the ball and fumbling,  lobbing up INTs... the stuff EVERY QB does... just that their team doesn't need them to play perfect to win.   

There will be 2 players on the Eagles offense tomorrow who have proven to play well above average NFL football at one point.  They both make mistakes, bad snaps and bad throws, but they both make plays also.  The other 9, idk about yet.  Sanders I like, he fumbles and drops the ball, but I like him as a lead RB in a committee.  Goedert I like too, give him more opportunity and he should blossom into a complete TE.   If we compliment those 2 with the right backups... we still need a lot of the unknowns to develop. Idk that anyone else will be in the league in 4 years.  Let's hope so and that a few can even be above average.   As for the QB, I don't expect him to stop making mistakes, just like other QBs, I just hope we improve around him so as a team, they can make plays more consistently and go back to putting up the points we are used to with this QB.  Probably not going to happen this year, unless these guys improve quickly, and the coach stabilizes the lineup. Mailata, Seamulo, Kelce, Herbig, Driscoll.... no more Peters or Alshon..doesn't help the QB nor the team to keep changing and splitting practice and game reps.

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

So here is an idea for the OL

Mailata, Seamulo, Kelce, Herbig, Driscoll.

Then leave it the F@$k alone ... stop musical chairs.

No more Alshon mixed in at WR... Reagor, Fulgham, Ward, Hightower.    

Just ride with it for the rest of the season.  No changes... you analyze everything at the end of the season.   Just get them all the reps. 

LOL yeah been screaming for a constant O line,even if it's a BAD one. Then Ped can design plays to avoid the weakest link(if he knows how)

I look at Green Bay.-Starr, Favre , Rodgers, that's 3 QB's basically in forever. For awhile they didn't have a decent RB,but their WR's always develop pretty fast. They had a few scattered down years,but they always seem to come back and not play .500 ball for 4 years in a row. Saints do this too. Taysom Hill was played even though Brees was in and he will be ready to take the team over. We can't say the same thing. We need these kids to play and stop relying on old guys,but we need to draft/develop to be able to have that. This whole team is a mess. I don't expect a W tomorrow. I think Chris Carson is back for them. I hope he is still rusty or it will be a long night

13 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Expect for you know 2019 and the years Gronk missed over half the season in 13 and 16 

Yeah... last year they kinda fizzled there, New England that is.  

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Hawks 34-17

The weather is a mess right now.  Perfect game where running the football should take the lead in the game plan.  

49 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah... last year they kinda fizzled there, New England that is.  

Tom didn’t though his stats were right on par with his normal stats 

Oh and New England still won what 12 games 

Going to be watching tonight’s game not sure how that will go....Just hope I can finish the game without getting pissed and turning it off at the half.

Not expecting a win but damn hope we are at least competitive 

Still expecting it to be Wentz to start hurts sprinkled in and if the O stays stagnant we will see Hurts as the starter in the 2nd half with Wentz benched.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

The weather is a mess right now.  Perfect game where running the football should take the lead in the game plan.  

Yeah,they have activated C. Carson so it should be a ground duel we may be able to win. I hope he is rusty. I suspect he will be, but they sprinkle him in. IDK if we can stop their WR's, I think that will be the game key if we can match them on the ground

OK we all know the key to offensive football on a fundamental level is the O line. We have some young guys I think will work out, but if you were drafting what O line position would you grab? Kelce could retire,but we have a C on the roster. Usually those guys have been cut by now, but this one hasn't, so I think we may have his replacement. I am still opting for Mailata and Dillard at LOG(if he can play that which we do not know). Or maybe Dillard beats out Mailata outright at LOT(the "may the best man win" theory). I want to see some of these position solidified,so there is no question going forward who is playing where. We can experiment in camp, we should not be experimenting in games. So, simply talking Oline, in your opinion which OFFENSIVE LINE position would you draft and how high in the draft would you do it? we have 1,2,3,5,5 and a slew of 6's I think. If we only need a few BU's then say that, or is there a guy/position we need to get as a starter?(either as a draft pick or FA) GO!

Archived