Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wasn’t the Seattle pass rusher here as well

Barnett is the opposite...EXTEND

Why and at what cost dude is avg. I mean look 4th round how huge of a difference would it have been if we took say Maxx Crosby over Miller would that have been a dumb pick then??? 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Michael Bennet was here(that’s who it was)

Bennett was 2018 drafted Miller 19. 

Eagles had Graham/Barnett/Hall/Sweat/Curry 

graham is older, Sweat was unknown, Curry shouldn’t have been brought back and Barnett has been avg. 

Hall was meh. 

Miller was a bad pick sure but if that was Crosby instead we have 3 strong DEs again all young and the old head in Graham. Or two youngsters and move on from Barnett 

Really disappointed with the production we've had from Barnett. I was expecting more from him.  I wouldn't extend him unless a low ball deal as a band aid. 

But how much opportunity was there for Miller to succeed? Minimal reps that kept him not even dressing on gamedays. Soooooooo many other positions we could have added to the competition at instead.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

But how much opportunity was there for Miller to succeed? Minimal reps that kept him not even dressing on gamedays. Soooooooo many other positions we could have added to the competition at instead.

And if a player plays well we would get more reps not like we had world beaters at DE in an area we needed and still need an upgrade 

4 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Really disappointed with the production we've had from Barnett. I was expecting more from him.  I wouldn't extend him unless a low ball deal as a band aid. 

We can’t afford to mess around with the cap. I’m also disappointed in Barnett. Mostly been injury related though. But we lower his 10 mil cap hit by extending him. It’s one of the easier moves to make. Brought in his old Dline coach. He needs to improve on the durability. Needs to cutdown on the dumb mistakes. Take his rush to the next level.

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

And if a player plays well we would get more reps not like we had world beaters at DE in an area we needed and still need an upgrade 

Like we had at LB with Singleton

Wasn’t Miller on the 53 while Singleton was on the PS? Yeah that’s another reason it was a bad pick. Had to roster him without using him. Missed out on opportunities with others.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We can’t afford to mess around with the cap. I’m also disappointed in Barnett. Mostly been injury related though. But we lower his 10 mil cap hit by extending him. It’s one of the easier moves to make. Brought in his old Dline coach. He needs to improve on the durability. Needs to cutdown on the dumb mistakes. Take his rush to the next level.

Like we had at LB with Singleton

Think singleton is alright nothing special just our lack of LBs makes him look better 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Wasn’t Miller on the 53 while Singleton was on the PS? Yeah that’s another reason it was a bad pick. Had to roster him without using him. Missed out on opportunities with others.

Lmao cop out cuz singleton wasn’t any good let’s just ignore we had Bradham Zach brown, forte, Gerry, KGH the edwards 

I know you love you PS guys ham but reality is we needed DE help way more then LB and still need help at DE 

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Think singleton is alright nothing special just our lack of LBs makes him look better 

Yeah he just slipped into those 120 tackles. Much more important to draft Miller and hold on to him instead of a player that showed in 2019 preseason he could play.

Singleton was MVP of the CFL and won the Grey Cup. He’s just that guy people like you continue to naysay....but he keeps overcoming and proving you wrong!

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah he just slipped into those 120 tackles. Much more important to draft Miller and hold on to him instead of a player that showed in 2019 preseason he could play.

120 tackles 16 games 

Nate Gerry 57 tackles in 7 games 

per game tackles Gerry won if he played 16 games that avg. out to 130 tackles for Gerry does that make him better than Singleton then lmao.

Our Dline was third in sacks last season. Not sure where you are coming from? It would always be great to have more....but come on

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Obviously I was correct that picking Miller was dumb.

Changed the whole direction of the organization.  

DT is actually where we have failed complimenting Cox. Jernigan almost helped. Got injured off field. Never worked. Ridgeway traded for. Always injured. Malik payed big bucks for. Bust! Hargrave.....kind of a forced move. Sure didn’t get the bang for the buck. So I’d say DT would have made much more since than Miller.

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Our Dline was third in sacks last season. Not sure where you are coming from? It would always be great to have more....but come on

Where am I coming from our backup DT had 2 sacks Jackson backup DE Curry 3 sacks.

Our DL had what 41 sacks(we had what 49 as a team 8 came from players not on the DL)

Half those sacks came From 3 players two of which are above 30. 

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hargrave.....kind of a forced move. Sure didn’t get the bang for the buck.

Good run defender that also produced 4.5 sacks all while changing scheme with no offseason and dealt with injury early in the season.... He is a bright spot in my eyes way better bang for his buck then Barnett 

Chris Long on Carson Wentz.

"His leadership, our Super Bowl year, from the beginning, I never thought about or evaluated whether he was a leader or not. What I thought was ‘damn this kid’s pretty good.’ And he’s a good kid. If anything, he’s a little shy. You’d like to see him reach out more and kind of go over to that corner of the locker room. I read Albert Breer’s article, which I thought was the fairest synopsis yet, which read, in effect, that actually people think he’s a good guy, what he needs to do is reach out to every corner of the locker room better. The coachability and stubbornness, he ain’t the only player, but we expect something more out of a quarterback. Right? That’s the bottom line. He’s not the only quarterback who is stubborn. This has existed as this extreme conversation when, he’s got things to fix, but I don’t remember ever thinking, ‘what an a-hole.’"

I think this sums up the biggest difference between a Carson Wentz and a Jalen Hurts. Hurts from day 1 commanded the locker room. Even though he was a backup, a lot of people with the team (most notably Jason Avant who was an assistant coach last year) said that he prepared like he was the starter, and reached out to people all through the team. And when he became the starter, he wasn't lost in the moment.

To me, Jordan Mailata was the same way. He started, played well, got benched, and then was put back in the starting lineup. and he never complained or let it impact his play. Same with Herbig. And JJAW (who I like and I think will have a role for us this year) was the same way. He got benched and never whined, and made a big play on the fumble recovery in the end zone, and then came out and played well in the last game of the season.

I wouldn't draft a qb in round one because I like the vibe this offense is developing with guys who aren't afraid to put the team ahead of themselves. Greg Ward is another scrapper who keeps making play after play. You get enough guys like that in the building, and suddenly you have an offense that has 11 guys working together and it creates a winning atmosphere. And it starts with the QB, and Wentz wasn't providing that quality that Hurts will.

To me, we are turning the page on Ertz (whined about his salary), Peters (demanded more money to change positions), Wentz (afraid to compete with Hurts), Desean (obvious issues), and Alshon (allegedly anonymous source) and while the guys replacing them may not have the ability or the draft pedigree, never underestimate a locker room that has a winning culture. 

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

DT is actually where we have failed complimenting Cox. Jernigan almost helped. Got injured off field. Never worked. Ridgeway traded for. Always injured. Malik payed big bucks for. Bust! Hargrave.....kind of a forced move. Sure didn’t get the bang for the buck. So I’d say DT would have made much more since than Miller.

Expect in 2019 we traded for Ridgeway, still had Jernigan and signed Malik would have made less sense at that point. 

Over DE where we had avg. Curry unknown Sweat. 30 year old Graham. Barnett 

bums. 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

everyone forgetting about the Jags here as well .The moustache era is over

Like every other team

Not really, I think if a team is close and can target a guy, that is the move.   The Eagles are far from that.

Wasn’t the Seattle pass rusher here as well

Barnett is the opposite...EXTEND

Follow the bronze road....

set the franchise back a decade

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Another guy searching his way down the bronze road.   

Singleton was MVP of the CFL and won the Grey Cup. He’s just that guy people like you continue to naysay....but he keeps overcoming and proving you wrong!

A cornerstone of a defensive dynasty... no doubt!    

Archived