Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

7 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I don't believe BG wants them to go QB first. His point is what he "foresees" they will do. 

Understood, but he ignores the multitude of teams that want a QB. Jet won't take one? How does he know this when all indicators are they will?  Ryan is aging in ATL? Big Ben getting up there in Squeelerville? Jags sticking with moustache?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

The way the NFl is set up today drafting a defensive player is secondary. 

Look at KC. High powered offense mediocre defense. Don't get me wrong, i love watching good defense but the current rules are set up to penalize the D. 

For example lowering yout head to make contact is a personal foul for the defensive player but how many times do we see it called on a running back? I think i've seen it once since the rule was put in.

TB put Mahomes on the mat. ALL game, of course defense matters

Good to see you DC! Well thought out btw. Saw the Inquirer's been running some scathing articles RE: Jeff, Howie and their mismanagement. Hoped enough an an uproar would have forced Jeff's hand to get rid of Howie - no shame!  

6 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I think all this talk about the Eagles taking a QB is just that talk. I think it's being put out there by the organization in the hopes that if there's a team that wants to move up for a QB, it will push a player they like down. Having said that, it's not something that can be completely brushed aside and dismissed, because Howie and Jeff like to think they're the smartest people in the room.

Furthermore, I'm not sold on Hurts and I didn't like the pick when Howie took him. Hurts will likely give the Eagles wins, but I doubt it'll be enough to put them into the playoffs and it'll be just enough to keep them drafting in the middle of the pack.

The entire situation is a clusterF and Howie should have been fired with Doug, instead, Jeff expects him to dig his way out of the hole he originally dug.

Right now shooting for .500 is a GOAL HAHAHA(UGH). I'm fine with a trask at 38,giving Hurts competition. maybe 1 works out(or not) but it's a time buyer so we can get the youth and talent we desperately need. With our O line, Lawrence would look bad

9 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

The entire situation is a clusterF

Clear, concise, accurate, as always lol

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Right now shooting for .500 is a GOAL HAHAHA(UGH). I'm fine with a trask at 38,giving Hurts competition. maybe 1 works out(or not) but it's a time buyer so we can get the youth and talent we desperately need. With our O line, Lawrence would look bad

If it were me, I wouldn't go QB this year, the lines need rebuilt, the secondary needs help, the WR corps is still suspect. And Jeff left the person responsible in charge :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

If it were me, I wouldn't go QB this year, the lines need rebuilt, the secondary needs help, the WR corps is still suspect. And Jeff left the person responsible in charge :facepalm:

Me either, I would take Pitts, some like Parsons. Either would be a stud holder while we rebuild the rest. Lots of good WR's in the class,no need to reach for one. I DO have Trask as my 38 pick. he is the bottom guy on the top tier, so maybe there is upside there and competition for Hurts and at worst a BU for him.other wise there are still decent UDFA QB's who have upside and can serve as our 3 for now. You can check my last mock. not getting it all done with 1 draft,but it's a decent start

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Clear, concise, accurate, as always lol

:lol: It always makes me think of this Heartbreak Ridge clip

We'll have to get QB's in, as long as we don't spend high picks or $ on them. GB and I really like Pitts at 6. I can be a bit more flexible - Parsons, Farley, Sewell, Rousseau. All could start and we need every position.

Trask will be gone by 36

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

We'll have to get QB's in, as long as we don't spend high picks or $ on them.

That'll more than likely be the plan, to sign someone for vet min.

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

We'll have to get QB's in, as long as we don't spend high picks or $ on them. GB and I really like Pitts at 6. I can be a bit more flexible - Parsons, Farley, Sewell, Rousseau. All could start and we need every position.

Add Surtain into that mix. I 100% agree. We just differ on what we need first and y'all know my view on Pitts as the best bang for the draft buck. Any of those you mentioned would help, and franjly if we took Chase or Smith it would not shock me either,just feel WR's can be had later

Lurie should have made it clear to Howie....

But Howie must have something on him to still be here.....

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

That'll more than likely be the plan, to sign someone for vet min.

I like Fitz. Old. Noone wants him, yet he comes in and rescues sorry asses league wide lol

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Add Surtain into that mix. I 100% agree. We just differ on what we need first and y'all know my view on Pitts as the best bang for the draft buck. Any of those you mentioned would help, and franjly if we took Chase or Smith it would not shock me either,just feel WR's can be had later

I love Chase, Smitty and Waddle, if I were the Eagles, I'd look to trade down and take Waddle, maybe Howie can draft another QB in the 2nd round :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Yeah,why I have trask in 2 and have mentioned 3 possible UDFA snags in Book, White,or Thomas who would be our 3 for the moment

3 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I love Chase, Smitty and Waddle, if I were the Eagles, I'd look to trade down and take Waddle, maybe Howie can draft another QB in the 2nd round :rolleyes:

IDK Pitts is a machine, not just a TE and IMO you can get capable WR's far later. great class and we don;t need a stud,  just a solid reliable and even in round 5(Shi or Grimes) I found a few that would fit the bill,so for me WR is not a pressing need. I'm, sure we will take 1, I would just wait for a value pick

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

TB put Mahomes on the mat. ALL game, of course defense matters

You're cherry picking one game out of a season. 

Yes TB had a good D plan and Mahomes played liks crap (well like crap for him) but overall the NFL has decided to put a greater emphasis on the offensive side of the ball

Lets also remember thanks to ARs kid KC had a pretty major distraction just a few days before the game. Did this affect their play? We'll never know.

5 minutes ago, stine said:

Lurie should have made it clear to Howie....

But Howie must have something on him to still be here.....

If you're gonna post Cool Hand Luke scenes you'd better post the car wash scene

3 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Maybe he can make it an annual event.

Doubt Chase is there at 6. I was high on Smith, then took a look at Pitts and was wowed the more I read - believe he'll be a better weapon for this team, esp losing Ertz

5 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Smith was my original 1 pick. After seeing Pitts more and doing research he is more of a weapon than smith

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Doubt Chase is there at 6. I was high on Smith, then took a look at Pitts and was wowed the more I read - believe he'll be a better weapon for this team, esp losing Ertz

Ditto

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

1-6- Pitts-TE(FL)   2-38- Trask-QB(FL)  3-70- Newsome-CB(Northwestern)  3-85(from Colts)- Baron Browning-ILB-OSU  5-134- Shi Smith-WR (this guy replaced Deebo at S. Carolina)  5-140-Larry Rountree- RB- (Mizz)   6-165- Chris Rumph-Edge(Duke)  7-198- Tariq Thompson-S (SD St.)     UDFA-  Bynum-CB(Cal)    Hutcherson-OG(S. Carolina)   Chris Evans-RB-Michigan  Mustafa Johnson-DL(Colorado)  Ian Book-QB(ND)    Now you have 3 QB's competing to start Hurts, Trask and Book(who would be our #3 for the moment. Hurts should start due to his small amount of real experience,however if one of these others can beat him out,good for us, or another possibility is Ertz for Foles trade to the Bears and put Book(or QB 3) on the PS. UDFA QB's besides Book are White(Memphis) and Thomas(App. St). Any of these 3 are better than Duds was

22 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I think all this talk about the Eagles taking a QB is just that talk. I think it's being put out there by the organization in the hopes that if there's a team that wants to move up for a QB, it will push a player they like down. Having said that, it's not something that can be completely brushed aside and dismissed, because Howie and Jeff like to think they're the smartest people in the room.

Furthermore, I'm not sold on Hurts and I didn't like the pick when Howie took him. Hurts will likely give the Eagles wins, but I doubt it'll be enough to put them into the playoffs and it'll be just enough to keep them drafting in the middle of the pack.

The entire situation is a clusterF and Howie should have been fired with Doug, instead, Jeff expects him to dig his way out of the hole he originally dug.

Exactly what I'm thinking.  But that next statement is too spot on to be worrisome.  

Hopefully if this rendition of the team fails miserably Lurie realizes Howie is not the man to dig this team out of the hole and he is swept out with the rest.  

Jaycee Horn, CB, SoCarolina, Najee Harris, RB, Bama, a lot of DL & OL at 36

Archived