Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

47 minutes ago, stine said:

I really am not concerned. I have no control over what they do anyway. I am going on what I feel they should do and hope I am right for a change. Chase, Parsons or Pitts at 6 is my choice. If none are available, trade back to 9(if Possible) and get best CB, S, D-Line or WR available..... Then go from there....

My thoughts exactly.  May even be able to get Pitts at 9.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

My thoughts exactly.  May even be able to get Pitts at 9.

This is a tough one for me... the highest profile kid from HS, being the first pick of this post SB, Doug, Wentz ... start of Siri era... a lot of pressure for the kid in front of the local fans.  But I don't want to see him play for the 2 biggest rivals either.  

59 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

This is a tough one for me... the highest profile kid from HS, being the first pick of this post SB, Doug, Wentz ... start of Siri era... a lot of pressure for the kid in front of the local fans.  But I don't want to see him play for the 2 biggest rivals either.  

Listed as a TE, but this guy can line up anywhere and make plays. Like  BIG version of JJ. He has to know he is going early, and I think whatever pressure there was has come and gone. Also having a familiar face at Novacare would be nice for him

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yes, let's start the new era making the same mistakes as always

Why mess with the "Gold Standard"?

52 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Listed as a TE, but this guy can line up anywhere and make plays. Like  BIG version of JJ. He has to know he is going early, and I think whatever pressure there was has come and gone. Also having a familiar face at Novacare would be nice for him

I know... I first saw the kid like 5 years ago, he was a beast on the field.  Played both ways.  You don't have to sell me on his ability, it's more selling the Eagles as the best spot for him. 

Daniel Jermiah has Pitts as the 3rd best prospect in the draft behind Lawrence and Chase. If he's gone I wouldn't kick Farley to the curb.

7 hours ago, stine said:

Just about everything you hear about teams now is a smoke screen. The fact we are hearing that makes me believe the opposite.

I think it’s just common knowledge honestly Eagles are going to look into QBs we don’t have a guy right now it’s that simple. 

We act like we have some massive investment in Hurts we don’t. On top of that Hurts didn’t play that great in his games. He had some good mobility but once teams figured that out he was a meh player. 

Now again the question becomes how do the Eagles view hurts and project his growth vs the possible available QBs in the draft. 

It might not be the popular but QB is a high probability for us at 6. Just fits the Eagles and the way they do things.

6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Plus the obvious thing of pairing a new coach with a new QB of his choice.

I mean yea but I’m already the unpopular opinion on the board being near the solo voice that we end up going QB with our top pick 

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

I think Wilson and Fields are gone before pick 6.  No way am I touching Lance.  

That is definitely a possibility but I don’t see the Jets going QB or ATL so IF they go before 6 will be a trade. Consider this as well 

Douglas and Howie have a great relationship and of the teams likely to trade up we are in the best spot at 6 

Same with ATL they only drop 2 spots if we come calling. 

I think we would rather sit and get our guy at 6 but Howie is in charge of this draft no checks and he likes or trade. I think this draft will be dull in terms of trades though why I think the QBs will fall to around 6-12ish range 

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yes, let's start the new era making the same mistakes as always

Mcnabb era was pretty good draft a QB in the top 10 went to a SB

Wentz era we ended up with a SB drafting a QB in the top 10 

I mean if the same mistake means getting a QB and going to the SB ok 

8 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I mean yea but I’m already the unpopular opinion on the board being near the solo voice that we end up going QB with our top pick 

No BG. I'm thinking same.  Just hoping not. 

Needing so much I just don't believe giving up picks to move up is the right move this draft and I've already stated my view of Fields. Sure, grab a QB later and a udfa, maybe grab a FA cheap or in a trade - why I wanted Wentz to Bears, get Foles and some picks. Who's to say a later rd QB couldn't give Hurts a run for his job? Or that Hurts will or won't improve? Thanks to our great contracts guy, we won't be doing a lot in FA, and we need starters at a lot of positions.

On 2/21/2021 at 1:43 AM, joemas6 said:

Not sure if this works but if not.... google  Birds of broad street Facebook videos   Its from Feb 15 video on Hurts.      Check out the 2nd to last throw, that was the one that should have been the pick 6 for the Saints on the weak throw on the out pattern towards the bottom of the screen.  

https://www.facebook.com/Birdsofbroadstreet1/videos/1919476054872362

Cannot agree more! Excellent assessment! 

I don’t watch much college football other than Boise State and BYU because they have become a great rivalry here. Zach Wilson has talent and he MIGHT turn out to be great, but he MUST learn to play SMART or he will not be available for it to matter. And the competition he played against in 2020 plain and simply SUCKED! He had an eternity to scout the field on almost every play. There will be a MAJOR adjustment for him with the speed of defenses, mark my word.

Kyle Pitts, TE from Florida....holy smokes he is impressive! I mean wow! I pick him if he is available at 6 no second thoughts. He is the best player I’ve seen on highlight clips from potential first round picks....not named Lawrence. Pitts impresses!

5 hours ago, eglz1 said:

Why mess with the "Gold Standard"?

IDK we have the TIN trophy down very well

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I know... I first saw the kid like 5 years ago, he was a beast on the field.  Played both ways.  You don't have to sell me on his ability, it's more selling the Eagles as the best spot for him. 

It would make it easier for me to lose Ertz lol. Like one coach said ,he is not a TE he is an offensive weapon. I'd like to have him on my side of the field, not have to defend him

4 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Daniel Jermiah has Pitts as the 3rd best prospect in the draft behind Lawrence and Chase. If he's gone I wouldn't kick Farley to the curb.

I'd take Parsons then if Pitts is gone,but he wont got in the top 3

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Hurts stats vs "golden boy" Wentz first 4 games is not that different, so once again I disagree. first for Wentz and a big cap hit when he sucked. Hurts round 2,similar stats, and arguably Wentz had a better team his first 4 starts no?????. So unless we get Lawernce, taking a QB first is beyond stupid

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Mcnabb era was pretty good draft a QB in the top 10 went to a SB

Wentz era we ended up with a SB drafting a QB in the top 10 

I mean if the same mistake means getting a QB and going to the SB ok 

Yeah, let's ignore the fact we had a much better more complete team in 2017 than we did in 2020(going downhill since 2017). Wonder what Hurts would do/have done if he was our rook QB in 2017. My guess is, with the team we had assembled, he would have won the same amount of games as Wentz. We have a round 2 QB putting up the same stats as Wentz's first 4, buit Wentz is a hero, Hurts is "mediocre"(despite the same stats as Wentz with a crappier team) only because we gave up the farm to get him.  Philly needs to make a statue of him and send it in good faith to the Colts

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Needing so much I just don't believe giving up picks to move up is the right move this draft and I've already stated my view of Fields. Sure, grab a QB later and a udfa, maybe grab a FA cheap or in a trade - why I wanted Wentz to Bears, get Foles and some picks. Who's to say a later rd QB couldn't give Hurts a run for his job? Or that Hurts will or won't improve? Thanks to our great contracts guy, we won't be doing a lot in FA, and we need starters at a lot of positions.

Thats my plan, Trask in 2 and White as a UDFA. Now you have 3 rooks on QB salary for min 3 years. If Lurie can't rebuild in 3 years he needs to sell the team

1 hour ago, Senhorcook said:

I don’t watch much college football other than Boise State and BYU because they have become a great rivalry here. Zach Wilson has talent and he MIGHT turn out to be great, but he MUST learn to play SMART or he will not be available for it to matter. And the competition he played against in 2020 plain and simply SUCKED! He had an eternity to scout the field on almost every play. There will be a MAJOR adjustment for him with the speed of defenses, mark my word.

Kyle Pitts, TE from Florida....holy smokes he is impressive! I mean wow! I pick him if he is available at 6 no second thoughts. He is the best player I’ve seen on highlight clips from potential first round picks....not named Lawrence. Pitts impresses!

Sen, have White and Zac as UDFA pick ups(either or). Either should instantly be better than  Duds was. Now you have a viable #3 who could compete for a 2 or higher later(aka no downside to doing this) if they suck,cut them

2 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

1-6- Pitts-TE(FL)   2-38- Trask-QB(FL)  3-70- Newsome-CB(Northwestern)  3-85(from Colts)- Baron Browning-ILB-OSU  5-134- Shi Smith-WR (this guy replaced Deebo at S. Carolina)  5-140-Larry Rountree- RB- (Mizz)   6-165- Chris Rumph-Edge(Duke)  7-198- Tariq Thompson-S (SD St.)     UDFA-  Bynum-CB(Cal)    Hutcherson-OG(S. Carolina)   Chris Evans-RB-Michigan  Mustafa Johnson-DL(Colorado)  Ian Book-QB(ND)    Now you have 3 QB's competing to start Hurts, Trask and Book(who would be our #3 for the moment. Hurts should start due to his small amount of real experience,however if one of these others can beat him out,good for us, or another possibility is Ertz for Foles trade to the Bears and put Book(or QB 3) on the PS. UDFA QB's besides Book are White(Memphis) and Thomas(App. St). Any of these 3 are better than Duds was

1 hour ago, Senhorcook said:

We agree on Pitts. I think Ham is there also. I had Smith at 6 until Ham pointed Pitts out and I researched him( I was in FL,saw him some,but never really delved into him until Ham pointed him out). Like you said -WOW. At this point,with this team as it stands, I see no reason to take a WR early. Great WR class, we don't need a star to overpay later,just give me someone who can play solid ball. Ward, Fulgham fine as BU's or maybe one starts. Decent WR's still aound in round 5, no need to reach for one and Pitts is as good as any WR on the board in my view

13 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

1-6- Pitts-TE(FL)   2-38- Trask-QB(FL)  3-70- Newsome-CB(Northwestern)  3-85(from Colts)- Baron Browning-ILB-OSU  5-134- Shi Smith-WR (this guy replaced Deebo at S. Carolina)  5-140-Larry Rountree- RB- (Mizz)   6-165- Chris Rumph-Edge(Duke)  7-198- Tariq Thompson-S (SD St.)     UDFA-  Bynum-CB(Cal)    Hutcherson-OG(S. Carolina)   Chris Evans-RB-Michigan  Mustafa Johnson-DL(Colorado)  Ian Book-QB(ND)    Now you have 3 QB's competing to start Hurts, Trask and Book(who would be our #3 for the moment. Hurts should start due to his small amount of real experience,however if one of these others can beat him out,good for us, or another possibility is Ertz for Foles trade to the Bears and put Book(or QB 3) on the PS. UDFA QB's besides Book are White(Memphis) and Thomas(App. St). Any of these 3 are better than Duds was

Sen, BTW this is the mock I have had for awhile now. Could make some tweaks, but I like this one

4 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I think it would be great comedy.   Where it's unpopular would be the locker room.  But guaranteed, just like everyone on here trying to find stuff on Hurts (he was great in junior high, he once helped an old lady cross the street, he has video game night at his house for team bonding ... he holds the state fair record for knocking down milk crates in the softball toss)  once the new guy gets drafted .... " dude check out this film on new guy, he's a steal at 6, at first I wasn't happy, but I read he once hit 43 shots in a row in a beer pong tournament, you can't pass up that accuracy, Siri nailed this pick!"  

Archived