Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

4 hours ago, jsb235 said:

One trade that makes a lot of sense to me is giving Chicago the #6 pick and getting 20, 52 and a #1 next year, which seems like a fair exchange for both sides.

Chicago is in the worst possible spot. They know that any decent qb isn't getting to pick 20, so they have to move up.

If Lance is available at 6, he makes a lot of sense for them. He is a project, but one with a lot of upside. They aren't beating Aarron Rodgers next year regardless of who their qb is, which makes trading for Russell Wilson less attractive. But Rodgers is likely done in GB after next season. And then you have a division with Jordan Love, Goff and Cousins, so Lance might be far and away the best qb. And if they draft a decent prospect, Robinson might be more inclined to stay.

For us, some possible prospects at 20 are Bateman and Toney at WR, and Horn, Barmore and Owusu-Koramoah on the defensive side of the ball. At 50, there are a ton of guys who make sense for us. More importantly, we would have a lot of draft capital next year. So we can either trade up to grab an elite prospect or just add a handful of decent ones.  

You don't think the coach and the GM are on the hot seat in Chicago?   Your idea seems more long term.  Idk if they have to beat Rodgers this year so much as maybe win a playoff game and look good.   Not sure this move would make sense for them.    A first year coach and GM though,  then it's perfect sense.  For the Eagles, I like it... potentially 3 first round picks next year, and you figure with a " project " at QB for Chicago.... that pick should be at worst in the mid teens.   With pushing more money down the road with these aging vets, the more draft picks we can land on these next couple of years the better.  

3 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Though the idea of 3 first rounders next year is exciting I highly doubt we would make this trade. 

I doubt Chicago makes the trade

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

Or the fact that the players get their money up front instead of waiting... can still get traded, released or retire... and it helps the Eagles get under the cap right now?   Both of these guys are entrenched in the community for a decade, they took their last big pay day, not a hard decision.  If both parties agree to a release or trade later, still works out for both sides.   I'm sure intentions are legit at the moment, but imagine the real life scenario of a worker age 63 or 64 ...getting his next year or two salary up front, but also getting a raise.  Why would they turn it down?  

22 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I doubt Chicago makes the trade

It will be interesting to see what they do. I think their only two options are Wilson or trading up. And I think trading up is a far better one, and Lance would be a good fit for them. And while they have a "win now" mandate, they are a playoff team despite whiffing on the qb position, so the staff has made a lot of good decisions to make up for one very bad one. So if ownership is willing to give them one year, why not two? And there is a legit scenario where Lance is good right away. 

The price is fair, and I think if they don't make a move for Wilson before the draft, trading up is a real possibility. 

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

It will be interesting to see what they do. I think their only two options are Wilson or trading up. And I think trading up is a far better one, and Lance would be a good fit for them. And while they have a "win now" mandate, they are a playoff team despite whiffing on the qb position, so the staff has made a lot of good decisions to make up for one very bad one. So if ownership is willing to give them one year, why not two? And there is a legit scenario where Lance is good right away. 

The price is fair, and I think if they don't make a move for Wilson before the draft, trading up is a real possibility. 

Idk... A college prospect is just that, a prospect.  Tribudky put up 28 points per game... 12 more than Foles.  They had that at least,  it wasn't terrible at QB for them other than Foles.    Giving up all that, for hopefully a sideways move?  Idk.  I think they need a vet or something to win now, not only for coach and GM, but for some of the aging players on D.   

And as far as a rookie bringing more interest from Allen Robinson to return, logic says he would want to play in a more established situation.  It should be his big pay day too.   I would do it as an Eagles fan for sure, don't see it from Chicago.    Right now we always look at these college kids as better than they are, forgetting the huge adjustment needed to play in the NFL.  

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Giving up all that, for hopefully a sideways move? 

A sideways move? I mean Trubisky is a terrible QB I don't think it's a sideways move. 

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Though the idea of 3 first rounders next year is exciting I highly doubt we would make this trade. 

I highly doubt Chicago would

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

A sideways move? I mean Trubisky is a terrible QB I don't think it's a sideways move. 

Who won more game last year(thru the 10 Mitch played) us or the Bears??? Trubisky would have been  an UPGRADE for us over Wentz,so how terrible can he be??? Not saying he was great,but we're hardly in  a position to bash him

26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Who won more game last year(thru the 10 Mitch played) us or the Bears??? Trubisky would have been  an UPGRADE for us over Wentz,so how terrible can he be??? Not saying he was great,but we're hardly in  a position to bash him

Umm... That Bears D is legit a top D...

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess... how bad is Foles then...considering wins/ losses and points scored? 

Foles started against Indy, NO, Minnesota, Tampa, LA, Tennessee, and Carolina. Mitch started against NYG, Jax, Atlanta, Detroit twice, Houston, GB twice and Minnesota.

So Foles got four playoff teams in his seven starts, and Mitch got three teams picking in the top five of the draft (had Houston not traded its pick), three more picking in the top half of the draft, and one playoff team, who beat him twice.

Not exactly a fair comparison.  

24 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Foles started against Indy, NO, Minnesota, Tampa, LA, Tennessee, and Carolina. Mitch started against NYG, Jax, Atlanta, Detroit twice, Houston, GB twice and Minnesota.

So Foles got four playoff teams in his seven starts, and Mitch got three teams picking in the top five of the draft (had Houston not traded its pick), three more picking in the top half of the draft, and one playoff team, who beat him twice.

This excuse didn't work for Wentz in 2018, when he played the tougher teams with Josh Adam's, scored more points..  Foles was God as he led our defense to force Rams fumbles and the Houston secondary to miss 3 starters due to injury.   So the excuses don't fly... not if you want to be a starter. 

Like I said, win now mode won't be a rookie QB for the Bears.  But I would call the trade in without hesitation if they want to give me that for pick 6.  The 2022 draft would look sweet with 3 first rounders, especially 2 of the teams not making the playoffs.   I'm in 100% on that. 

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

So you knew who the playoff teams were in week 3? WOW!! At any rate noone said Trubisky was a god, but Wentz was worse. Wentz also led the league in picks and sacks while he wasn't even playing anymore

17 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So you knew who the playoff teams were in week 3? WOW!! At any rate noone said Trubisky was a god, but Wentz was worse. Wentz also led the league in picks and sacks while he wasn't even playing anymore

You'll need to explain this one

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So the discussion is about Chicago trading up to take the rookie QB.   The idea I was brining up was their QB play was really bad for 7 games with Foles, who was 2-5 and averaged 16 points per game... the last game scoring 13 (with a kickoff return for a TD, a punt return in FG range, and an INT return in FG range where both of those series were 3 and outs before the FG.  That;s the game he got hurt at the end like he usually does every year after playing more than a handful of games.  Tribusky put up like 28 points per game, when their defense was giving up more points in those games.    My idea was that if they look to upgrade, a rookie that performs at that level (which we don't eve know a rookie can) would be a sideways move.  They are looking for a clear upgrade... a clear one.   The idea that it may draw Allen Robinson back in free agency?   IDK, you would think he would want to play with a vet?   Also Free agency starts like 6 weeks before the draft.  He is pretty much the top WR with TY ... not sure he will even last past the tampering period?      This has nothing to do with Wentz vs Tribusky, which I'm sure if they swap teams, with Montgomery, Graham and Robinson there on a consistent basis would be much better than out 2020 situation.  But it's about the Tribusky vs the unknow rookie at 6.  IDK if that works for Chicago's coach and GM who are on the hot seat.     But I take that for the Eagles all day if they want to give us 20, 50 and next year's 1st rounder (the one they get with a rookie and Nick Foles at QB.)    Imagine the first round if both the Eagles and Bears are both 8 wins tops, and Indy loses first round of the playoffs?     Say picks 15,16 and 24.   Not to mention having picks 37 and 50 this year, with 2 more picks in round 3.    Look how much you can invest in both lines plus other holes with that haul!!!!    That's a no brainer for a rebuilding team.  

For Reference.... Chicago defense...  points they gave up each game

7 games that Foles started weeks 4 -10   ... 19,19,16, 24,26,24, 19  ...  147 .... 21 points per game

9 with Tribusky starting  ......    23,13,26, 41,34, 7, 27,17,35    ... 223 points .... basically 25 points per game ... with their 2 lowest games really skewing the numbers.

Foles was the QB to bring down the average really bad...  scoring  11, 20 ,23,  10, 23 , 17 and 13  (this last one basically being gifted 13 points) That's a lot of below 20, not good in today's NFL.  

Tribusky ...  ..27,17,30, 25, 30, 36, 33, 41, 16.      ... 6 of his 9 games he scored more than Foles best game.  While the D was giving up more points.   

Like I said, IDK if a rookie can put up those points, but he would have to do it in a better fashion to be a clear upgrade and more than just a sideways move for 2021.  Will be harder to do without Robinson ...which right now will be a tough resigning, since they are showing over $6 mil over the cap and have the 7th least cap space in the league.  They have a bunch of guys they can restructure though, so who knows,    If they call the Eagles for pick 6 and offer their 2nd and next year's 1st to move up... I'm in.  Pick 20 is still a good pick to start with and day 2 with 4 picks is a great start for a rebuild.  

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I guess... how bad is Foles then...considering wins/ losses and points scored? 

Bad. Foles is a bad QB outside of Philly. 

A ranking of corners that has some interesting tidbits.

Harris' 2021 NFL Draft Top 10 CB Rankings — March | The Draft Network

For one, this guy only has Farley as being worth a first-round pick, which is pretty interesting. He has five corners with second round grades - Surtain, Horn, Molden, Adebo and Newsome, and only one with a third round grade, Campbell from Georgia, so seven in all with third round grades or better.

Meanwhile, SI has 14 corners with third round grades or better, the same number as Tankathon, and PFF has 16.

I think it is the most interesting position, both because we have such a huge need and because scouts are all over the place with how they view certain prospects. It seems like if there was ever a year to get someone really good at the position in one of the later rounds, this would be it.

I am hoping they take a corner in the second round (Newsome, Samuel, Stokes) and then draft another one relatively early as well. Kelvin Joseph, Keith Taylor and Benjamin St. Juste would make a lot of sense with the second pick in the third round.

A draft of Pitts, Samuel Jr., Cox and St. Juste in the first three rounds would make me really happy.

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I am hoping they take a corner in the second round (Newsome, Samuel, Stokes) and then draft another one relatively early as well. Kelvin Joseph, Keith Taylor and Benjamin St. Juste would make a lot of sense with the second pick in the third round.

Been saying day 2 is the strength of the Cb class not a fan of the top guys don’t think they are worthy top 10 picks or even 15 really. Why I  got us going CB in the 2nd 

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

For Reference.... Chicago defense...  points they gave up each game

7 games that Foles started weeks 4 -10   ... 19,19,16, 24,26,24, 19  ...  147 .... 21 points per game

9 with Tribusky starting  ......    23,13,26, 41,34, 7, 27,17,35    ... 223 points .... basically 25 points per game ... with their 2 lowest games really skewing the numbers.

Foles was the QB to bring down the average really bad...  scoring  11, 20 ,23,  10, 23 , 17 and 13  (this last one basically being gifted 13 points) That's a lot of below 20, not good in today's NFL.  

Tribusky ...  ..27,17,30, 25, 30, 36, 33, 41, 16.      ... 6 of his 9 games he scored more than Foles best game.  While the D was giving up more points.   

Like I said, IDK if a rookie can put up those points, but he would have to do it in a better fashion to be a clear upgrade and more than just a sideways move for 2021.  Will be harder to do without Robinson ...which right now will be a tough resigning, since they are showing over $6 mil over the cap and have the 7th least cap space in the league.  They have a bunch of guys they can restructure though, so who knows,    If they call the Eagles for pick 6 and offer their 2nd and next year's 1st to move up... I'm in.  Pick 20 is still a good pick to start with and day 2 with 4 picks is a great start for a rebuild.  

I didn't say I wouldn't take the deal,I said I DOUBT Chicago would. Heck they can probably get like Cam Newton or Brissett. The Bears aren't 1 QB away from a SB either,So I really can't see them giving up years of draft capital and multiple picks to be as mediocre as we are. But like PT Barnum said.............

3 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

Gocha. I misunderstood your post.

I mean if you get pulled for 4 games,you shouldn't still hang onto those crap stats. He built up enough BS, he could take 4 games off and STILL lead the league(lol)

58 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

A ranking of corners that has some interesting tidbits.

Harris' 2021 NFL Draft Top 10 CB Rankings — March | The Draft Network

For one, this guy only has Farley as being worth a first-round pick, which is pretty interesting. He has five corners with second round grades - Surtain, Horn, Molden, Adebo and Newsome, and only one with a third round grade, Campbell from Georgia, so seven in all with third round grades or better.

Meanwhile, SI has 14 corners with third round grades or better, the same number as Tankathon, and PFF has 16.

I think it is the most interesting position, both because we have such a huge need and because scouts are all over the place with how they view certain prospects. It seems like if there was ever a year to get someone really good at the position in one of the later rounds, this would be it.

A draft of Pitts, Samuel Jr., Cox and St. Juste in the first three rounds would make me really happy.

I have Newsome, but in round 3, Oweh in 2 because at this time, I have zero belief in Barnett and we need to start pressuring these opposing QB's

Archived