Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I've seen quite a few mocks having Chase to Miami.  But in that case I think you just swap Chase and Sewell goes to Cincy.  I'd be more than happy with Pitts at 6.  But knowing Howie, does he take Pitts there or does he go OL or DL?  

Million dollar question. with  the article I posted it just seems to me to fit perfectly with what Siri wants to do. I could see your scenario with that swap out, but I think cincy would want Chase and take an OT on day 2. Still some nice guys there for them. I have Oweh at 38, if he is there then remains to be seen.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah.. I wouldn't go that far though...lol.   But your reaction is why a big part of me doesn't want him to come here. Our fan base is ridiculous when it comes to expectations of top picks.   Really in every sport.

LOL ok forget Calvin, I would be fine with Travis Kelce on my roster

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Million dollar question. with  the article I posted it just seems to me to fit perfectly with what Siri wants to do. I could see your scenario with that swap out, but I think cincy would want Chase and take an OT on day 2. Still some nice guys there for them. I have Oweh at 38, if he is there then remains to be seen.

But who do you have at 37?

SO my question then becomes "is Hurts as good as Trask"????? I think he is at least on par with him

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

But who do you have at 37?

Oweh-edge

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL ok forget Calvin, I would be fine with Travis Kelce on my roster

You think ... lol.  Such low expectations to put on a kid. 

Looking at FA not sure what the Eagles will have to play with if anything but an interesting name at WR Curtis Samuel

My day 2 picks are Oweh,then Newsome at CB and Browning at ILB

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Looking at FA not sure what the Eagles will have to play with if anything but an interesting name at WR Curtis Samuel

I like both your other choices in Mack and Hooker

Oweh is the edge rusher from Penn St

Pitts, Oweh,Newsome, Browning are my first 4

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

My day 2 picks are Oweh,then Newsome at CB and Browning at ILB

I like both your other choices in Mack and Hooker

Hooker and Mack make a ton of sense for us both should come on prove it deals and both know the systems of our coaches. 

Get a nice pairing with Sanders/Scott and a S that could end up a steal of FA if he can stay healthy

14 minutes ago, stine said:

also, I DO NOT THINK Miami takes Sewell at 3. They either go WR or Parsons. They most likely will address Tackle with their 18th pick. At least that is my guess. It they do draft Sewell, then Cincinnati may well go Pitts at 5, or Chase.... Will be interesting

Having one of either Chase or Pitts on the board for us at 6 is a great situation.  Just have to wonder if Howie will go in a different direction.  Repeat of last year when everyone thought he was going to take Jefferson then surprised us all and took Reagor.  

15 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think your top 5 is good... I think good possibility that it's another team other than the Jets taking the QB 2.  That might eliminate the 3rd QB going before us though.  But I still think good chance multiple teams will trade ahead of us which means 3 QBs go.  

I just don't think we draft Pitts.  Because again, you are looking at it like what you would do... I'm looking at it what I think the Eagles do.   To me, I see them trying to trade back, but if they pick at 6... hard for me to see them go with an offensive skill guy.  I lean with BG... QB or linemen. 

But I think right now Howie and co absolutely want to trade back and get a linemen. I just think it's DL

I think you (and BG) are likely right.  As always with Howie making the call, I'm prepared to be disappointed on draft day.  

6 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Hooker and Mack make a ton of sense for us both should come on prove it deals and both know the systems of our coaches. 

Get a nice pairing with Sanders/Scott and a S that could end up a steal of FA if he can stay healthy

Yep, I said I liked those right after you called it lol If I get Pitts,my WR/receiver woes have dropped considerably

8 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Yeah I also have Wiggins the S from Cincy Bearcats as my 6 pick,in the event Hooker can't go later

23 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think your top 5 is good... I think good possibility that it's another team other than the Jets taking the QB 2.  That might eliminate the 3rd QB going before us though.  But I still think good chance multiple teams will trade ahead of us which means 3 QBs go.  

I just don't think we draft Pitts.  Because again, you are looking at it like what you would do... I'm looking at it what I think the Eagles do.   To me, I see them trying to trade back, but if they pick at 6... hard for me to see them go with an offensive skill guy.  I lean with BG... QB or linemen. 

But I think right now Howie and co absolutely want to trade back and get a linemen. I just think it's DL

I could see alot of scenarios with the 2 pick. ATL could trade up to 2(Jets trade back) then Carolina could trade up to the Jets (now4 pick) so the Jets could trade back twice if they are really sold on Darnold. Or carolina could just move to 2,but that would cost them more

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yep, I said I liked those right after you called it lol If I get Pitts,my WR/receiver woes have dropped considerably

Are you off getting a QB with pick 37 now?  

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Are you off getting a QB with pick 37 now?  

Yeah, I would still get some young guys in here for competition and maybe a semi decent vet BU. I would be fine with Brady White as a UDFA,or Zac THomas,but I relly think Howies needs his ego groomed so he goes all in with Hurts

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

I could see alot of scenarios with the 2 pick. ATL could trade up to 2(Jets trade back) then Carolina could trade up to the Jets (now4 pick) so the Jets could trade back twice if they are really sold on Darnold. Or carolina could just move to 2,but that would cost them more

I don't see ATL trading up, but more so because we differ on their need to draft a QB.  I'm a finish the puzzle guy before going for backups.  They sit in a prime spot at 4...to either take a really good player or trade back.  

Carolina is who I think will move up to #2.. if any team makes the move. 

Drafting a QB at 6 makes him the instant starter and creates yet another QB drama which I dont think we need right now

I don't see ATL trading up, but more so because we differ on their need to draft a QB.  I'm a finish the puzzle guy before going for backups.  They sit in a prime spot at 4...to either take a really good player or trade back.  

Carolina is who I think will move up to #2.. if any team makes the move. 

ATl is a possibility at QB. Only they really know. IDK how much gas in the tank they feel Ryan has. Still think they trade back with Carolina at 4

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah, I would still get some young guys in here for competition and maybe a semi decent vet BU

If it were me..  I want another running QB.  Go all in with one style so that the offense doesn't change.  On top of the cultural differences,  the differences in style between Wentz and Hurts was stupid to have on the same team.   Gotta be able to do the same things when one guy goes out.  Tyrod Taylor or Brissett need to be targets, or whoever backs up Lamar if he is available.   

With that said... you know a big tall slow guy is coming as the #2.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

ATl is a possibility at QB. Only they really know. IDK how much gas in the tank they feel Ryan has. Still think they trade back with Carolina at 4

at 8 ATL still has a TON of options. One of the top 3/4 WR's will be there, Parsons may be there or  possibly they take a mac Jones there to groom as Ryans replacement? IDK

If it were me..  I want another running QB.  Go all in with one style so that the offense doesn't change.  On top of the cultural differences,  the differences in style between Wentz and Hurts was stupid to have on the same team.   Gotta be able to do the same things when one guy goes out.  Tyrod Taylor or Brissett need to be targets, or whoever backs up Lamar if he is available.   

Agree with the QB thing, Brady White from Memphis fits that bill and should be a UDFA

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah, I absolutely think Carolina ends up picking 2, 3 or 4

Thats possible lol

Yeah, I absolutely think Carolina ends up picking 2, 3 or 4

My call as well, I don;t think they can put this off another year

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Lots of talk the Eagles are interested in Mariota I’m assuming if he gets released lol just to add to al the fun 

IMO this guy is better than Suds already. He likes to throw first,but has NP taking off

Archived