Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Of all the teams, I think Cincy is the one that has the highest chance to stay put.  Although I can see your point of view in thinking the Jets just want to trade out, and Cincy solely focused on the OT . I just think if I'm them, i'm getting a playmaker at 5 if I stay... or I can trade down and get more.

Agree, they aren't in a position to give up picks

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah but if he falls to 10 or 11.  You are going to flip out with that result. 

I would smack Howie if I had the chance

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Of all the teams, I think Cincy is the one that has the highest chance to stay put.  Although I can see your point of view in thinking the Jets just want to trade out, and Cincy solely focused on the OT . I just think if I'm them, i'm getting a playmaker at 5 if I stay... or I can trade down and get more.

Jets in a good spot here if they stick with Darnold They could trade back with ATL to 4,then trade back again with Carolina to 8 and get alot of picks in the process 

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Jets in a good spot here if they stick with Darnold They could trade back with ATL to 4,then trade back again with Carolina to 8 and get alot of picks in the process 

IDK,they just seem to want to move on from Darnold

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

But why would ATL trade up from 4 to 2?   I just don't see these trade ups for anything but a QB? 

But why would ATL trade up from 4 to 2?   I just don't see these trade ups for anything but a QB? 

Well,they will have to think about replacing Ryan at some point, so maybe they see their future with Wilson? IDK how they feel about Ryan 2 years from now. If they like Fields they could stay at 4 but I see carolina taking that 4 pick. I'm just saying the Jets could do a double trade back if ATL was QB hungry

In thinking about Kelce coming back, it is pretty huge for the team. I think they like Juriga, but probably didn't want to hand the reins over to him at this point, so another year gives them time to assess his progress. I think he will be the starter in 2022, along with Herbig at RG for Brooks. Lane probably has three years left, and that fits nicely with Driscoll being the swing tackle for that period.

I do think the team has to make a Dillard/Mailata decision. It doesn't have to be right now, but by the end of the preseason they should look at trading one of them.

41 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well,they will have to think about replacing Ryan at some point, so maybe they see their future with Wilson? IDK how they feel about Ryan 2 years from now. If they like Fields they could stay at 4 but I see carolina taking that 4 pick. I'm just saying the Jets could do a double trade back if ATL was QB hungry

You are the GM of ATL... in this particular draft,  you have pick 4.  Do you trade up for a QB?

Team no name has now ended their cheerleading squad for something "more inclusive" HAHAHA. So the new name is the Washington Wuss-print the jerseys!!!!

30 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You are the GM of ATL... in this particular draft,  you have pick 4.  Do you trade up for a QB?

NO, then again I don't have my finger on Ryans pulse. I make the trade back with Carolina

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Team no name has now ended their cheerleading squad for something "more inclusive" HAHAHA. So the new name is the Washington Wuss-print the jerseys!!!!

NO, then again I don't have my finger on Ryans pulse. I make the trade back with Carolina

Right, If I actually trade up for a QB... I am also looking to trade Ryan.  Gotta go all in with one strategy or the other... especially if you pass up a guy like Pitts right?  

11 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right, If I actually trade up for a QB... I am also looking to trade Ryan.  Gotta go all in with one strategy or the other... especially if you pass up a guy like Pitts right?  

Yeah some teams like to groom a QB for a year or 2, others like to toss them into the fire. SO they could still take a QB at 4. Depends on how they feel about Ryans future. Like GB takes their time with their next QB,the Jets just toss them in

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We should have kept Warren

Warren?  Who’s that?

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Warren?  Who’s that?

I thought we took him for our PS and released him? Could be wrong. The RB from Cincinatti(with the no names now)

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah some teams like to groom a QB for a year or 2, others like to toss them into the fire. SO they could still take a QB at 4. Depends on how they feel about Ryans future. Like GB takes their time with their next QB,the Jets just toss them in

Green Bay doesn't pick at #4 though.... much different at the end of round one... hypothetically, do you think they take Love if they picked 4 last year?  I don't see it.  But then you could say ATL is picking 4 on their own merit.  But for me, I'm not " grooming"  a pick at 4 and especially if I trade up to #2.  I get rid of Ryan and try to get some value for him and totally move on.  

Green Bay doesn't pick at #4 though.... much different at the end of round one... hypothetically, do you think they take Love if they picked 4 last year?  I don't see it.  But then you could say ATL is picking 4 on their own merit.  But for me, I'm not " grooming"  a pick at 4 and especially if I trade up to #2.  I get rid of Ryan and try to get some value for him and totally move on.  

Ryan isn't Favre or Rodgers either lol. I have no clue what they are thinking. I agree though if I am picking in the top 1/2 my first pick better be starting

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Michael Warren

Warren didn't see to have what it takes, but Holyfield is still around and it will be interesting to see if the new regime is more willing to give him a chance. He is really good at picking up rushers, can pick up tough yards on third and short, catches the ball well and hits the hole like a freight train. He lacks breakaway speed, but checks all the other boxes for a third down back.

Someone must have not liked him to keep him on the bench last year, but I wonder how the new regime will feel. 

6 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Warren didn't see to have what it takes, but Holyfield is still around and it will be interesting to see if the new regime is more willing to give him a chance. He is really good at picking up rushers, can pick up tough yards on third and short, catches the ball well and hits the hole like a freight train. He lacks breakaway speed, but checks all the other boxes for a third down back.

Someone must have not liked him to keep him on the bench last year, but I wonder how the new regime will feel. 

Not really sold on him either. I'd like to pick up Mack as a FA and take at least a late round RB. I have Rountree in 5. We need to pick up the RB competition.I think Clement goes away. He's been falling off the pace even with Duce here

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Why do they "seem to want" Sewell??? Im sure Burrow is pushing for Chase and putting his back into it 

Idk read a ton of things they are focused on landing Sewell could be smoke but makes sense they want the best T possible to protect there QB 

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Idk read a ton of things they are focused on landing Sewell could be smoke but makes sense they want the best T possible to protect there QB 

I keep saying they can get that guy on day 2,they dont need to spend a first, the fall off from 1/2 with linemen isn't that much

Honestly this draft is up in the air could go lots of ways but I think the QB is lot more hype and smoke to drum up a trade market. At the same time think teams will be less likely to want to pay a premium to move up because of this offseason. 

If teams are moving around I think it because there is a massive discount basically to move up. 

CIncy-Chase, OT on day 2. Dont need to move to do that. Now you  have an instant chemistry weapon for Burrow and a decent enough guy to protect him

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

I keep saying they can get that guy on day 2,they dont need to spend a first, the fall off from 1/2 with linemen isn't that much

That is your opinion though Sewell is hands and shoulders the best T if I’m Cincy I would want the best T possible to protect Joe. If the cost was a 1 & 2 yea I’d pass but if the cost was a 1& 3 or 4th I’m strongly considering it 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

That is your opinion though Sewell is hands and shoulders the best T if I’m Cincy I would want the best T possible to protect Joe. If the cost was a 1 & 2 yea I’d pass but if the cost was a 1& 3 or 4th I’m strongly considering it 

Of course it's my opinion lol just like everyone has an opinion If the fins stay with Tua,they will take Sewell

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Of course it's my opinion lol just like everyone has an opinion If the fins stay with Tua,they will take Sewell

And that why I think Cincy might want to jump them for Sewell... Again it all comes down how high Cincy is on Sewell or if the stories are all smoke 

5 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Cincy is not in the position to give up picks, that would be really DUMB to do

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

And that why I think Cincy might want to jump them for Sewell... Again it all comes down how high Cincy is on Sewell or if the stories are all smoke 

WOuld you "sell the farm" to move up for Sewell if you were Philly??

Archived