Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Cincy is not in the position to give up picks, that would be really DUMB to do

Cincy is in a perfect spot to give up picks. They have a WR core good young group. They have a RB and QB what they need is to protect Joe. Getting the best T possible is massive for them 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Cincy is in a perfect spot to give up picks. They have a WR core good young group. They have a RB and QB what they need is to protect Joe. Getting the best T possible is massive for them 

LOL right they were SB BOUND last year? Did I miss that?

If cincy did want a playmaker I would think TE like Pitts they have Boyd and Higgins two really good young WRs pair that with a possible elite TE 

LOL right they were SB BOUND last year? Did I miss that?

But Carolina can give up picks they are SB bound they are in position to move up???? Or NE or numerous other teams.... Cincy takes a massive leap if they can protect Joe Burrow 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

If cincy did want a playmaker I would think TE like Pitts they have Boyd and Higgins two really good young WRs pair that with a possible elite TE 

Yeah,I also said they could hold us hostage. I would give up my 6th to move to 5 and i also said cincy would be smart to squeeze us for that

But Carolina can give up picks they are SB bound they are in position to move up???? Or NE or numerous other teams.... Cincy takes a massive leap if they can protect Joe Burrow 

Carolina can't wait on  QB any longer,cincy already has theirs

Honestly the more I look at this draft the more I don’t see a playmaker falling us easily see Chase/Smith/Pitts all gone by 6 I see that as way more likely then 3 QBs going 

3 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

But they just CANT protect Burrow with a day 2 OT? May as well just have 1 round of the draft and go home lol

Jets go Chase Miami/Cincy going Smith and ATL going Pitts 

But they just CANT protect Burrow with a day 2 OT?

They can’t get a WR day 2 for Burrow??? I don’t think Chase falls to them eithe r

Let’s not talk about how they have Boyd and Higgins 

3 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Honestly the more I look at this draft the more I don’t see a playmaker falling us easily see Chase/Smith/Pitts all gone by 6 I see that as way more likely then 3 QBs going 

I dont see that at all

Jets go Chase Miami/Cincy going Smith and ATL going Pitts 

They can’t get a WR day 2 for Burrow??? I don’t think Chase falls to them eithe r

Let’s not talk about how they have Boyd and Higgins 

LMAO OH no ties to Chase for Burrow??? OK

I dont see that at all

Of course not your overly high on QBs going.... But I don’t see Jets going QB if they can’t trade they go playmaker in my eyes.... ATL I don’t see going QB at 4 they go play maker at 4...

Teams I see most likely to trade up to take a QB Philly and Carolina 

Of course not your overly high on QBs going.... But I don’t see Jets going QB if they can’t trade they go playmaker in my eyes.... ATL I don’t see going QB at 4 they go play maker at 4...

Yes we know you dont see it,thats not my fault

Then you better trade Hurts because your round 1 QB pick WILL start

That would be just ducky if DUllaz got Pitts lol

12 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Idk read a ton of things they are focused on landing Sewell could be smoke but makes sense they want the best T possible to protect there QB 

Cincy has to grab a tackle. They have Sample at TE, Boyd and Higgins at WR and Mixon at RB. Meanwhile their oline is a disaster. They could easily draft three linemen with their first three picks, and each guy would be a candidate to start.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yes we know you dont see it,thats not my fault

Then you better trade Hurts because your round 1 QB pick WILL start

I wouldn’t be against it let hurts have a decent preseason rookie strong preseason get another pick boom 

11 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I would be shocked if Atlanta took an offensive weapon at 4. They had the fifth best passing offense last year. Meanwhile they had the worst passing defense. It doesn't take Vince Lombardi to figure out what their biggest need is.

9 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I would be shocked if Atlanta took an offensive weapon at 4. They had the fifth best passing offense last year. Meanwhile they had the worst passing defense. It doesn't take Vince Lombardi to figure out what their biggest need is.

I can’t see a DB that high and not sure they go Parsons can’t see QB at 4 either.... Again they are a team I think wants to trade down but if they stuck at 4 think they go playmaker 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

IDK... I'm assuming you are counting AJ Green in there ... but I wouldn't long term.   I agree I would take Sewell if her was there.... just hard for me to see them just not let it come to them.. and keep the extra pick and just take Chase or Pitts there to go along with the other weapons.  Sewell might be the best now... but is his impact that much better than adding he prime weapon, plus keeping the extra pick?  IDK?  I'm assuming part of his value is his age isn't it?  Like the potential, or was he just that dominant in college?   

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

This is the scenario that I feel the Eagles want to happen... with QB 3 sitting right there at 6 and all the 3 playmakers off the board... then the trade back is an easier sell to the fans... but also is taking the QB you want.    But also... means a trade up for a QB could happen there.  If there are rumblings of teams looking to climb Carolina... maybe we get a nice offer to move back 2 slots.... trade 1.   Position to start taking #2 OL or #1 DL.... plus the CBs.   Still in position to move down again, if the 3rd QB taken was not the one SF or NE wants and they want to climb Denver.... who knows?    Will be interesting, but I think that is what the Eagles would want the top 5 to look like.  

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The guy we got from FL knows all about the FL players and there are many on the O side Pitts, Toney, Grimes, Trask all come to mind. They can pick his "insider info" brain. I like either Shi Smith(SC) or Grimes(FL) in round 5 and since there is no combine this year,it may behoove us to grab Grimes,simply because we have a coach who knows him well and he did a nice job in the Senior Bowl.

Our QB coach from FL has much more insight than just his guys. I’d really tap in to his knowledge of the whole SEC. Had to gameplan against all those defensive players.

One trade that makes a lot of sense to me is giving Chicago the #6 pick and getting 20, 52 and a #1 next year, which seems like a fair exchange for both sides.

Chicago is in the worst possible spot. They know that any decent qb isn't getting to pick 20, so they have to move up.

If Lance is available at 6, he makes a lot of sense for them. He is a project, but one with a lot of upside. They aren't beating Aarron Rodgers next year regardless of who their qb is, which makes trading for Russell Wilson less attractive. But Rodgers is likely done in GB after next season. And then you have a division with Jordan Love, Goff and Cousins, so Lance might be far and away the best qb. And if they draft a decent prospect, Robinson might be more inclined to stay.

For us, some possible prospects at 20 are Bateman and Toney at WR, and Horn, Barmore and Owusu-Koramoah on the defensive side of the ball. At 50, there are a ton of guys who make sense for us. More importantly, we would have a lot of draft capital next year. So we can either trade up to grab an elite prospect or just add a handful of decent ones.  

51 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

One trade that makes a lot of sense to me is giving Chicago the #6 pick and getting 20, 52 and a #1 next year, which seems like a fair exchange for both sides.

Chicago is in the worst possible spot. They know that any decent qb isn't getting to pick 20, so they have to move up.

If Lance is available at 6, he makes a lot of sense for them. He is a project, but one with a lot of upside. They aren't beating Aarron Rodgers next year regardless of who their qb is, which makes trading for Russell Wilson less attractive. But Rodgers is likely done in GB after next season. And then you have a division with Jordan Love, Goff and Cousins, so Lance might be far and away the best qb. And if they draft a decent prospect, Robinson might be more inclined to stay.

For us, some possible prospects at 20 are Bateman and Toney at WR, and Horn, Barmore and Owusu-Koramoah on the defensive side of the ball. At 50, there are a ton of guys who make sense for us. More importantly, we would have a lot of draft capital next year. So we can either trade up to grab an elite prospect or just add a handful of decent ones.  

I can't see this at all. Usually we are stuck in the "non stud" area of round 1. I'm taking a STUD at 6(which IMO unless it's Lawrence, a QB is not the one) while I have the chance. In fact, I really don't want to move much either way if I am Howie. If(ok with Howie it's always an if) we can nail the first 4 picks we're a long way towards a nice re build. If I moved I would use one of the 3rds  to trade back for an extra pick. I could see a trade down to 8 with Carolina,but that would drop Pitts in Detroits lap.(unless of course he is gone by then)

13 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Our QB coach from FL has much more insight than just his guys. I’d really tap in to his knowledge of the whole SEC. Had to gameplan against all those defensive players.

Yeah good point,I forgot about that angle. The point I was making was he already knows how to use them,what their weaknesses are. Remember we have coaches who have never coached at the NFL level, so they have plenty to learn. This would just be one little aspect of familiarity for them

OT- easy drink for St.Pattys day. Make a screwdriver, but instead of all OJ use 1/2 OJ and 1/2 blue Curacao. it makes it "Irish green" lol

4 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Though the idea of 3 first rounders next year is exciting I highly doubt we would make this trade. 

Archived