Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lots of talk the Eagles are interested in Mariota I’m assuming if he gets released lol just to add to al the fun 

my head hurts.......

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Thats possible lol

My call as well, I don;t think they can put this off another year

I would think Denver, SF and New England could trade up too... but those franchises don't seem to want to give up much.   Carolina to me seems the easy fit.   And really I think the teams at 2-4 could easily trade back without asking much... Detroit and these other 3 teams to me seem the only true competition as far as wanting to move up for a QB... I don't see Washington trading that far up.   These are the unknowns.. why BG has a point where there might not be much movement.  

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I would think Denver, SF and New England could trade up too... but those franchises don't seem to want to give up much.   Carolina to me seems the easy fit.   And really I think the teams at 2-4 could easily trade back without asking much... Detroit and these other 3 teams to me seem the only true competition as far as wanting to move up for a QB... I don't see Washington trading that far up.   These are the unknowns.. why BG has a point where there might not be much movement.  

Detroit has Goff, I believe they want a top young WR for him. If we passed on Pitts, they would snap him up

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

True, I keep thinking Belicheat wants Watson

3 minutes ago, stine said:

my head hurts.......

QBs is going to be a hot topic for Philly will be linked to everyone and anyone... Even if you don’t want to draft a guy we still only have 1 guy on roster at the moment so someone will be signed to "compete” 

OK, So Lawarence #1. Jets draft Wilson, Miami drafts Sewell, Atlanta either drafts a QB or trades back for more picks and Carolina Drafts a QB, Then What does Cincy do? Pitts, Chase or try and trade back for more draft capital? I am not sure there will be any takers in a trade, so they may go Pitts or Chase depending on whom they like more. So Pitts may be gone when we pick. Do the Eagles try and trade back or draft someone we do not like?

1 minute ago, stine said:

OK, So Lawarence #1. Jets draft Wilson, Miami drafts Sewell, Atlanta either drafts a QB or trades back for more picks and Carolina Drafts a QB, Then What does Cincy do? Pitts, Chase or try and trade back for more draft capital? I am not sure there will be any takers in a trade, so they may go Pitts or Chase depending on whom they like more. So Pitts may be gone when we pick. Do the Eagles try and trade back or draft someone we do not like?

Draft someone we don’t like lmao it’s Philly and Howie 

I just want Howie to buck the trend for one draft. Draft players that will help this team now! Chase, Pitts, Parsons or even a CB is better than a QB or a Tackle IMO. Take another starter round 2 and hopefully 2 possible starters round 3...... Do that one draft HR!  I won't say a bad word about you for the entire season!

Just another strong possibility Cincy trades up to #2 for Sewell. Cincy secure the best T to protect there QB 

If your the Jets you still land playmaker or QB at 5 

Just now, stine said:

I just want Howie to buck the trend for one draft. Draft players that will help this team now! Chase, Pitts, Parsons or even a CB is better than a QB or a Tackle IMO. Take another starter round 2 and hopefully 2 possible starters round 3...... Do that one draft HR!  I won't say a bad word about you for the entire season!

You definitely building up for a let down though the bigger concern shouldn’t be Howie in my eyes it’s Lurie and what he is saying. 

To change the subject for a second......  

My son-in-law just got word his brother may not make it thru the weekend. Liver is shot and coughing up blood. Let this be a lesson to all you big drinkers out there. Your liver can repair itself fast if you ever give it a chance to, but once it is shot, you are done drinking if you want a hope of getting better. His brother did quit for a few months and looked great!  then he went off the wagon for one day on New Year's Eve. Now he may not see Spring....

Very sad. I almost went that rout and was saved by a beautiful woman. She got me to quit. I still have 1 once in awhile but most days I drink water......

6 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

You definitely building up for a let down though the bigger concern shouldn’t be Howie in my eyes it’s Lurie and what he is saying. 

Yep. I am in for a huge let down my friend.... My life's story being a Philly fan

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Detroit has Goff, I believe they want a top young WR for him. If we passed on Pitts, they would snap him up

True, I keep thinking Belicheat wants Watson

Right... so Detroit has Goff, but ATL doesn't have Ryan?    You see what I'm saying... I would put Ryan ahead of Goff.  If Ryan got a weapon or whatever help, I would think ATL is a better team than Detroit is with Goff... and I like Goff.   But ATL trading back is more believable to me, in doing so, you gotta think they pass on the QB.    At this point it's not " we can trade down and still get "A" QB... it's about getting " THE"  QB.  

17 minutes ago, stine said:

I don't expect Cincy to trade... they are in prime position to just take Sewell, Chase or Pitts.   Most likely one if not 2 of them will be off the board... so I think they just make their selection.  

14 minutes ago, stine said:

Take away the names.... and this thought has been in my mind for 20 some years.  

13 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

BINGO!

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right... so Detroit has Goff, but ATL doesn't have Ryan?    You see what I'm saying... I would put Ryan ahead of Goff.  If Ryan got a weapon or whatever help, I would think ATL is a better team than Detroit is with Goff... and I like Goff.   But ATL trading back is more believable to me, in doing so, you gotta think they pass on the QB.    At this point it's not " we can trade down and still get "A" QB... it's about getting " THE"  QB.  

I think ATL wants a QB just not at 4 think they are a prime team to draft a QB day 2... If they stay at 4 they want a difference maker Pitts would make sense they got the Ravens TE think last year but if Pitts is as good as advertised clear upgrade then paired with Julio/Ridley/Gage at WR it’s basically pick your poison on how you want us to dissect you 

9 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I think ATL wants a QB just not at 4 think they are a prime team to draft a QB day 2... If they stay at 4 they want a difference maker Pitts would make sense they got the Ravens TE think last year but if Pitts is as good as advertised clear upgrade then paired with Julio/Ridley/Gage at WR it’s basically pick your poison on how you want us to dissect you 

Right.... maybe round 2... I would say Trask doesn;t get past them in round 2...   But I do not have them in the equation of taking a QB ahead of us.    Nor if they trade down right behind us.   

15 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Sorry BG... thought that was GB.... lol   My bad.  

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right.... maybe round 2... I would say Trask doesn;t get past them in round 2...   But I do not have them in the equation of taking a QB ahead of us.    Nor if they trade down right behind us.   

Believe two QBs go in the top 5 Lawrence at 1 and one of the trio of Wilson/Fields/Lance. 

54 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IMO this guy is better than Suds already. He likes to throw first,but has NP taking off

He'd be a solid pick to groom as a future backup.  Heck I'd even consider taking him in the 6th or 7th rather than competing with 31 other teams to sign him as a UDFA.  

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Right,you had listed Detroit as a possible team for  QB trade,so I was referring to that thinking there is no reason for them to move for QB.Maybe I took the post wrong. In either case if we pass on Pitts,they would snag him right after we pick(see another JJ pick lol)

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

He'd be a solid pick to groom as a future backup.  Heck I'd even consider taking him in the 6th or 7th rather than competing with 31 other teams to sign him as a UDFA.  

Sure if there is noone else around. He could be a 7th or 1 of the first UDFA's taken. I know we also like Zac Thomas from App St. That is a SMALL school,but they are cranking out players for some crazy reason.Must have a good staff there in dem hills lol. Another "off the wall" team I look at alot is Cincinnatti. The Bearcats come up with some nice.players for later rounds. even their RB is on my radar. But yeah,I could see a 7th pick for him for the reason you state. Would not bother me at all if we took White at 7 AND Thomas as a UDFA. Now you have 3 young guys on rook contracts. Don;t think it would be a stretch for White to be the #2 pretty much right off the bat and Thomas the #3. If Hurts went down,I think White could "cope" or we could snag a cheap FA vet

41 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Believe two QBs go in the top 5 Lawrence at 1 and one of the trio of Wilson/Fields/Lance. 

I think the big factor will be teams like Denver, SF and New England... on whether it's more than just 2 QBs.  To be honest... without a trade, it could possibly be just one QB.   Personally I feel Miami needs a QB... but that's my bias towards the running QB not being a guy you can ultimately win with... Miami, AZ, Baltimore ... I don't see it happening come playoff time.  Great for fantasy stats though.  

1 hour ago, stine said:

IDK that is the "risk" for me. If they take Pitts,then I would have to look at Chase/SMith or Parsons or maybe Paye(which would eff up my mock,but I would understand the pick) .I would also consider a move up to 5 which wont be too bad to get Pitts. They could pull our chain there, then take Chase at 6. Which if I was them I would do. That forces us to move up 1 and gives them some type additional pick. If they were smart they would do that and get their guy anyway at 6 instead of 5 with a little bonus kicker we would give them. I would give up a 6th pick to move from 6 to 5 JMO

Georgia CB Stokes apparently ran a 4.24 40 at his pro day. 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Just another strong possibility Cincy trades up to #2 for Sewell. Cincy secure the best T to protect there QB 

If your the Jets you still land playmaker or QB at 5 

Cincy needs pieces too,they aren't going to give that kind of draft capital up in my view to move to 2. They can get a VERY GOOD OT on day 2 if that is a concern for them. Not a HUGE difference between round 1 and 2 linemen. CIncy can go Chase in 1, take their LOT in 2 without giving up any draft capital

Archived