Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Norm or not, it was the best season of my entire life (to date). Whatever happened in 2016, whatever happened from 2018 to 2020, doesn't matter. I have 2017 to spoon with each night... err... that didn't come out quite right... :huh: 

I hear you bud. The winning is what mattered for sure. Truth is Wentz is all these things. The good and the bad, but the best part is he’s not the Eagles problem anymore.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I hear you bud. The winning is what mattered for sure. Truth is Wentz is all these things. The good and the bad, but the best part is he’s not the Eagles problem anymore.

I like him, I'll never speak too ill of him because of his role in 2017. But so long as he's not in an Eagles uniform, I can't root for him to succeed (unless it helps the Eagles). 

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I like him, I'll never speak too ill of him because of his role in 2017. But so long as he's not in an Eagles uniform, I can't root for him to succeed (unless it helps the Eagles). 

This year I rooted against the Colts, because them losing was beneficial to the Eagles. Now it doesn’t even matter anymore as long as he’s not playing against the Eagles. I could root for him if it helped the Eagles and I could root against him if it helps the Eagles.

I managed to watch the Colts game Today and Wentz was god awful, it was like watching him last season, going back to Reich has had no effect at all, we can talk about 2017 as an outlier and it almost certainly was but his collapse the last couple of years is about as stark as anything I can recall in football, he's nowhere near what he was even in 2019, I wonder if the concussion really did a number on his mental game, because he flat out stinks now.

They interviewed Peter King on the UK TV broadcast and he thinks there's a fair chance the Colts give up on him after one season.

9 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I managed to watch the Colts game Today and Wentz was god awful, it was like watching him last season, going back to Reich has had no effect at all, we can talk about 2017 as an outlier and it almost certainly was but his collapse the last couple of years is about as stark as anything I can recall in football, he's nowhere near what he was even in 2019, I wonder if the concussion really did a number on his mental game, because he flat out stinks now.

They interviewed Peter King on the UK TV broadcast and he thinks there's a fair chance the Colts give up on him after one season.

Frank Reich probably isn’t feeling too good about his job security being tied to this guy.

Reich pounded the table for the Colts to acquire Wentz, the Colts FO was split on Wentz from the beginning.

This will get ugly, especially if they draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd like Strong, Willis or Howell.

Wentz will have a QB mental breakdown all over again.

39 minutes ago, vaff said:

Frank Reich probably isn’t feeling too good about his job security being tied to this guy.

26 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Reich pounded the table for the Colts to acquire Wentz, the Colts FO was split on Wentz from the beginning.

This will get ugly, especially if they draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd like Strong, Willis or Howell.

Wentz will have a QB mental breakdown all over again.

:pizza:

This was probably the best possible outcome for this pick and I will fully admit I was wrong.

I thought Wentz wouldn't play enough for the conditions, either because of injury or sucking

As I was saying, records and team abilities don't mean sheet when playing in the division.... I was told jags was a guaranteed win

Hopefully we've heard the last of the whining about having dumped Wentz.

The Jagz? Really?

Amen.

41 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

As I was saying, records and team abilities don't mean sheet when playing in the division.... I was told jags was a guaranteed win

I don’t think the Colts beat the Jags at home in like three years. Nothing was guaranteed. 

Wentz playing the pathetic Jags in a win & in pressure scenario:

G1w.gif.5a3b463d409dbd7b5abec1b694578429.gif

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

NFL.com has Dolphins pick 15, Colts 16. We could be picking back to back.

Just now, NOTW said:

NFL.com has Dolphins pick 15, Colts 16. We could be picking back to back.

I’d be shocked to see the Eagles using all three picks in this draft. 

This worked out perfectly. Played good enough and stayed healthy to get the pick but totally chocked and got embarrassed in the game that mattered the most against the pathetic Jags and we get a higher pick.

49 minutes ago, Fresh_Prince said:

This was probably the best possible outcome for this pick and I will fully admit I was wrong.

I thought Wentz wouldn't play enough for the conditions, either because of injury or sucking

Luckily he was nice enough to wait until we already had the 1st to start playing terribly.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’d be shocked to see the Eagles using all three picks in this draft. 

Use 15 and 16 and trade 32?

:whistle: 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think the Colts beat the Jags at home in like three years. Nothing was guaranteed. 

Exactly

6 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Use 15 and 16 and trade 32?

:whistle: 

That would be 

A5B199E4-50AE-48DF-B1E3-E08A5BBE8C4E.jpeg

From Colts reddit:

"I wish we'd have gotten Minshew this past offseason but good lord how sad would it be to go to the Eagles for a QB again a year after trading a 1st rounder for Wentz?

Pain"

🤣😆🤣

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

From Colts reddit:

"I wish we'd have gotten Minshew this past offseason but good lord how sad would it be to go to the Eagles for a QB again a year after trading a 1st rounder for Wentz?

Pain"

🤣😆🤣

If they brought in an Eagles QB as competition he'd probably have a meltdown

1 hour ago, eaglegenius said:

Hopefully we've heard the last of the whining about having dumped Wentz.

The Jagz? Really?

Amen.

Remember, they didn't dump him. Little b*** baby quit.

37 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Remember, they didn't dump him. Little b*** baby quit.

He thought he could do better without the Eagles. He thought wrong. 

Archived