Minshew Mania: Eagles trade 2022 conditional 6th to Jags for Gardner Minshew

Agent23

20 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's all very interesting. Doesn't detract that Minshew is not a starter in the NFL and never will be. Why? Because he's actually not good enough. 

Neither is Hurts. I would love for him to prove me wrong but I doubt it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Neither is Hurts. I would love for him to prove me wrong but I doubt it

I don't deny or argue that. I hope he's the answer but I don't suspect he is. Doesn't mean throwing more below average talent at the position solves things. 

• Like 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't deny or argue that. I hope he's the answer but I don't suspect he is. Doesn't mean throwing more below average talent at the position solves things. 

No but at least Minshew is a more accurate qb and has better ball security which could help us win more games

4 hours ago, rrfierce said:

He’s pretty small isn’t he ?

If you're into measurables, he's the same height and weight and has bigger hands then Hurts. Hurts aka small hands

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Who authorized him to have #10, that belongs to a Legend!  @RememberTheKoy they are disrespecting your man!

hhpYt3.gif

That's one number 10 we can all forget about

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

No but at least Minshew is a more accurate qb and has better ball security which could help us win more games

If Hurts isn't the answer then the long term answer at QB is not on this roster. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If Hurts isn't the answer then the long term answer at QB is not on this roster. 

You are usually quite open-minded for these kind of players. How come are you so certain on this guy?:D

Edit: proven wrong was not the right wording. 

• Like 1

If you're a natural skeptic or hard to please when it comes to QBs, that's one thing, but the fact that the same guys who are covinced that Hurts is already a bust are psyched about Minshew is so rich with irony that it's comical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Both have some swag and flair, that's true.  Glad he gets your stamp of approval. 

gardnerminshew-minshew.gif

I bet you didn't expect that answer did you? I didn't and I thought it was beautifully put. 

1 hour ago, mihailo said:

You are usually quite open-minded for these kind of players. How come are you so certain on this guy?:D

Wait. You think Minshew is the answer..... bwahhhahhaaa

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Bottom line... Minshew isn't that good. 

Probably a little overrated, but obviously here in Philly he’s gonna hit godlike status. Tebowmania all over again. They don’t care if the guy can play or not. They just want him over the guy who took Carson’s spot. If Minshew has to play the Eagles aren’t going anywhere. Not that I’m all that sure any of these quarterbacks can take this roster anywhere. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Godfather said:

Winner. 🙄🙄🤦🏾‍♂️

1B0837F1-F5DE-43E4-8726-F5326447E5AD.jpeg

3 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

If you're a natural skeptic or hard to please when it comes to QBs, that's one thing, but the fact that the same guys who are covinced that Hurts is already a bust are psyched about Minshew is so rich with irony that it's comical.

Same dudes convinced Hurts can’t play after 4 games are creaming their pants thinking a guy after 23 games of mostly losing will win them something. 😂 I mean the Eagles paid a 6th for this dude and you would think he’s a top five pick. The Eagles paid a 6th cause nobody else wanted him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, judunno said:

Wait. You think Minshew is the answer..... bwahhhahhaaa

No, not at all. I know very little of the guy. Didn't watch him in college or at the Jags. I saw 1 highlight reel of him and don't have much of an opinion other than I think he is likely better than Mullens and little was given up for him. 

You are just projecting for absolutely no reason here.

I personally want to see how Hurts does and for the coaches to make the right judgement at the end and during the season and draft a QB if need be.

10 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Incredible that Minshew's TD to Int ratio in a brief starting gig for the Jags is a copper bottomed indication of starting quality in the complete opposite of the way that Foles games for the actual gosh darned Philadelphia Eagles was just an extended flash in the pan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mihailo said:

I just don't think he's very good. I could be wrong, I could be right. Hey I never rated Foles during for his first stint despite the stats. In some ways I was right about Foles as he's never really proven himself to be a good starter in the league. But at the same time I was very wrong because look at the glory he delivered us in Philly. 

• Like 1

I just don't think he's very good. I could be wrong, I could be right. Hey I never rated Foles during for his first stint despite the stats. In some ways I was right about Foles as he's never really proven himself to be a good starter in the league. But at the same time I was very wrong because look at the glory he delivered us in Philly. 

What is your opinion of Hurts and how it compares to Minshew?

1 minute ago, mihailo said:

What is your opinion of Hurts and how it compares to Minshew?

I like Hurts. I think he's got an interesting skill set that if he shows improvement and development he could be really good. But the reality is he probably isn't going to be the long term answer. But I do like him and he's an easy guy to get behind. 

• Like 1

I like Hurts. I think he's got an interesting skill set that if he shows improvement and development he could be really good. But the reality is he probably isn't going to be the long term answer. But I do like him and he's an easy guy to get behind. 

I'm on the same page with you regarding this. Minshew only interests me to determine if he was a flash in the pan or maybe there is more to him. Like you said it was most likely a lucky spell, but they should be able to determine more of him from practice. At the end of the day he should be better than Mullens, which doesn't hold much weight.

I really like Hurts' attitude, particularly his determined demeanor and willing to learn. Talent will only take one so far, but work ethic is key to sports.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Winner. 🙄🙄🤦🏾‍♂️

1B0837F1-F5DE-43E4-8726-F5326447E5AD.jpeg

You're right. Let's ignore Hurts 4 ints 4 fumbles and spectacular 52% completion percentage in those 4 games. Backup worthy

Let's dive a little deeper. Hurts 2nd half stats in those 4 games....29-60 for 368 yards 0 tds and 2 ints with a whopping 13 points scored

• Like 2

You're right. Let's ignore Hurts 4 ints 4 fumbles and spectacular 52% completion percentage in those 4 games. Backup worthy

No we shouldn’t ignore anything or ASSume a player can’t improve after 4 games. 🤦🏾‍♂️

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But I do like him and he's an easy guy to get behind. 

I'm sure he is

• Haha 2

On 8/28/2021 at 1:29 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Eagles fans prefer style over substance when it comes to QBs.

You know they love those "fiery” guys. 😂

• Like 1

Let's dive a little deeper. Hurts 2nd half stats in those 4 games....29-60 for 368 yards 0 tds and 2 ints with a whopping 13 points scored

🤣😂🤣 So not only do you want to judge Hurts on 4 games, now you only want to do it on half of them. 😂🤣😂🤣

• Like 1