Minshew Mania: Eagles trade 2022 conditional 6th to Jags for Gardner Minshew

Agent23

28 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Well, there's already a thread dedicated to how many games he'll start. Maybe I jumped the gun, but there sure seemed to be an awful lot of love pouring in for the guy as the future of the team, at least relative to Hurts. I'm just saying we need to give Hurts a fair chance. I feel like I'm back where I was with Foles 10 years ago. Everyone seemed to sell him short from the beginning.

Just take the simplistic view of it. Napoleon Dynamite won the Eagles their first Super Bowl. Uncle Rico can win them their second.

After a day, I see everything from Minshew will be the No. 3 at best to Minshew is going to be the franchise quarterback after Hurts falls flat on his face by October.

40 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the acquisition. I wholeheartedly approve of it. I just find the fans' enamoration with this guy as the future starter to be a bit amusing

I don’t bother to continue reading when anyone views him as something more than a high quality backup.

4 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

After a day, I see everything from Minshew will be the No. 3 at best to Minshew is going to be the franchise quarterback after Hurts falls flat on his face by October.

No one said he was going to be the franchise QB. Calm down.

37 minutes ago, Swoop said:

No one said he was going to be the franchise QB. Calm down.

Oh I don't think he is going to be anything more than a back up at best. I just found it fascinating listening to one sports DJ say he is going to be THE guy for years to come. And then an hour later listen to someone else say the guy is nothing more than a number 3.

Thinking on it for a day. Was it a great trade? Only considering giving up X for Y. Yes. Was it necessary? No. Is it more than likely a better use of whatever else we would use that pick for? Yes. 

And for a bonus, now we don’t have to give Andy Dalton $5M next year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Well, there's already a thread dedicated to how many games he'll start. Maybe I jumped the gun, but there sure seemed to be an awful lot of love pouring in for the guy as the future of the team, at least relative to Hurts. I'm just saying we need to give Hurts a fair chance. I feel like I'm back where I was with Foles 10 years ago. Everyone seemed to sell him short from the beginning.

I already said there was going to be Hurts vs Minshew debates like 10 min after it was announced.... I got a bunch of confused emojis like these morons don't realize they do this with every single damn QB that on this stupid team. Now look at it multiple Minshew threads and claims everywhere that he is already better then hurts lol. Clowns 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Thinking on it for a day. Was it a great trade? Only considering giving up X for Y. Yes. Was it necessary? No. Is it more than likely a better use of whatever else we would use that pick for? Yes. 

And for a bonus, now we don’t have to give Andy Dalton $5M next year. 

I heard on this very message board the going rate for a backup is 10 million

I'm afraid we have new Swagmaster in town now.  Step aside, Jalen.

DvHMwdBVYAI2L6a.jpg

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'm afraid we have new Swagmaster in town now.  Step aside, Jalen.

DvHMwdBVYAI2L6a.jpg

Jalen’s swag video guy better step his game up

28 minutes ago, downundermike said:

There is no answer to this. Jalen just has to take the L on this one

Is it really swag? It feels like he's trying too hard.

28 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Is it really swag? It feels like he's trying too hard.

Only people with no swag would say something like that

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I really take a lot of those passing stats with a grain of salt these gays. Reuben Frank loves to throw out a bunch of QB stats and their historical rankings in yardage, rating, etc. with no context. So, they look impressive on the surface, but the fact is that these stats are significantly skewed by how the passing game has been opened up and QBs are protected. 61% is not an impressive completion percentage in this day by any stretch. INT ratio is similarly skewed. We used to kill McNabb for completing less than 65% of his passes 20 years ago. Now, 65% is like the new 60%. Regardless, yeah, the guy got off to a nice start to his career in 2019, but since about week 6 of that season, he really hasn't done nothing to really move the needle much since then.

"Minshew Mania" was a short-lived episode, a blip on the radar for the NFL, but I guess the nicknames stick, so hey, why not let the guy have the job?

Thing is, the dude can flat ball out. He can play, and he has that DOG in him. he'll take over the # 2 QB spot before long.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Dude looks like he got caught in a time machine that hit three era's at the same time.

• Like 1

TATE going hyper-zone over a decent QB pickup. Everything is gonna be ok.

• He replaces a 3rd string QB who HAD TO Go. Check.
  • He can flat out play. Check.
  • If Hurts gets injured, the guy has shown he can at least play fairly well as a starter. Check.
  • The dude has some DOG in him. Check.

It's all good.

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Would you rather see threads of hate for the guy?

I keep seeing "we need to give Hurts a fair chance" and I don't understand how that's not already happening since the start of the offseason. He's getting a fair chance. How is he not in your eyes?

It seems like Hurts is being given a fair chance to be a generic NFL QB.

It doesn't seem like the Eagles have been building an offense around Hurts skill set.  Hurts skill set is similar to Lamar Jackson.  But Lamar Jackson is better.  Hurts is close enough though. 

When Hurts runs for 100+, the Eagles win.  This year I assume there will be wins with Hurts without him running for 100+, but the Eagles should have something built to get the most out of Hurts running.

5 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

It seems like Hurts is being given a fair chance to be a generic NFL QB.

It doesn't seem like the Eagles have been building an offense around Hurts skill set.  Hurts skill set is similar to Lamar Jackson.  But Lamar Jackson is better.  Hurts is close enough though. 

When Hurts runs for 100+, the Eagles win.  This year I assume there will be wins with Hurts without him running for 100+, but the Eagles should have something built to get the most out of Hurts running.

What do you want the Eagles to do to show you?

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

What do you want the Eagles to do to show you?

huh?  well, the games will be played the way they are played, the outcome will be the outcome, and then we will know what happened.

I'll be looking at the number of rushes overall, the number of rushing yards,  rushes by Hurts and rushing yards by Hurts.  I'd be looking at the number of read option runs by Hurts, and other designed runs.  

I'm not saying the Eagles aren't giving Hurts a chance to be the best QB of a pass first offense,  and I'm not saying that Hurts can't win the pass first competition, I'm saying that it doesn't look like the Eagles are going to have a lot of planned runs for the QB, and Hurts would do great at that, and the others wouldn't.  But I could be wrong, they could have a lot of QB runs.

8 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Minshew is good enough to keep this fan base calling for him the instant Hurts struggles...which he will.  Good signing for EMB turmoil.

I don't think hurts will struggle anymore than the franchise caliber of Wentz. Just hope hurts is given enough time as him to develop... giving 1 year to make or brake will be eagles biggest regret. Hurts will be good in the league. Mark my words with or without the eagles.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I don't think you can validly compare "seasons" against a guy's first four starts as a rookie. The sample size is not equal. If you want to say that Minshew has shown more than Hurts so far, I guess you can make that argument, buy they haven't both had an equal amount of opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.

Believe me I'm a fan of Minshew. I think he's a good qb but fee hurts has more potential if given fair shot. Jags are poor team. I personally think Minshew was taken lightly and better than Lawrence will be...Minshew put up good numbers on a crappy team.