Minshew Mania: Eagles trade 2022 conditional 6th to Jags for Gardner Minshew

Agent23

32 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Add more fuel to the fire you mean? Because hey the fire isn't big enough right now so we must add more. 

Nah, I’m going back to a post that EashlesVA posted about waiting for cutdown day instead of trading for Minshew.

Cam would be insane to come here now….

1 hour ago, Vee said:

OK, so Cam Newton is available....would he choose to come here....I think it might?

I would rather have Minshew than Cam.     Never been a big Cam fan.   I think his time in the NFL is getting short.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 1:00 PM, PhillyMG said:

I would say the odds of any team drafting a QB in the 6th round better than Minshew is slim.

Especially this Eagles FO. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vee said:

OK, so Cam Newton is available....would he choose to come here....I think it might?

qB fAcToRy!

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Let the mania begin

Who authorized him to have #10, that belongs to a Legend!  @RememberTheKoy they are disrespecting your man!

hhpYt3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

For anyone not liking the trade, can now be thought of like this:

Pryor and a 2022 7th for Minshew

On 8/28/2021 at 1:27 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I can't wait to hear the fans screaming for Minshew after Hurts throws his first INT.

With all due respect what has Hurts done to feel comfortable in his position? I mean I think people are does for writing him off after four games, but that doesn’t mean I think he’s a lock for anything either. Frankly if the fans call for Minshew because Hurts isn’t playing well then it’s probably justified. Certainly shouldn’t happen after the first pick (though we know those Wentzamaniacs will do it series to series) but I feel like Hurts can handle the pressure better than the previous bum. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Who authorized him to have #10, that belongs to a Legend!  @RememberTheKoy they are disrespecting your man!

hhpYt3.gif

I think Minshew is the perfect one to carry on the torch of #10.  He reminded me of Koy when he exploded in the scene. Similar spirits. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I think Minshew is the perfect one to carry on the torch of #10.  He reminded me of Koy when he exploded in the scene. Similar spirits. 

Both have some swag and flair, that's true.  Glad he gets your stamp of approval. 

gardnerminshew-minshew.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

How dare you disrespect Gardner Minshew with that comparison.

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

How dare you disrespect Gardner Minshew with that comparison.

10-25-02

The Eagles social media team is going to love this.  All they post is swag, dancing and walking into the stadium.  With Landon Dickerson following in Kelce's footsteps both on and off the field and this guy, they're gonna love all the swag and dancing.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

False

Not false at all. He's not that good and that will become very apparent if he has to play here.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not false at all. He's not that good and that will become very apparent if he has to play here.

Do you think Jalen Hurts is good enough to throw 31 TD's vs 5 int's this year ??

Just now, downundermike said:

Do you think Jalen Hurts is good enough to throw 31 TD's vs 5 int's this year ??

No but on an extended run I don't think Minshew is either. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No but on an extended run I don't think Minshew is either. 

That is what it would take to match Gardner Minshew's TD to interception ratio over his 20 starts.

He would also have to throw for 4,469 yards to match Minshew's total over his 20 starts.

Just now, downundermike said:

That is what it would take to match Gardner Minshew's TD to interception ratio over his 20 starts.

He would also have to throw for 4,469 yards to match Minshew's total over his 20 starts.

That's all very interesting. Doesn't detract that Minshew is not a starter in the NFL and never will be. Why? Because he's actually not good enough. 

• Like 1