Minshew Mania: Eagles trade 2022 conditional 6th to Jags for Gardner Minshew

Agent23

8 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the acquisition. I wholeheartedly approve of it. I just find the fans' enamoration with this guy as the future starter to be a bit amusing

At least Minshew was given a year. He did far but no way he's better than Hurts...

8 hours ago, downundermike said:

Just take the simplistic view of it. Napoleon Dynamite won the Eagles their first Super Bowl. Uncle Rico can win them their second.

If it's happens that way then great. Most fans and coaches thought Wentz had higher ceiling, just like feel hurts does.

8 hours ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

After a day, I see everything from Minshew will be the No. 3 at best to Minshew is going to be the franchise quarterback after Hurts falls flat on his face by October.

Think jags did just like eagles when they dealt foles. To give their hopeful franchise qb a chance without fans hanging on to favorites. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

It seems like Hurts is being given a fair chance to be a generic NFL QB.

It doesn't seem like the Eagles have been building an offense around Hurts skill set.  Hurts skill set is similar to Lamar Jackson.  But Lamar Jackson is better.  Hurts is close enough though. 

When Hurts runs for 100+, the Eagles win.  This year I assume there will be wins with Hurts without him running for 100+, but the Eagles should have something built to get the most out of Hurts running.

Lamar Jackson is trash. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Minshew already DM’ed my mom

His dm's cause instant pregnancy. He's gonna be your new step Daddy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Minshew already DM’ed my mom

He DM'ed my dad and said " you are welcome" and that was it. Not sure what that meant! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He DM'ed my dad and said " you are welcome" and that was it. Not sure what that meant! 

He gave your dad a mustache ride.

• Haha 1

It’s a curious acquisition to be sure.  The guy who said he wanted to be the starter ahead of Trevor Lawrence isn’t going to be happy as a #3.  Flacco signed because he wanted to be somewhere with a chance to compete to be the starter; he won’t be happy as a #3.  

The Eagles have created QB drama not only at the starting QB position but the backup QB position as well.  There won’t be any opportunities at this point to develop Minshew this season — the coaches will be too busy with Hurts.  I don’t see Minshew as good enough to be a starting QB on a good NFL team; I have the fear we will discover the same about Hurts.

The Eagles now have 3 QB who likely wouldn’t be starters on other NFL teams.

40 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

It’s a curious acquisition to be sure.  The guy who said he wanted to be the starter ahead of Trevor Lawrence isn’t going to be happy as a #3.  Flacco signed because he wanted to be somewhere with a chance to compete to be the starter; he won’t be happy as a #3.  

The Eagles have created QB drama not only at the starting QB position but the backup QB position as well.  There won’t be any opportunities at this point to develop Minshew this season — the coaches will be too busy with Hurts.  I don’t see Minshew as good enough to be a starting QB on a good NFL team; I have the fear we will discover the same about Hurts.

They love creating QB controversies doesnt matter if its for back ups or starters. I keep thinking they have something up their sleeves but then i remember they drafted Hurts last year

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

His dm's cause instant pregnancy. He's gonna be your new step Daddy.

image.gif.e62f68fcd0ad3edc0c8a5bd9710e7eed.gif

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2021 at 8:14 PM, time2rock said:

I think that is what is most likely.  However, if Howie finds a way to finagle a team to give up an early 3rd day pick for Flacco …

Doubt it but stranger things have happened.  

All the time I was thinking: Why did we sign Flacco?

Now it all makes sense. Total Roseman move, you are right.

7 hours ago, XoqTionR said:

I don't think hurts will struggle anymore than the franchise caliber of Wentz. Just hope hurts is given enough time as him to develop... giving 1 year to make or brake will be eagles biggest regret. Hurts will be good in the league. Mark my words with or without the eagles.

LOL.  He's getting a fair shot, Mrs. Hurts.  

On 8/29/2021 at 12:43 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Panning out, though, means that Hurts and Flacco didn't (either got hurt or flat out sucked) and we dropped down to our 3rd QB during the season (assuming he's 3rd). 

Or him to be a good presence in the locker room that learned the offense as he impressed in training. To then be given an extended contract as backup to Hurts?

Not good enough for you for a sixth?

6 hours ago, XoqTionR said:

Think jags did just like eagles when they dealt foles. To give their hopeful franchise qb a chance without fans hanging on to favorites. 

We didn’t deal Foles.  He left as a FA.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

We didn’t deal Foles.  He left as a FA.

The Jags traded Foles for a fourth to the Bears..

1 minute ago, Infam said:

The Jags traded Foles for a fourth to the Bears..

Read his post again.  "Jags did just like the Eagles when they traded Foles’

Just now, downundermike said:

Read his post again.  "Jags did just like the Eagles when they traded Foles’

Meh, I guess I did read it wrong. 😄

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They love creating QB controversies doesnt matter if its for back ups or starters. I keep thinking they have something up their sleeves but then i remember they drafted Hurts last year

Seems like a move you make only if there is another shoe to drop …..

I’m on record as saying Watson will end up in MIA, but the Minshew trade makes sense IF the Eagles were to trade for Watson, Hurts is part of a package going back to HOU, AND the Eagles are hedging against an 8-17 game suspension for Watson by the NFL league office.  Then they would have Flacco, and Minshew backing up this season (or vice versa)

Probably just overthinking it (or not thinking)

7 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Good point about the #3 QB situation.  Howie just created another messy situation in the name of competition.  My guess is they will unload Flacco for his salary and limited upside.  Put Minshew as #2 and add another young QB to develop.  If Hurts struggles in games, then this season will be a wash and they reshuffle the desk once again. 

3 hours ago, Infam said:

Meh, I guess I did read it wrong. 😄

You read it right.  The use of "they” refers to the subject of the sentence, which is the Jags.

original.png

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Seems like a move you make only if there is another shoe to drop …..

I’m on record as saying Watson will end up in MIA, but the Minshew trade makes sense IF the Eagles were to trade for Watson, Hurts is part of a package going back to HOU, AND the Eagles are hedging against an 8-17 game suspension for Watson by the NFL league office.  Then they would have Flacco, and Minshew backing up this season (or vice versa)

Probably just overthinking it (or not thinking)

Ugh, I wish this Watson crap would go away already! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ugh, I wish this Watson crap would go away already! 

Why.  We would instantly be a playoff team with him.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Why.  We would instantly be a playoff team with him.

I just think it's a bad idea. I don't trust anyone in this organization to make the right call on such a complicated situation.

With so many picks involved and an already disgruntled player having to deal with this FO would just not end well. 

• Like 1