EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Van Pelt is right for once. Why can't we just actually wear our old uniforms?

8 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

Exactly,  People might not have felt those passing yards were pretty but they helped to stretch the field, especially the Devonta and Qeuz passes while the running game stalled.   Shockingly like you said,  our ground game didn't look  good watching but we still got the 130 on the ground.   

It felt like we got a lot of small chunk yards (like 3-4 yards) but only a handful of 10 yard runs and not many longer. But hey they put up the yards and the points so that's all that matters really. 

Idk what game yall were watching where the run game was stalled in the first half. We had two plays of 10 plus yards in the first like 4 carries, after both they threw 3 straight times and lost possession. The run game was working but they were determined to throw the ball and they were rewarded with 3 points. Absolutely atrocious playcalling in the first half.

not basing anything off the games last night vs the redskins, dallas will beat the brakes off the eagles

40 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

not basing anything off the games last night vs the redskins, dallas will beat the brakes off the eagles

I agree. Especially when we have a QB who needs to be in an offense of running the ball 65% of the time 

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

I agree. Especially when we have a QB who needs to be in an offense of running the ball 65% of the time 

A Dallas playoff game has major "play for behind" potential, which is just not good with this offense.

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I’ve said this before but Eagles Twitter makes this place look like a Harvard MBA program 

LOL.  Twitter is the angry cesspool of social media.  Reddit isn't far behind.

15 hours ago, jsb235 said:

I think your an idiot.

Is that the thought you were looking for?

It's "you're" . When calling others an idiot, make sure you aren't one yourself. 

5 minutes ago, greend said:

It's "you're" . When calling others an idiot, make sure you aren't one yourself. 

If you are going to play grammar cop, at least figure out how to place a period in a sentence with quotation marks.

39 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

LOL.  Twitter is the angry cesspool of social media.  Reddit isn't far behind.

I can deal with angry. It’s the ignorance and incompetence that gets me 

Hurts’ problem of not seeing the field is compounded by his average-at-best arm strength. If you lock onto a WR and then don’t zip a pass in there with perfect placement, you give a defender too much time to react. 

results in missed opportunities, picks, and also exposing your WRs to vulnerable hits. 

and those flaws aren’t improving and likely won’t. 

im sure coaches in every level of football have tried to correct and then gotten comfortable with his scrambling ability to more than make up for those deficiencies. But in the NfL that overcompensation simply is t good enough. 

8 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

If you are going to play grammar cop, at least figure out how to place a period in a sentence with quotation marks.

:roll: okay sparky.

Hurts has a few more games to prove himself this year if the jury is still out at this point most likely he's not the guy. But from everything reported the draft isn't going to be that great for qbs next year so then what?

1 minute ago, greend said:

Hurts has a few more games to prove himself this year if the jury is still out at this point most likely he's not the guy. But from everything reported the draft isn't going to be that great for qbs next year so then what?

If this was going to be a good draft for QBs then the answer would have been a straight forward one. But with it not expected to be a great draft for QBs, and it being stacked on defense, I'd go defense heavy and roll with Hurts for another year. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If this was going to be a good draft for QBs then the answer would have been a straight forward one. But with it not expected to be a great draft for QBs, and it being stacked on defense, I'd go defense heavy and roll with Hurts for another year. 

I'd go heavy on defense (if we can't make a reasonable trade) and roll with Minshew. (That's if Hurts continues to play like crap) 

3 minutes ago, greend said:

I'd go heavy on defense (if we can't make a reasonable trade) and roll with Minshew. (That's if Hurts continues to play like crap) 

I mean yeah that's the alternative here too. I wouldn't be moving Minshew on in the off season though I suspect they may trade him. 

8 minutes ago, greend said:

Hurts didn't play like crap... look at the box score...  STATZZZ!   🤓

I think the way the QB position is set up league-wide most teams end up in QB purgatory 

the position is so important, teams overinvest in draft capitol but most bust which results not only in not adequately filling that position but also not building the rest of your team. 

if you do hit, they cost too much to keep, again making roster building more challenging (but not impossible - you just have to draft really well most years). 

and still they can leave (wentz) or flake out (Watson) or decline (Wilson). 

I think threading the needle to me is the best option. Get a "good enough” passer QB (not hurts) and build a great team around them. 

can we get that guy in the draft without overpaying, especially with a "weaker” QB class?  That would be my choice. 

Since the 1998 draft, only 4 players taken #1 overall have been on a Super Bowl winning team. Two of them are Mannings. One is David Carr (as a backup for the Giants, didn't play a single snap that year), and Eric Fisher the other. 

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The thing with this QB draft is that the ones available when we pick have better upside than Hurts and we gain back 2 years of rookie contract play. Just because it isn't loaded with high 1st round picks doesn't mean it is completely bereft of talent that can help our team.  Maybe, this is the year where QBs are drafted correctly (versus overdrafted).  Just imagine what Siri and this system can do with a QB that can see the whole field and make the throws. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I would never choose Morris or Quinn. Both have proven to be good co-ordinators, but poor head coaches. I guess there's a chance a guy makes that leap, but it wouldn't be my choice

Archived