EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Maybe. Maybe not.  But this so called Giant’s "blueprint” got an F yesterday, considering they were blown out. 

Have you ever heard of complementary football?

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Bacarty's Top 5 Things from the Weekend.

- Been saying it for weeks, Colts are good. They have a fumbling Raiders team at Home, and a bad Jags team. I got the Colts down to win 2 playoff games. 

- Someone compared Baker to Wentz.... Laughable

- Joe Borrow... Sheesh. That Ravens defense didnt have much injury/covid issues and he tore them up. (I know it's against TATE policy, but I rooted for cinncy as I hate the Ravens)

- I had a lot of faith in Stafford this year... and well.... he needed to be carried, and looks like needs to be carried in the future

- Mac Jones coming back to Earth. 

Eagles Tidbit-  Hurts isnt 100%, I wonder if it's effecting his already bad accuracy. NS was scared to throw the ball in the redzone. Hurts still cant read a defense

Are you insane? 

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

If you think the 4th quarter counts in all games you truly are an idiot. 

Cowboys are gonna trade Dak after seeing how well Cooper Rush played in the 4th last night. Might even cut Amari Cooper since they thought he was so bad he didnt even play a snap in the 4th yesterday

edited, bad verbiage on my part

Edited to what?

The Ravens are missing Humphrey and Peters to season ending injuries, the two backups Jimmy Smith and Chris Westry (who the hell are they?) were out with Covid, then the 5th stringer Anthony Averett (again, who?) got carted off the field in the first quarter. Their secondary is completely and utterly mangled. 

3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Maybe. Maybe not.  But this so called Giant’s "blueprint” got an F yesterday, considering they were blown out. 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yes, they count.  Very good.   And against a complete team, the Giants clearly are not, the defensive strategy put in place by their defense is the blueprint to stop this offense.   Not sure how that's a complicated idea.  The Giants held this team in check for 6 straight quarters with a fragmented offense to complement them.  Now... fast forward that to a playoff game... the only hope this team would have against a defense willing to play that way, is a Covid outbreak for the opposition.

I_P, we're clearly wasting energy moving our fingers to type here.  We both explained the context of the situation and he has decided to ignore said context. 

I would think most of us here realize that in the playoffs vs a team with an actual O and QB who deploys a similar D vs Hurts that it will be a blowout.....in favour of the OTHER team.  That's because we understand context instead of ignoring it and just looking at the final score.

This is an example of why we can't have nice things in The Blog.

40 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

:unsure:

If Dan Quinn gets another shot, so should Dennis Allen, he shut out Brady and the Saints Defense has been pretty good all season. 

8 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

It is.

To do so, they need three things to happen:

1. Eagles beat Washington
2. Green Bay beats Minnesota
3a. New Orleans loses its Week 17 game to Carolina OR
3b. New Orleans loses its Week 16 game to Miami AND San Francisco beats Houston

That's from the Athletic. 

This is crazy, our first Clinching Scenario.   Nobody predicted this.   If they can just close these two games out.   They are in but now things could fall and they're in Next Week.  Wild.  

8 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Edited to what?

The Ravens are missing Humphrey and Peters to season ending injuries, the two backups Jimmy Smith and Chris Westry (who the hell are they?) were out with Covid, then the 5th stringer Anthony Averett (again, who?) got carted off the field in the first quarter. Their secondary is completely and utterly mangled. 

Doesn't help the Ravens that we are stockpiling CBs for no reason.

6 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

If Dan Quinn gets another shot, so should Dennis Allen, he shut out Brady and the Saints Defense has been pretty good all season. 

Allen also held Rodgers to a 36 QB rating  , heck of a DC 

18 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

It is.

To do so, they need three things to happen:

1. Eagles beat Washington
2. Green Bay beats Minnesota
3a. New Orleans loses its Week 17 game to Carolina OR
3b. New Orleans loses its Week 16 game to Miami AND San Francisco beats Houston

That's from the Athletic. 

To be clear we can miss on #1, but can still clinch by beating the Cowboys week 18 if #2 and #3 happen.

Mills playing like best rookie QB so far , I thought he could have landed in late rd 1  , he’s doing more with less 

21 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

We had a 5 page debate on this... well that creepy guy 4for4 said Zero chance and called people names, so unsure if thats considered a debate

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nick-sirianni-coach-of-the-year-eagles-giants?cid=sm_npd_rsn_phi_fb_mn&fbclid=IwAR3wPAekLHzXdZ0GghQ92fy7I0fYcc6Los_xnWvPsdvpAI16MGFw_pm-w14

Creepy?

24 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

If you think the 4th quarter counts in all games you truly are an idiot. 

Cowboys are gonna trade Dak after seeing how well Cooper Rush played in the 4th last night. Might even cut Amari Cooper since they thought he was so bad he didnt even play a snap in the 4th yesterday

edited, bad verbiage on my part

The 4th quarter does count in games.  

23 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

This is an example of why we can't have nice things in The Blog.

This we can agree on.  I don’t take this blog seriously anymore and haven’t for some time now.  

Just now, Ace Nova said:

This we can agree on.  I don’t take this blog seriously anymore and haven’t for some time now.  

Bye!

41 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

And they forced two 'turnover-worthy' plays out of Hurts on the first two drives of the game.  Was just a continuation of their first meeting, until halftime when their own offense and ST betrayed them.

I wouldn’t say they forced anything.

All the Eagles needed to do was protect the football and they weren't going to lose. Fully aware of this, Hurts started the game by throwing a pass directly to a DB and fumbling.

These things can’t happen in a game where the other team is going to have a tough time moving the ball. I’ve been on the fence for over a year. Now, it seems clear the Eagles need a QB.

1 minute ago, SB52 said:

I wouldn’t say they forced anything.

All the Eagles needed to do was protect the football and they weren't going to lose. Fully aware of this, Hurts started the game by throwing a pass directly to a DB and fumbling.

These things can’t happen in a game where the other team is going to have a tough time moving the ball. I’ve been on the fence for over a year. Now, it seems clear the Eagles need a QB.

I agree.

1 hour ago, greend said:

Smith seems to be the real deal and is quietly having himself a nice rookie season

Just think of what his rookie season could have been with a better QB

ROTY

I hate that this is the mindset we have because of the rules in play but we should be hoping that some team thinks that Brian Johnson has worked magic with Jalen Hurts and offers him a HC job.  If that happens, hello two 3rd round picks!  

I was high on Johnson coming out of UF as a coach but I don't think he's done enough to climb any coaching ladder in the NFL yet.  

56 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

they would have a much better chance with minshew, but I dont think with minshew they can beat anyone in the playoffs, with hurts they'll get blown out, as soon as the eagles get behind, and they think they have to pass to get back into it, then its over, thats why I believe dallas will beat the snot out of them when they play, whether they play their starters or not

Surprisingly, the Eagles would match up best against GB.  The Packers run defense is absolutely atrocious and CLE gashed them repeatedly yesterday.  

Not saying the Eagles would be favored at all, but there's a good chance they would keep the game close -- plus Rodgers always implodes at some point in the playoffs.

Stafford is also rounding into late-season form with his 3 INT yesterday (should have been 5); I'd take a playoff matchup against him as well. 

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Realistic question... Is there anyone in the playoffs you think the Eagles can beat? 

MAYBE* the Cardinals if they keep on this downward swing.... but thats about it

Nobody 

Another completely wasted week IMO

Does anyone doubt that we win that game by 30+ if Minshew starts?

The only way to enjoy Eagles football right now is just turn your brain off and enjoy the sporting event just as an athletic competition.

Clearly, Hurts isnt the answer.  We're wasting our time waiting for him to develop, and playing him with even a slight injury to his ankle is peak idiocy.   He doesn't give us the best chance to win.  At some point we have to ask "what are we doing?"

I'm glad they've finally been feeding Smith the past couple games. More targets

4 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Nobody 

Dallas. As long as McCarthy is the coach, and Dak is the QB, they can lose to anyone.

Archived