EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kadarius Toney was drafted 20 overall. He had 2 catches for -2 yards in first 2 games.
Jalen Reagor was drafted 21 overall. He had 5 catches for 96 yards in first 2 games.

It can always be worse.

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

Kadarius Toney was drafted 20 overall. He had 2 catches for -2 yards in first 2 games.
Jalen Reagor was drafted 21 overall. He had 5 catches for 96 yards in first 2 games.

It can always be worse.

It’s hard to believe a gadget player who doubles as an aspiring rapper is off to a bad start in a Jason Garrett offense.

Just now, ManuManu said:

It’s hard to believe a gadget player who doubles as an aspiring rapper is off to a bad start in a Jason Garrett offense.

😂

Toney was the worst possible fit and everyone knew it at the time. Giants better hope the Bears have a top 10 pick or yikes.

1 hour ago, Nivraga said:

if holding was a 5 yard penalty there would be a lot more holding and inherently more holding penalties called. Constant yellow laundry on the field ruins the game. Penalties should be deterrents - I would be in favor of making it a 15 or 20 yard penalty.

Possibly but at this point holding is so subjective. Officials can call it on probably 80/90% of plays. 

Also why is defensive holding 5 yards while offensive is 10? Kind of odd since all rule changes being made cater towards the offense. 

Either way, there’s way too many penalties in the game as a whole. 

25 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

WTF does that even mean? 

Despite having potentially three first round picks next year, I hadn’t spent much time thinking about the draft. Mostly it’s because I felt much of that capital would be spent acquiring a QB. 

It’s just one game, but it was nice for Hurts to play so well that I can entertain the thought of spending those picks on other things. 

I would happily eat crow about Hurts and Howie if he develops into a good starter. Hopefully it isn’t a mirage. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It’s just one game, but it was nice for Hurts to play so well that I can entertain the thought of spending those picks on other things. 

I think it's going to be a lot of fun this year if Hurts continues to play well Because at that point we really will start thinking this team is going to use 2 or 3 of those picks to improve the team.

16 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think it's going to be a lot of fun this year if Hurts continues to play well Because at that point we really will start thinking this team is going to use 2 or 3 of those picks to improve the team.

Two big ifs, to be sure, but this roster is a competitive one if Hurts offers solid QB play and Sirianni and Gannon are the real deal. 

Those were such major unknowns going into the year — and still are — but it really made it difficult to project how the season would go. Sunday was a promising start, even if it was against Atlanta. 

33 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Possibly but at this point holding is so subjective. Officials can call it on probably 80/90% of plays. 

Also why is defensive holding 5 yards while offensive is 10? Kind of odd since all rule changes being made cater towards the offense. 

WTF does that even mean? 

33 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

WTF does that even mean? 

defensive holding is 5 yards plus a 1st down. Maybe not such a big deal on a first down play but can be devastating on a 3rd and long. Perhaps offensive could be only 5 if it included loss of down. But I think 10 is sufficient - my point was that IF anything it should be a stiffer penalty and not more lenient. 

10 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Two big ifs, to be sure, but this roster is a competitive one if Hurts offers solid QB play and Sirianni and Gannon are the real deal. 

Those were such major unknowns going into the year — and still are — but it really made it difficult to project how the season would go. Sunday was a promising start, even if it was against Atlanta. 

Good points.  In addition, think the biggest issue with this team being competitive is staying healthy.  I know that's a pretty safe take on the situation, but this team just isn't very deep.

51 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I think Heineken owes Hopkins a dinner.

That Giants lineman who went off-side on the FG attempt should get a really nice dinner.  If he did not, there would not be the 2nd kick to win the game.

53 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I know they’re in the NFC East (and I absolutely root for them to lose every non-conference game). Even so, I like seeing the guys barely making it a year ago getting life changing money.

55 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I think Heineken owes Hopkins a dinner.

Or at least a Heineken 

1 minute ago, Penn7980 said:

That Giants lineman who went off-side on the FG attempt should get a really nice dinner.  If he did not, there would not be the 2nd kick to win the game.

That hurts the Eagles. You want the Giants to win some games to hurt their draft pick. You also want WFT to lose. What an awful, awful play.

If Hurts turns out to be the guy, where would you like to see the Eagles go with those three firsts? Assuming they get all three, of course. 

For me it has to be DE, LB/S and CB. 

Our LB group is razor thin, but our safeties moving forward look pretty bad too. Either way, three young (and hopefully very good) players on the defense does wonders for this franchise.

I had a good chuckle at GMFB today.  Danny Dimes "was awesome" last night apparently.  He had a decent to good game, but he burned some worms and couldn't lead them to a 4th quarter win.  That's not the epitome of awesome. 

Still, I had a good laugh at Joe Judge. Did the team take laps again after the game?

1 hour ago, RLC said:

It can always be worse.

The Giants panicked hard when the Eagles jumped them for Devonta. They took an obvious trade-down package from the Bears and by the time it got back around to their pick at #20 they still didn't have a plan in place. These are the scenarios you're supposed to have prepared for leading up to the draft and it's pretty clear Gettleman and company had no clue what they were doing.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They had to have been passed down to him.  I have to piss just looking at that picture.  

I thought it was you at first

16 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Or it could have been Josh Allen

Of course, if it was Josh Allen do you think he would have had the season like he did last year especially given how bad the Giants' oline has been.  

1 hour ago, RLC said:

😂

Toney was the worst possible fit and everyone knew it at the time. Giants better hope the Bears have a top 10 pick or yikes.

They should've drafted Slater. Slater handles Chase Young really well and OL was a major need. They will be kicking themselves for years over going with Toney.

Archived