EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

15 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

The Giants panicked hard when the Eagles jumped them for Devonta. They took an obvious trade-down package from the Bears and by the time it got back around to their pick at #20 they still didn't have a plan in place. These are the scenarios you're supposed to have prepared for leading up to the draft and it's pretty clear Gettleman and company had no clue what they were doing.

Given the lack of depth on the o-line and talent at DE there were about 10 other players they could have picked that would have been much better.  

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

That Giants lineman who went off-side on the FG attempt should get a really nice dinner.  If he did not, there would not be the 2nd kick to win the game.

Reservations for 3 please.

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Possibly but at this point holding is so subjective. Officials can call it on probably 80/90% of plays. 

Also why is defensive holding 5 yards while offensive is 10? Kind of odd since all rule changes being made cater towards the offense. 

Either way, there’s way too many penalties in the game as a whole. 

5 yards and an automatic first down.   That penalty is OP in favor of the offense.

I feel really good going into Sunday as home dogs. I think it'll be a physical game with the Eagles making more plays on offense to win. 49ers dline is banged up and their CBs are depleted. I feel like our WRs will have a big game and hopefully Hurts continues to improve and build off last week. Our dline will reek havoc and the secondary comes up big with a game sealing int 

54 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

All time low when we're comparing our  first rounders to the giants to make us feel better. 

Guess you're too young for Len Bias... Too soon?

Don't trivialize someone dying.

I think we might need more than 2 games before passing judgment on Toney

didn’t  he miss time during preseason with a injury , and COVID protocol?

2 hours ago, RLC said:

Kadarius Toney was drafted 20 overall. He had 2 catches for -2 yards in first 2 games.
Jalen Reagor was drafted 21 overall. He had 5 catches for 96 yards in first 2 games.

It can always be worse.

Toney strikes me as a gadget.  Eagles drafted Gainwell in the fifth. He has the potential to be better than Toney.  It is a bit like Curtis Samuel.  Not quite a RB, not quite a WR.  I would want a Pollard or better, a Gibson.  Good as a RB and pretty good as a receiver too.  Gainwell has that potential and to some degree so does Scott.  Now whether Toney can achieve that, especially with Garrett as OC, is a bit of a question.  Toney looks like a great example of a player the coach is trying to jam in his scheme and not a coach identifying what a player does best and designing plays where the player will succeed. 

I think Toney can potentially be a full time RB.

But even as a slot WR he might be good on a different team. Theres probably a good chance he busts in a Jason Garrett offense. Garrett already had Tavon Austin and couldnt figure out how to use him successfully. Toney is in a poor situation.

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

If Hurts turns out to be the guy, where would you like to see the Eagles go with those three firsts? Assuming they get all three, of course. 

For me it has to be DE, LB/S and CB. 

Our LB group is razor thin, but our safeties moving forward look pretty bad too. Either way, three young (and hopefully very good) players on the defense does wonders for this franchise.

its a great corner class coming up. need one of the top ones for sure. DE seems next on the list.

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

If Hurts turns out to be the guy, where would you like to see the Eagles go with those three firsts? Assuming they get all three, of course. 

Our LB group is razor thin, but our safeties moving forward look pretty bad too. Either way, three young (and hopefully very good) players on the defense does wonders for this franchise.

EDGE and CB would be almost a given; if they use all 3 instead of trading out I would guess BPA.  I know there are a few 1st round WR @4for4EaglesNest has been scouting.

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

I seriously doubt Howie drafts a LB with a 1st

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Auburn has a safety named Smoke Monday. Something to watch if anyone watches PSU/Auburn this week.

He's a good player too.  Should be a fun game to watch. 

Justin Jefferson only had 5 receptions for 70 yards combined his first 2 games in the league. 

I think Toney was a bad pick too. Like Pitts a lot but question taking him that high.  But still maybe we need to give them a smidge more time before labeling them anything. 

Watching Wash/NYG, I realized the Eagles have the best HC in the division.

Eagles just looked more prepared in their first game on the road than these two teams.

Jones sucks, first rate athlete at QB, size/speed combo, the strong arm some here think is the be all and end all, but he just doesn't process information quickly. And that's the kiss of death for a pro QB. He's in his 3rd season, so the "inexperience" excuse no longer applies.

Heinicke is a backup QB period, people complain about Hurt's arm, well, this is what a weak armed QB looks like - but he was accurate and generally decisive, which is what you expect from a QB in his 5th pro season. But anything past 20 yards floated. Which tells you how bad the WFT secondary was, they were consistently beat in man and late to the ball in zone.

Nor did the WFT DL overwhelm me, I expect more from 4 1st rd picks. Thought Allen was the best of the group. What's all the hype with Young? Against a makeshift Giant OL, they were too inconsistent. And the WFT OL? Scherff at RG and four guys who would struggle to make our roster.

If the Eagles can beat Dallas, they can take this division, which may explain why Howie has kept all those veteran linemen.

6 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Eagles just looked more prepared in their first game on the road than these two teams.

Jones sucks, first rate athlete at QB, size/speed combo, the strong arm some here think is the be all and end all, but he just doesn't process information quickly. And that's the kiss of death for a pro QB. He's in his 3rd season, so the "inexperience" excuse no longer applies.

Heinicke is a backup QB period, people complain about Hurt's arm, well, this is what a weak armed QB looks like - but he was accurate and generally decisive, which is what you expect from a QB in his 5th pro season. But anything past 20 yards floated. Which tells you how bad the WFT secondary was, they were consistently beat in man and late to the ball in zone.

Nor did the WFT DL overwhelm me, I expect more from 4 1st rd picks. Thought Allen was the best of the group. What's all the hype with Young? Against a makeshift Giant OL, they were too inconsistent. And the WFT OL? Scherff at RG and four guys who would struggle to make our roster.

If the Eagles can beat Dallas, they can take this division, which may explain why Howie has kept all those veteran linemen.

Ha that’s up there in homerism 

36 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I seriously doubt Howie drafts a LB with a 1st

I'm asking what picks YOU would make. We all know Howie by now.

12 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

None. There are guys on other teams I can say play well. Barkley compared to hype of him coming out of college has been average to me. 

You can disagree. 

I've got to hand it to you.  Every single take you have on this blog is horrendous.  You're very consistent at least.  

8 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Lets calm down.  We are coming off a win against one of the 3 worst teams in football.  Lets get through a 49er team with a whole lot more offensive fire power before we start crowning anyone.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Alright all you second cousins, get your predictions in. I had 53 last week and only 26 so far. 

Got that list ??  I am sure I put mine in, wanna see all of them.

6 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Ha that’s up there in homerism 

After one game he's better than Judge (probably), Rivera and McCarthy (who's a dope in his own right, but he has won a SB). 

So best coach, best GM, best owner, best players.

Best Homer.

Archived