Lane Johnson posts personal message about depression & anxiety, returning to the field soon

time2rock

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

And to complete the circle of absurdity, his lead blocker would be Gainwell…

No.  

I've been talking about using Mailata outside of the 5 OL positions,  and I've gotten hard pushback from people here.  It's good to see that the Eagles are starting to do what I've been suggesting, and it's been working.  They didn't have that awful problem with 1st and goal from the 1 that caused the loss to the 9ers.  Same situation, and they did the right thing.  Hurts + Bigs  and run up the middle.  It's the natural solution and it worked.  I don't think the Eagles are going to go all the way to Hurts + 10 big blockers but they're going in that direction, and it's working.  Mailata can do a lot as a SuperWeapon,  and I'm not predicting that he'll end up doing all that I suggest, and will continue to suggest,  but he's already is doing something.   And I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in the backfield, blocking,  as a FB or HBack, similar to what Ricard does for the Ravens.  Trickery and uncertainty aren't as important in short yardage situations as physical dominance, and Mailata gives them that. 

10 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That would of come out as a suspension from the league if that was the case. 

Maybe he didn’t fail a DT. Maybe this was done proactively by the team to avoid that scenario. 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

No sense arguing with the kray krays.  

Well, I'm right, so it's smart not to argue with me.

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Maybe he didn’t fail a DT. Maybe this was done proactively by the team to avoid that scenario. 

True, who knows. I hope he isn't so far gone with opiates if that's the case. 

20 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

True, who knows. I hope he isn't so far gone with opiates if that's the case. 

Like I said…baseless speculation. But the security guy having to go get him…it makes sense. Trust me as an Oklahoma and Eagles fan, I don’t want this to be true. I love Lane. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Like I said…baseless speculation. But the security guy having to go get him…it makes sense. Trust me as an Oklahoma and Eagles fan, I don’t want this to be true. I love Lane. 

Me too but, he has been going through a lot of nagging injuries especially that ankle and playing on it when it wasn't even heeled right. Then having to get it fixed and rehab it again. 

A guy I went to school with got addicted to pain killers playing guard on the football team. He had a lot of back issues, nicest guy in the world friendly big smile never would think anything of it. 

So some years later the doctors cut him off the pain killers and he turned to heroin.... Only 28 yrs old... NFL let's these guys take pain killers and ban better ways to deal with pain and it leads to worse problems . It's BS. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The only other possibility to me is an immediate family member close to death. Whatever it is, I just hope we get him back soon.

2 minutes ago, macgregor said:

The only other possibility to me is an immediate family member close to death. Whatever it is, I just hope we get him back soon.

Or something with Lane. I just wish him well. The football side of it doesn't even matter. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, macgregor said:

A death of someone else wouldn't make him miss multiple games, and that wouldn't be secretive. He'd attend a funeral and be back. 

24 minutes ago, NOTW said:

A death of someone else wouldn't make him miss multiple games, and that wouldn't be secretive. He'd attend a funeral and be back. 

Unless it's one of his kids

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Unless it's one of his kids

I didn't know he has kids, so that could be. 

Regardless, just feels vital, bigger than football and obviously private. It will come out eventually it's no one's business.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I didn't know he has kids, so that could be. 

Regardless, just feels vital, bigger than football and obviously private. It will come out eventually it's no one's business.

About 2 years ago Lane and his wife seperated and somehow she got the kids. I watched it unfold on Instagram. It was pretty ugly. Not saying that has anything to do with what's going on now but could be.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

If it was one of his kids he’d be in Oklahoma, with his kids 

You just know everything don't ya!!

• Haha 1

I just feel like if it was a death or serious illness in his family it would've come out by now, indeed I'd question if the team would've kept it a secret this long and definitely whether they'd have sent the team head of security to collect him from Oklahoma.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:37 PM, Random Reglar said:

And I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in the backfield, blocking,  as a FB or HBack, similar to what Ricard does for the Ravens.  Trickery and uncertainty aren't as important in short yardage situations as physical dominance, and Mailata gives them that. 

Good idea coach.

• Like 1

Info rarely escapes this forum. But FWIW I found out Lane with 3 kids, divorced from his wife a couple years ago after 6 years. It could be something to do with repairing the marriage. That would be better than some of the alternatives.

5 minutes ago, macgregor said:

Info rarely escapes this forum. But FWIW I found out Lane with 3 kids, divorced from his wife a couple years ago after 6 years. It could be something to do with repairing the marriage. That would be better than some of the alternatives.

Repairing a marriage is definitely important. I hope it's that rather than a drug or mental issue. Prayers going up for him and his.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I just feel like if it was a death or serious illness in his family it would've come out by now, indeed I'd question if the team would've kept it a secret this long and definitely whether they'd have sent the team head of security to collect him from Oklahoma.

Didn't the team keep AR's sons addiction issues under wraps for a long while? 

Or it could be that aliens have kidnapped his high school coach and he's mounting an interstellar rescue.  Guys, the pointless speculation is...pointless. 

From a football perspective what I'd like to know is how long they're going to keep him on the active roster.  I'm not sure what designation they would use - Reserve  NFI is the closest I can see - but considering how thin they are on the OL an open roster spot could come in handy if he's not coming back soon.  

• Like 1

I think the pandemic  has been brutal for the mental health of so many, it’s brave for Lane to talk about this.  I feel like a jerk for even thinking he was going to retire.

• Like 3