Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

They showed some of them running out of fuel chasing after that dinosaur thing that kidnapped the kid earlier in the season.

Right, but again they were living in hiding on an abandoned planet at that time. This is before they got to a central trade hub like Navarro or reunited with the other (helmet removing) Mandolorians who I don’t believe we ever saw have fuel issues.

• Like 1

Spoiler

just wondering, did all of the gideon clones actually die ?

if one survived, is he now deformed and possibly becomes snoke or is that who thrawn may become. ? 

just asking questions. 

33 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

if one survived, is he now deformed and possibly becomes snoke or is that who thrawn may become. ? 

just asking questions. 

Spoiler

The implication from Gideon is they all died.  He is pissed at Mando when they finally come face to face because he "struck them down” before they could take their first breath.

That said, there is a popular refrain in TV and Movies which is, if you don’t see them formally die on screen they are fair game to be revived.  

Spoiler

My initial thought with Gideon was that he didn't die either - thought maybe his suit would protect him 

20 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:
Spoiler

The implication from Gideon is they all died.  He is pissed at Mando when they finally come face to face because he "struck them down” before they could take their first breath.

That said, there is a popular refrain in TV and Movies which is, if you don’t see them formally die on screen they are fair game to be revived.

Spoiler

i still wonder and that past of it seemed rushed to me. i may be way off, just something to ponder as these series connect us to snoke and the first order.

5 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:
  Hide contents

just asking questions. 

Spoiler

Thrawn, in the EU, is an alien from a planet not referenced anywhere. Will leave at that for fear of further spoilers - but in the books, a big character.

Spoiler

He is from a planet called Chiss and had interactions with Anakin, Vader, Tarkin, etc.  Those books are ace

5 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Right, but again they were living in hiding on an abandoned planet at that time. This is before they got to a central trade hub like Navarro or reunited with the other (helmet removing) Mandolorians who I don’t believe we ever saw have fuel issues.

It is a bit silly though to make a point about it, when someone is flying full pelt through atmosphere into space, but they can't chase a dinosaur coz fuel. Why fly chasing a dinosaur again if you know you have half a tank?  Riain Johnson really did them over making a fuss about fuel in his film because pedants like me keep noticing it.

Spoiler

I am glad they left things where they are. I think this was all a set up for another Mandalorian tv series. I kinda wish they would stop using The Mandalorian to set up other tv shows and would just give us straight up episodic space cowboy. 

On 4/20/2023 at 5:00 PM, Bill said:
  Hide contents

I am glad they left things where they are. I think this was all a set up for another Mandalorian tv series. I kinda wish they would stop using The Mandalorian to set up other tv shows and would just give us straight up episodic space cowboy. 

i have a feeling mando will be in the ahsoka series quite a bit. 

5 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i have a felling mando will be in the ahsoka series quite a bit. 

It's fair to say that anything that has Dave Filoni vaguely involved with it, will have some element of crossover with other the programmes.

• Like 1

Weak season from Mandalorian.  First couple seasons were like a 7/10 for me, this was more like a 5.  Just never got into the side character Mandalorians and they started driving me apeshite with the constant "This is the way".  Made them sound like goofy cultists they are.  The action got tired watching them play the same bat-gadgets over and over.  It had some memorable moments like the droid cantina and the Pershing episode but overall a pretty lame plot with hammy acting up and down.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 2:00 PM, Bill said:
  Hide contents

Yeah I’m hoping that’s where it heads to also. Ending seemed like it was trending that way 

On 4/22/2023 at 10:10 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Weak season from Mandalorian.  First couple seasons were like a 7/10 for me, this was more like a 5.  Just never got into the side character Mandalorians and they started driving me apeshite with the constant "This is the way".  Made them sound like goofy cultists they are.  The action got tired watching them play the same bat-gadgets over and over.  It had some memorable moments like the droid cantina and the Pershing episode but overall a pretty lame plot with hammy acting up and down.

This is the way. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because Johnson and Kennedy were more interested in making him look like a moron in those films?

• Like 1

Only on Mando ep 4 & struggling. Poor writing, the plot is weak and all over the place. They should have left Baby Yoda (stop trying to make Grogu happen) at season 2 & moved on. Should have taken the Mando episodes from Boba Fett & made them into season 3. Not hopeful this will get better. 

3 separate shows now have done flashbacks to Order 66 or shown Jedi who survived (Rebels).

They should've just done a Rebels TV show to include everything from eps 3 to 4. 

20 hours ago, NOTW said:

3 separate shows now have done flashbacks to Order 66 or shown Jedi who survived (Rebels).

They should've just done a Rebels TV show to include everything from eps 3 to 4. 

It shows the lack of overall control Disney has over a product that they spent billions of $ on.  Nerds can be annoying, but would at least say when they do that with Order 66.  The issue kind of starts at the top.  Picard Season 3 did an on-screen reunion with the TNG; still get why Disney didn't do it.  Would have made them serious money, done right

Mando season 3 issues:

Spoiler

Din previously learned the creed/cult wasn't as important as mission and connection.  He took his helmet off for legit reasons and learned from Bo-Katan that there is another "way."  But then he wants to wash in the waters to be cleansed and forgiven which I think is going backwards in development.  They probably did that because Pedro Pascal did not join on set to shoot anything because of doing the Last of Us.  

The plot was all over the place and the trope of the side quest to get something but once you get there they need you to do them a favor first, that is really old.  The actual interesting plot was about the planet Mandalore and they didn't do enough with that until the end, when Gideon shows up with dark troopers.  The video was right, that one episode felt like Andor, another had flashbacks to Order 66 for no reason.  Some people were glad to see Ahmed Best as a Jedi.  If I hadn't read about that I wouldn't have known it was him.  Jar Jar was a terrible character and didn't need "redeeming." 

Grogu flipping around was so silly.  Jack Black and Lizzo were dumb and they were giving her more lines to try and give her legitimacy to acting while Jack Black just stared at her.  They teased Thrawn and I was hoping he'd show up at the end but we'll have to wait for the Ahsoka series.  

• Like 2

i have high hopes for ahsoka. 

i'll probably be disappointed. 

• Like 1