Golf

hey suess

7 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Bryson v brooks who ya got?

i got koepka

Arm wrestling? Beer pong?

Koepka took it far more seriously than DeChambeau did.  And the result clearly showed that. I loved when, early on, Phil was ripping on DeChambeau’s club setup before a bunker shot, and Bryson said ‘’I can still hear you Phil.’’ :roll: 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ok, this winter sucks monkey nuts.  I wont be able to get out this weekend either.  That would be two weeks in a row of no golf.  It's like living in PA all over again.  Not good.  

Not sure what it's like down your way, but it looks like we're likely to have snow and ice on the ground for the next few weeks, if not longer.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Sunny just chilly and windy.  We have nothing on the grass.  Which is why I moved here.  But we're looking to move further south and towards the ocean in the next year or two.  

Where are you?

Just north of Greensboro.  We may have a bit of it melt tomorrow and Thursday, but then more coming on Friday.

Beats my five months of no golf.  Unless I travel somewhere of course.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Now at a month since my last round of golf.  This is getting out of hand.  

I've actually enjoyed being off for about 6-8 weeks over the last say 10 years before I felt antsy.  It actually seems to help a bit mentally.  Of course you have to revisit everything mechanically but that can be good as well.  I have a tendency to just make simple easy swings after a layoff and that's usually a good place to start any improvement process.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've got two months left until courses open here but I did just book a trip to the deep southeast corner of North Carolina in April.  Plenty of golf there and my good ole doctor golf buddy will join for a few days.  Haven't been down there for golf in 15 years.  Doubt I'll actually cross over into South Carolina and the Myrtle mess but who knows.

• 1 month later...

Got my irons finally.

snuck in 9 last sunday with the kid and the weather has been dog ish since. Sleeting tonight…

10 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Got my irons finally.

snuck in 9 last sunday with the kid and the weather has been dog ish since. Sleeting tonight…

What did you buy?

3 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Titliest t200. Need new vokeys still

and now it friggen snowed overnight…

Nice!  I guess you'll love those.  Hope you can get some weather and get out soon.  I still have my Srixon 745s from about 5 years back.

My main course is about to have new grass shipped up from Spain.  Basically an entire replacement of the top layers of sod, sand, grass.  We won't be playing on it until some point into June.  Should be worth it though as we will finally get a fully modern set of greens with A4 grass.  The layout is great and the green conditions have always been the weakness.  Luckily, we have a nine hole course plus our sister site (part of the club) has 36 holes as well.  Might be a bit tough getting times once we open mid-April and then thru to the opening but just have to deal with that.

• Like 1

It's time

In three weeks I'm playing Tidewater in SC and following the next day with Tiger's Eye in NC.  A 3rd round yet to be named.  Maybe an older Donald Ross course up near Wilmington, NC.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We'll be moving to the Wilmington area or a little further south, within the next few years. 

Ocean Isle Beach

Shallote

Boiling Springs Lake

Leland

Southport

Bolivia

Are all areas we are looking at.  Sunset Beach is stupid nice.  But probably not in the cards.   

We will be in Southport. It is one of our 2nd home retirement options. I’d like to get a place in the walking / golf cart range of the harbor and downtown area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Golf cart communities is what I want.  But comes with their own set of issues. 

Bald Head Island is golf cart only

9 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Bald Head Island is golf cart only

Good friends of ours (they used to live in Wilmington, now live in Morehead City) got married there.  We went down for a mini vacation around the wedding - really enjoyed it.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah I know.  

Well, that’s not happening.  😂

Yeah, that place is going to be a bit pricey plus you have to go on a boat everywhere.

Interesting with Tiger playing of course.  I think it will be tough for him to make the cut but will scrape thru.  He'll hit plenty of good shots but there is going to be a ton of rust and that means a few errant shots and a slew of dropped shots around the green.  I'm thinking the short game will be the big issue.

Oosty with a 7-wood on 11. Don’t see those much anymore. I have a Quad-Pro 7-wood in my 2nd bag. Used to like it a lot. 

Tiger with a bump and run chip on 11 from a couple yards off the green. Some real old school stuff out there today.