Golf

hey suess

First round in the books.  Better than expected.  I drove the ball well and only had a couple of really poor shots overall.  Didn't hit many greens though and they were hard to score on as they were horribly slow. I'll take it, an 88.

They pin punched our greens a week ago so now they rolled them and suddenly they are back to lightning. 

81 sat but drive two ball OB. Two birdies

I hit driving range and putting green for first time since 2019 yesterday. Might go to DSG at lunch to get a new glove and maybe try on some shoes. I bought a rangefinder over the weekend also but ordered another I saw advertised online hours later (those lovely targeted ads) and will keep the one I enjoy more. 

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I hit driving range and putting green for first time since 2019 yesterday. Might go to DSG at lunch to get a new glove and maybe try on some shoes. I bought a rangefinder over the weekend also but ordered another I saw advertised online hours later (those lovely targeted ads) and will keep the one I enjoy more. 

I think after two years you need to entirely overhaul your equipment and clothes.  You can keep the GSWarrior headcover and Eagles ball marker but everything else must go.

8 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

I think after two years you need to entirely overhaul your equipment and clothes.  You can keep the GSWarrior headcover and Eagles ball marker but everything else must go.

I shockingly don't have any custom headcovers or any of that. I guess I am a little extra in that I do have covers for each of my irons. These ones based on a quick google search, but no GSW or Eagles towels, bag, markers, etc. 

81uOoFa0TTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

4 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I shockingly don't have any custom headcovers or any of that. I guess I am a little extra in that I do have covers for each of my irons. These ones based on a quick google search, but no GSW or Eagles towels, bag, markers, etc. 

I had iron covers back in the 90s.  I finally realized they didn't actually do anything except add time for me to take them off and put them on.

You need an Eagles driver cover (or GS).

• Like 2

Just now, DrPhilly said:

I had iron covers back in the 90s.  I finally realized they didn't actually do anything except add time for me to take them off and put them on.

You need an Eagles driver cover (or GS).

I thinks it more the sound of the club heads clanging together that bothers me. I HAVE had times where I'm 2-3 shots down the course and realize I didn't put the cover back on and it wound up falling once I moved the cart and had to go back to recover  (at least half a dozen times lmao) 

• Like 1

Just now, Agent23 said:

I thinks it more the sound of the club heads clanging together that bothers me. I HAVE had times where I'm 2-3 shots down the course and realize I didn't put the cover back on and it wound up falling once I moved the cart and had to go back to recover  (at least half a dozen times lmao) 

Exactly.  Just deal with the clang or get a bag that has a slot for each club.

3 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Ban worthy offense

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Ban worthy offense

seems affordable!

image.png.2cf0bbe10942e6e1a002fe69111ff1b1.png

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 11:13 PM, Agent23 said:

seems affordable!

image.png.2cf0bbe10942e6e1a002fe69111ff1b1.png

Did you order them?

49 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Did you order them?

image.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 7:54 PM, ToastJenkins said:

He did

as a spank sock

They'd be a little large for that - he could get away with just a putter cover I'm sure 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

kiddo played her first 18 holes from the front tees. went one over on the four par 3's (three pars, one bogey on a three putt). damn near aced the 15th...rolled right by the hole.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Another mental midget collapse on Sunday.  Shot a 38 on the front.  Sitting on 26 after 6.  Knowing all I had to do was finish Bogey, Bogey, Par (toughest stretch on the course though)  to finally break 80.  Yep, one head lift, another missed approach shot on 16  and collapsed to with 3 straight 7's.  So dejected.  Just got to get over that mental block.  It's a story I have shared over and over.  I just have to find a way to block it all out and not thinking about my score.  

Been there dude. Start thinking and you tense up and things go wrong. Gotta stay relaxed in your arms and grip and just meet the ball. The rest will take care of itself. At that point in a round like that the last thing you want to do is try harder. 

Awesome 

Makes me remember when Watson just needed to par 18 from the fairway to win the Open a couple months from turning 60.  He was too pumped with adrenaline, flew the green, couldn't get it up and down, and then lost in the playoff.  That was back in 2009 at Turnberry if my memory serves me.

On 5/25/2021 at 8:57 AM, mikemack8 said:

:roll: 

Not taken down here and love Brooks 

• Like 1